It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a hall of shame on ATS?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I'm sure I would be. I tend to not blindly accept nonsense as fact.

Nor do make a habit of hiding an inability to craft words behind emoticons!

(Do I even know you? Or did I just dare disagree with one of your proclamations at one time in the distant past?)
edit on 19-3-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
maybe there is a hall of shame and y'all are in it so you can't see it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

FTW!!!!!!

Ten internet points to you.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I do wish that there was a way to keep track of poor quality posters, ideological blinded posters, and other drivel so that I don't waste my time reading their posts.

I've been around for a while and have seen the arguments about negative stars and agree that would not fix the issue. I agree that a negative star system would be ripe for abuse if it's simply the opposite of the star system. But I'd like to see some type of neg star system visible only to me so that in a Really Big Thread i can weed through the chaff quickly

The small size of the ignore lists here precludes any real ability to weed out the noise generated by posters who I really don't care what they have to say. The decision has been made by the ownership to keep the ignore list too small for my liking. It is what it is.

I'd actually come to the board business section to make a thread about my idea. Is there any way to make the UI track how many times I've starred or flagged a member? Having some negative star system combined with that would really help with the noise around here.

For example: In reading a busy thread I see that the most active participants in that thread other than the OP is someone I've flagged 20xs (finds good content) and starred 50xs (well thought posts that I largely but not always agree with). The other poster I've given 75 neg stars. By this point the poster I've given 75 neg stars I really don't care what they have to say about anything and would have them ignored if there was room on my list.

The Japan story is really what is bringing this on. I've seen so much ignorance and hysteria there that I'm thinking about giving up ATS altogether. If The Redneck was not as involved as he is in it I probably wouldn't have read beyond the first couple of pages.

A better way of tracking quality (both good and bad) is needed especially with the influx of new members.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Take deep breaths and relax it was just a joke.

See what I get for trying to be funny....

To answer your original question though, no there is no hall of shame here on ATS. You have WATS (Way Above Top Secret) for the top 50 contributors but that is it in regards to recognition here.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
maybe there is a hall of shame and y'all are in it so you can't see it.

It's in Way Above Top Secret area, just look for it, but you need more that 100, 000 points.

edit on 19-3-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

My apologies.

I think...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Well,they do have those little red flags you get
when you've been bad,I think that is enough.
I have never been red-flagged and hope that I never am.
edit on 20-3-2011 by mamabeth because: removed word

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I for one am glad that, that the moderators use discretion when banning people, when concerning hoaxed vids. I posted something that I thought was genuine. I got attacked, because many claimed it was fake. It got moved to the hoax bin eventually. I'm glad that the mods could see that I was not trying to fake or hoax , even though some now treat me as a troll or hoaxer, all because of one thread. I was not trying to cause trouble or fake something, just thought it was a good vid myself. I guess i'm just more trusting when it comes to believing somebody.

edit on 20-3-2011 by Slipdig1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join