It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown Incident at Dover Airforce base forces road closures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Unknown Incident at Dover Airforce base forces road closures

www.myfoxphi lly.com

DOVER, Del. - A local newspaper is reporting that buildings are evacuated at the Dover Air Force Base after an unspecified incident on the installation.

Delaware State Police said they were contacted at 10:19 a.m. by base personnel who requested that Route 1's northbound and southbound lanes be closed "due to an incident they are handling."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Interesting development. Buildings being evacuated, route 1 in both directions being closed... ALthough the article says that one of the lanes may have been reopened...

Wonder what could be happening at the base?

Any members near there who can report on what might be going on? There seems to be very little known at this point.

www.myfoxphi lly.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Interesting! Searches on the web point to your original source. I wonder if anyone in the local area who is an ATS'r can shed any light. This has piqued my interest.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Last time there was this level of crazyness happening around a base, there was a lone gunman walking around with a pair of pistols capping the hell out of all he saw before him. I would hope that whatever this incident happens to be, turns out far less lethal.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Actually the last time there was craziness like this was at Dugway Army Base and it was because a container of VX nerve gas went missing.

edit on 3-18-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
According to facebook,which I don't use:

A Facebook update and Twitter post attributed to the 512th Airlift Wing at Dover AFB stated that a suspicious vehicle caused the earlier shutdown of Route 1 near the installation: The suspicious vehicle has been cleared and Route 1 is now open. The vehicle is currently being processed through standard commercial gate procedures," stated on its Facebook page.

www.myfoxphilly.com...

A dodgy vehicle seems to be behind it,who or what was in the vehicle remains to be covered up

Edit
icture of vehicle!

Hmmm...Jack Bauer??

edit on 18/3/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: Pic

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
My son is stationed there and supposed to work today. I cant get ahold of him or I could let you know what is going on. I will post later what I find out. I hope he calls soon!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Wow... that passed me by entirely... You dont want to loose track of a container of that stuff. Vile effect that has on a person if dispersed.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

There was a post ..thread made yesterday by an ATS member stateing the state police were on parade...towards the DIA and asked if anyone knew what was going on....
Sorry I cant find it..
NEVERMIND...it was Denver not Dover....D'ohhhhhh
edit on 18-3-2011 by Doc Holiday because: must be filled out

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Thanks for the update. I think I do see Jack Bauer near that blue tent. Quick. Someone give jack an case of energy drinks. Because the next 24 hours is gonna be hell.

Pretty strange to see the tent in the middle of the road in front of a driveway. Perhaps, instead of a suspicious car, the problem is down a manhole. Maybe a manhole cover was removed or improperly placed. And the authorities are looking to see if anyone is in or placed something down there.

Keep the updates coming!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Here's the latest-

Suspicious truck entered the base and was inspected for explosives but sounds like nothing was found thankfully.

DOVER, Del. -- A suspicious vehicle forced the closure of several major roads near Dover Air Force Base in Delaware Friday, but has been cleared, officials said.
A semi-tractor trailer entered the base's gates and a military dog inspecting the truck indicated there was something suspicious on board, a statement from the base said. As a result, a 2,000-ft. (6km) cordon was established around the truck, which included parts of Route 1, a major roadway.

Read more: www.nypost.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I still haven't heard from my son, but doesn't sound like he's in danger. Thank you for this thread, and the updates. If it weren't for ATS and OP I probably would never have found out about this! Star & Flag for you, PhotonEffect!
edit on 18-3-2011 by bloodnoir because: had something to add

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The vehicle in the pic appears to be a base fire response vehicle (specifically the Chief of the fire dept.). As a retired AF member, I can tell you that there are many situations (some quite minor) which account for closing civilian access onto or near a base. A munitions movement going wrong, an exercise (and yes, they do close civilian access for mere exercises). Or an alarm activation at a banking or retail facility.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I finally heard from my son, everything is fine. He wasn't affected, it was just the residential side of the base that was. Suspicious packages in a vehicle that the sniffer dogs were worried about. Turned out to be nothing. Sorry about being so vague but I don't want my son in trouble, he finds enough on his own.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

No explosives found after suspicious vehicle incident at Dover Air Force Base

...A semi-tractor trailer entered the base's gates and a military dog inspecting the truck indicated there was something suspicious on board, a statement from the base said. As a result, a 2,000-ft. (6km) cordon was established around the truck, which included parts of Route 1, a major roadway.

...Approximately 22 buildings inside the cordon were evacuated as a precaution, a spokesman for the base, which serves as the largest mortuary for the Department of Defense....

...The truck was then searched by the Explosive Ordnance Disposal unit but nothing suspicious was found...

...During the evacuation and road closure several Facebook users speculated on the Dover Post Facebook page that the incident was related to a bomb threat.

Read more: NYPost : Dover Base Incident

Read more: Dover Post : Building evacuated ...

Cheer

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

DOVER, Del. -- A suspicious vehicle forced the closure of several major roads near Dover Air Force Base in Delaware Friday, but has been cleared, officials said.
A semi-tractor trailer entered the base's gates and a military dog inspecting the truck indicated there was something suspicious on board, a statement from the base said. As a result, a 2,000-ft. (6km) cordon was established around the truck, which included parts of Route 1, a major roadway.

Read more: www.nypost.com...

I'm glad to hear it's all worked out well but... 2000ft is around 0.6km, not 6km. Might sound like me being pedantic but when I read the article first time I skipped the ft reference and hit the 6km figure I started thinking this must be something seriously bad - "NBC device"/"dirty bomb" type bad - to require an exclusion zone that big.

Bad reporting can cause a panic.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by B3lz3buth

Thanks for the update. Glad it was nothing. False alarms are better than the real thing.

top topics

join