It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Alex Jones Ripping People Off Thru Fear Mongering with Potassium Iodide?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Fixed

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Analyze76

And how many people died in the areas affected due to inhaling dangerous quanties of radioactive iodide?

KI may be useful for some of those living close to the Fukushima reactor - it's of no use whatsoever to those living thousands of miles away, especially since the release of radiation is a magnitude less than at Chernobyl.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I had stated in a post earlier in this thread that it won't help you. Long term its over 1,000,000 deaths. Potassium Iodide is good to have in an emergency kit in your home. Look how many of these plants we have in the country.radiationnetwork.com...

By the way I have worked in the plants at shutdowns. 3 hrs of work the rest is all prep and decon.

I see alot of people thinking that its tough.......bravado........politically correct right wing to support these dirty dangerous things so that a few can make trillions.

I am as right wing as you can get except on these things.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Analyze76

P.S. I do not think it should be banned from military use, aircraft carriers, etc. I just think that there is too much reliance for these for electric power. I would rather have coal, oil, natural gas, solar plants.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Analyze76
reply to post by Essan

I had stated in a post earlier in this thread that it won't help you. Long term its over 1,000,000 deaths.

No-one in Britain or America died as a result of Chernobyl.

Where on earth do you get a million deaths from?

Scaremongers are not well recieved.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It's funny how a lot of the truthers not all of course are getting mad about me questioning Alex Jones and Potassium Iodide. He has it for sale for 40 bucks plus shipping at his site. The place he bought it from is in Texas where he lives for 20 bucks no shipping. They are sold out. If you put Alex Jones Potassium Iodide in Google look at all the propaganda that comes up from Infowars. This is America I thought right? And I thought truthers asked tough questions. I apologize I ruined your circle jerk over your teddy bear Jones. But some body had to do it and I thank those who alerted me to this story. Not sure if they want me to mention their names. Since this is heating up I'm on several # lists. lol But that's how I rock and roll. Question Everything! Don't shoot the sexy messenger do your own phucking research! So be it and God Speed!

Reverend Pritchett of The Church Of Mabus Radio Show w/ Guy Weddle
www.mabusincarnate.com

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ReverendPritchett

Wow!

All this coming from someone that runs a UFO website (Donation Link included of course) and labels himself "Reverend?"

And then I see that the site is "The Church of Mabus???" Talking about not just UFO's but "Demonic UFO's"???

www.mabusincarnate.com...

And you call someone out for stirring up fears, looking for money and claiming to know all?

Maybe take it up with Alex instead of going after his fans. Or maybe you're looking for converts?

Again...WoW!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Jude you might wanna do more research before you run your blow hole about what Mabus is. No one knows what Mabus means. Also you saw a Nick Redfern interview from the radio show which was about a government think tank that did a comparison to UFOs and End Times Prophecies from Belief Systems to see if it was indeed correct. As for converts we have many listeners world wide already. I make no money at my website and have had one 13 dollar donation this year. So before you speculate and assume get your facts strait. Evidence is pretty clear when it comes to Alex Jones and supposedly the owner of the store maybe on a radio show soon to talk about Jones buying the product. So research before you condemn something with one glance. I realize your trying to protect your boyfriend because you do not wanna have your apocalypse NWO fantasies shattered which is fine. We use the word Church as a joke. Jones uses fear to rake in cash and people like you hand over money to him and idolize him like a baffoon without questioning his motives. He's the pied piper of the Truther movement and you'd follow him over a cliff because you're to busy idolizing to research and question. This is just my perspective and if you actually read the article. I was simply asking a question which is what I thought seeking the truth is about.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Pinceton University

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReverendPritchett
Jude you might wanna do more research before you run your blow hole about what Mabus is. No one knows what Mabus means. Also you saw a Nick Redfern interview from the radio show which was about a government think tank that did a comparison to UFOs and End Times Prophecies from Belief Systems to see if it was indeed correct. As for converts we have many listeners world wide already. I make no money at my website and have had one 13 dollar donation this year. So before you speculate and assume get your facts strait. Evidence is pretty clear when it comes to Alex Jones and supposedly the owner of the store maybe on a radio show soon to talk about Jones buying the product. So research before you condemn something with one glance. I realize your trying to protect your boyfriend because you do not wanna have your apocalypse NWO fantasies shattered which is fine. We use the word Church as a joke. Jones uses fear to rake in cash and people like you hand over money to him and idolize him like a baffoon without questioning his motives. He's the pied piper of the Truther movement and you'd follow him over a cliff because you're to busy idolizing to research and question. This is just my perspective and if you actually read the article. I was simply asking a question which is what I thought seeking the truth is about.

Thats your problem..... you use church as a joke, and believe there is a star chamber with Capt Kirk running the U.S.S. NWO. THERE IS NO "END TIMES" you make your own future. Try going about life for 1 month no TV and no internet do you still have a life? If you do not then you have made an err in living.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I wasn't going to buy potassium iodide last Saturday because I thought people were over-reacting.

By Tuesday, when it appeared that almost all of the KI in the U.S. had sold out, I was upset with myself. Yes, people were panic buying, but it wasn't just the standard nuts on ATS, it was EVERYONE!

I'd rather be prepared, than get cancer, so I gave Alex Jones $39.99 plus shipping. I think it is a reasonable price considering it is enough KI for 200 adult doses (at 130 mg, NOT mcg a day).

edit on 19-3-2011 by BattleStarGal because: Added info

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
If Potassium Iodide was a commodity I would short it at these price levels (and buy it back sharply lower in a few weeks or so).

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BattleStarGal

edit on 19-3-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Analyze76
reply to post by Essan

Pinceton University

I'd ike to see the actual paper in which it was reported tha 1,000,000 people around the world died as a direct consequence of the Chermobyl accident.

As an aside, radioactive iodide has a half life of 8 days - taking KI is only effective if you are close to the source of radiation.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
He is Ripping People Off Thru Fear Mongering already 10 years

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Don't forget that they've had to buy the KI off the guy in order to sell it on InfoWars - so the guy's already got the twenty bucks or whatever per unit for ALL his supply, as opposed to X amount of units he could sell himself. And, as mentioned on the broadcast, the guy's infrastructure was designed for a level of demand lower than the current one - so they were taking the KI to distribute through InfoWars' more-suited set-up. Sure, they could have lent a hand to the original supplier, but then unless AJ's staff are working for free to sort those orders, the price would HAVE to rise above twenty bucks to pay for 'services rendered' etc.

Now, is a profit being made by selling for $40? I've not heard AJ say there isn't, and the amount of times I've heard that regarding their gold deals via [forget the names, but AJ listeners will know what I mean], it leads me to believe that we'd be hearing about it being non-profit if it was. And hell, there are FAR worse profiteers out on Amazon atm with this stuff...

NOTE: While I am an AJ listener, I'm not having rad-paranoia (not just because I'm in the UK) so I don't have a 'side' in this for me to be supporting in the above. I just thought it needed mentioning for the sake of fairness and balance.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ReverendPritchett

Hi

First time poster here. Been reading for a long time.

In my opinion, Alex Jones is no con man. I've heard a few people even say he's part of the system. Nonsense. Listen to the show, look at Infowars.com. They tackle real issues that you don't hear anywhere else. You all know that. And with regards to the price of the pills, it might be worth remembering that their show and website etc need funding so they can continue to report on real issues that we will not hear in the mainstream media.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Excuse me? No one is PROVEN to have died here in the UK from radioactive factors, but significant numbers of livestock had to be excecuted and disposed of to prevent contamination of the food chain. This was because there was concern that radioactive elements dispersed over Wales, might end up concentrated in the bodies of sheep , and cows and so on, who had been grazing over the affected area, and likely consumed contaminated grass, thus making thier meat contaminated also.
Fact is some people are more prone to cancers and so on, than others, and although no links have ever been proven between any death in Wales, and the Chrenobyl incident, does not mean that no deaths occured as a result of it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I'm not surprised in the least that Alex Jones would do something like this. I'm only surprised he didn't do something like this before his "Operation Y2K Scare the pants off of everyone" show, like buying bottled water, canned food, batteries, first aid kits, and flashlights; throwing them together in a 'package', then selling them for a major profit. I don't care if you are the biggest bestest Alex Jones fanboy, when you hear his broadcast from new years eve 1999-2000, there is no denying he was deliberately scaring the # out of people, probably hoping they would do something stupid. If a large percentage of the country started going ape-# crazy, shooting at water towers like "War of the Worlds" style, what do you think the Government would have done? Talk about Martial Law. And who would've been behind it all? Your savior: Alex Jones

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReverendPritchett

Is Alex Jones Ripping People Off Thru Fear Mongering with Potassium Iodide?

Check out the full article with more information at:

www.examiner.com...

This morning I woke up to some small buzz that is growing about Alex Jones buying Potassium Iodide from a seller for 20 bucks a pop with free shipping and then selling it for 40 bucks a pop with shipping at his website. Of course this follows his recent shows and media onslaught of talking about Radiation coming to the states from the Japan Nuclear Reactor incident on his show and website Infowars. So the question is this is Alex Jones making extra bucks off the suffering of the Japanese people?
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-3-2011 by ReverendPritchett because: Didn't seem like the link was showing up correctly on my end.

' Its a sucker born every minute'
'its like taking candy from a baby'
Thats what they say to each other behind closed doors...its so funny.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join