It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TAG Unveils New Composite UAV Helicopters To Military Audience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This new composite helicopter is a small remote controlled helicopter it has a new completely composite airframe which is a first for VTOL UAVs and it is equipped with high resolution cameras in the nose. This would be a dream come true for commanders in the field and in urban combat how would you like to have this thing and make it fly right up to a window in the city to see what is inside.

The new helicopters are unique in their construction and design with a completely composite airframe which is a first for VTOL UAVs. The composite structure accounts for the extremely light weight and strength of the aircraft and allows for a very significant advancement in performance, payload and endurance for UAV helicopters.

The TAG-M65 and TAG-M80 now provide the military community a new class of UAV warfare capability. The greatly enhanced capacity of these helicopters accord the successful implementation of much larger and more useful payloads for their battlefield and patrol requirements.

TAG UAV

[edit on 22-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Any stats on the size of this thing it looks pretty small but its hard to tell. Could come in very handy in a urban enviroment for looking around the next block our into windows like you said. I noticed the desert camo on this thing I wonder were there planning to send this thing

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
pretty smart.
yeah shadow your right about the urban thing, also it gives the guys something to play with when there off duty.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I've been trying to find more pictures on this little UAV Helo, but all I have found so far is the same picture but bigger.

Very Large Resolution UAV Helo

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

With available load capacities of up to 20kg (44 lbs) and endurance of up to 8 hours these aircraft can perform remote or autonomous missions of nearly 800 km (500 miles) carrying surveillance, communications, sensory, jamming or dozens of other payload categories.

According to these stats i found it doesn't look like it is that small after all it may be a couple of feet long since it is able to carry 44 pounds and electronic equipment and it has a 500mile range so it cant be that small it has to carry a significance amount of oil.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
wow, 1400 post in about a month, that has to be a record.

Do you have a link for this? I have RC chopers, both gas and electric. Did it say if it was gas or not?

[edit on 21-7-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
SO WHAT'S YOUR POINT ??

1400 POSTS IN A MONTH...

so what, his posts do contain subject matter pertaining to the topic at hand and they're not one liners and no that's not a direct slam at you......

I'm just noticing a trend..... chill out man... let's make good discussions and get along here.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
SO WHAT'S YOUR POINT ??

1400 POSTS IN A MONTH...

so what, his posts do contain subject matter pertaining to the topic at hand and they're not one liners and no that's not a direct slam at you......

I'm just noticing a trend..... chill out man... let's make good discussions and get along here.

1400 post in a month does seem like alot..... Most of his post are lines from some unknowen source. he dont even give any of his own taught in to it. I would like a link to this, not just a pic in a link.

The last person to make that many post was dream rebel and he was coping.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Do you not see a link that says TAG UAV!
all the info is from there
and read the link I have added my personal thought and ways it could be used also it did not say if it was gas or electric but it said it had a 500mil range I am guessing an electric motor could not withstand those distances.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
and read the link I have added my personal thought and ways it could be used also it did not say if it was gas or electric but it said it had a 500mil range I am guessing an electric motor could not withstand those distances.

ALL THAT IS, IS A PICTURE OF THE CHOPPER!

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Yes, I would agree this guy is just pointwhoring. Most of his posts are copied straight off of news/military websites, and he never as anything constructive to add. But, by replying, we are just feeding this pointwhore...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Originally posted by WestPoint23

ALL THAT IS, IS A PICTURE OF THE CHOPPER!

Ahh...thank you for pointing that out my mistake the link is now fixed and you can read all you want here is the link fixed enjoy!

TAG UAV

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Do you have a link for this? I have RC chopers, both gas and electric. Did it say if it was gas or not?

Ive never flown RC choppers before but have heard they are some of the hardest RC things to operate without crashing. Is this true SpittinCobra?
I have seen some cool footage of a RC chopper on TV where a guy was doing a stunt called cutting the grass were he flipped the choper upside down and was really cutting grass with the blade we was doing stunts that I have never seen any manned choper do really quite amazing.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This is true.. They are the hardest things to control. Easy to get in the air, flying is a diffrent story. There are anywhere from 4 to 7 controls that have to be used. I advise anyone wanting to learn how to fly, get the computer simulator. much easier to learn, and you dont break anything on impact.

Cutting to grass, and inverted flight, its a very cool thing. To be flying upside down inches from the ground. To land upside down on the roof is very cool also.

[edit on 22-7-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
http/www.taticalaerospacegroup.com/

This company is not normally mentioned in the UAV industry because they deal in covert operations for our government.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I have watched the web site video on this, I still cant tell the power plant....

It sounds like it should be some type of fuel, My choppers leave a white cloud of smoke, its the nitomeathane and oil mix. There is no sign of any kind of smoke trail.

It could be elecrtric it seems to loud, it is possibal to get the "power" they talk about in a electric powerplant. Brushless motors can get alot of turns, just have to add more volts. I assume this chopper is 3 1/2 feet over all length. I noticed the landing gear is extra tall for some reason. I would like to see it with the top off.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
found a pic that shows the the size of the landing skids they are huge

If you look at the TAG poster behind it I think it shows why they are so huge. It appears to me it needs that much room for the camera system F.L.I.R im thinking because its so big.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Yeah once they put the camera equipment on it looks normal again like my pic its landing skies look a lot shorten once the camera is on it but without it on it look so funny to me

new topics

top topics

join