It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jet stream - mega storm forms in the Pacific.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Audio: "...It's gonna spiiinn... MAY come down over here"

LOL.

This guy doesn't sound like he knows much about weather patterns. Is there a reason I should trust his analysis?

What makes this a 'mega-storm'? By what precedent? Do storms patterns often form in that area having a similar size?

Questions.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Argh. First megaquakes, now megastorms. I'm beginning to feel like the Earth is pissed.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Well at a glance it's 3000 by 1000 miles in size. I'd say that is big.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
this needs an ungodly amount of attention right now. to anyone who deoesnt believe governments can affect weather. if you actually watch the video he is scared, but he understood that what he was seeing was a once in a generation storm, and not just one, but a smaller one hitting cali soon. imagine. this "hurricane" (it is rlly) will dissipate as it hits land but will have dumped the very high levels of radiation (they didnt give you an exact number for) and using the super concentrated eye sucking said radiation to sea to be deposited in one location rather than everywhere at once.

this needs to be shown to any haarp denier. they may not cause quakes, but i believe something does, a third party, if i may. this third party has no country of origin, so has nowhere it needs to defend and can be a cancer that converts its host as it spreads. this is too powerful of a storm to be natural.

so, it was haarp finally stepping in to save us (with plausible deniability later) or the radiation is so high that this will be the first radioactive storm to hit in the history of the planet.

either way, this needs attention, this needs it before it can be buried by the current instability worldwide. someone with this tech and no home country can hold the world for ransom. hasnt it always seemed we are prisoners paying off a ransom that will never stop growing?

we are. wake up, we need to help the gov acknowledge that we know they have this tech without them having to tell us. that would prompt a fukushima type chain of "coincidences"

strange how china and russia moved from the dollar, this happens, and china announces free trade. there are too many people paying attention to one small part of whats going on, and will never see the whole picture, but there are so many connections that i now believe we are centuries advanced the tech we are allowed to see..

thats the scary part. we can now eat ourselves and not leave a fallout. this is worse than the soviet cold war by far, but still just as cold

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
well i just watched satellite from environment canada and it seems to be dissipating. it's losing a lot of it's energy on russia, it all depends on whether the core keeps rotating over the pacific or makes landfall. something is sheering it from alaska as well so it's a non-factor.

www.weatheroffice.gc.ca...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

but possible evidence haarp could (or was) used to help cover up the true scope of the radiation conveniently about to hit us

i mean, think. if they want to use it to get rid of the radiation they would have to admit #1 thar its there #2 that it needed response, and #3 would have to have weather weapons.

well we know about the weapons, and i dont believe we were going to be hit with a small amount at all.
they just knew something we didnt
edit on 19-3-2011 by GenerationXisMarching because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
could it be this?
news.xinhuanet.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by xaphoocom
could it be this?
news.xinhuanet.com...

Crap! Didn't see that.

Well, that makes it all better now doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
get a grip, guys.

context: www.insideedition.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
get a grip, guys.

context: www.insideedition.com...

And your point would be?

Sorry but 4 words and a link to an Entertainment News source doesn't say what your thought is.

IMO

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The article is from two months ago, making the same vague predictions for 'some time'. Context.

Also, I notice no one has been able to tell me why I should trust the analysis in the video from a guy who clearly hasn't the slightest knowledge of meteorology. Can you tell me? His anaysis in the video literally made me laugh. OR LOL, as you kids say.

We don't know what he is showing is a 'storm'. We know it's clouds. Clouds are not storms, nor are they un-common. We'll see in a day or so, though. Will you admit to being completely wrong if it's just a little bit of rain?
edit on 19-3-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Hard to say as the next vid on this thread was the same guy showing the storm splitting and maybe getting weaker.

I think in this day and age, we have all seen enough weather images to be able to see for ourselves what storms look like. The vid clearly shows a storm. No doubt. What will it look like when it travels further? Who knows?

This post wasn't meant to debate whether not their is a storm over the Pacific as it has now been confirmed. But to allow people to come to their own conclusions about it carrying radiation and what it might mean to them in their locations.

Thank you for your input.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

I think in this day and age, we have all seen enough weather images to be able to see for ourselves what storms look like. The vid clearly shows a storm. No doubt.

No, it shows clouds. It doesn't show precipitation IN those clouds.

This post wasn't meant to debate whether not their is a storm over the Pacific as it has now been confirmed. But to allow people to come to their own conclusions about it carrying radiation and what it might mean to them in their locations.

I see. So the thread has gone from claiming this is a 'mega storm' that is going to pummel the coast, to claiming it's a big front carry radiation. Interesting way to save yourself the embarrassment of no massive storm arriving tomorrow, as was previously implied. and as the video quite explicitly claims.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
could this be the storm that was talked about here: news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by andrew778

There have been a few references to that on here but to be quite honest, who knows? It does look like a lot of scientists are warning about it tho. No idea if it's this system.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Geeze, people!!

Those are clouds. See them just about every day, all over the world. Such fear mongering, over nothing.

Here, can't find the date on this, but a nice view of the Pacific Ocean from a satellite:

Source

HERE is what a real storm looks like, once it forms, and gets some rotation going:

Here's a story about a typhoon from 2008!!:

www.typhoonfury.com...

Folks....HAARP can NOT affect the weather!! It is a facility that energizes and thus affects the ionosphere....and the ionosphere has no affect on weather....since all weather forms and expends its energy in the troposphere. It is about long-range communications techniques. Both to utilize, and to also (for strategic reasons) disrupt, if that is the goal.

Really....this is such basic science, why is it that people will listen to the "pseudo"-science junk and not bother to actually learn facts?
edit on 19 March 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Really....this is such basic science, why is it that people will listen to the "pseudo"-science junk and not bother to actually learn facts?

I suspect it is because they live typical boring Western lives that have little excitement, mixed with heavy doses of Alex Jones-esque sensationalism, and the total erosion of our public school systems' ability to teach basic science in favor of sports and entertainment.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

How funny is THAT? Four words and a link to inside edition. Very funny incredulous.

Classic.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob

How funny is THAT? Four words and a link to inside edition. Very funny incredulous.

Classic.

The link was an example of the kind of hype surrounding this non-event. There is no super-storm sitting off the west coast of N. America. None. It's a video of some guy with ZERO knowledge of meteorology looking at CLOUDS!

IF it required more words to say, I would use more. But it doesn't. Not a hoax, just ignorance on display. You fail at critical thought.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

That storm look to be an extra boring storm with a little bit of radioactivity. I live in Southern California and it is going to rain all night with lots of winds. I find rainstorms with no lightning to be boring,

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join