It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greater Glasgow tap water warning over aluminium

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk

About 50,000 people living in parts of greater Glasgow and Stirling have been advised not to drink tap water because of high aluminium levels.

Scottish Water said it had detected "higher than expected levels" in water analysed at a treatment works.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Affected areas are parts of Stirlingshire, East and West Dumbartonshire and North West Glasgow.

Scottish Water have vans in the affected areas broadcasting information about the situation.

Tap water should not be used for drinking, cooking, brushing teeth, making babies feed or given to pets. They also advise not to use drink vending machines as they may be hooked up to a mains water supply.

The source of this aluminium hasn't been mentioned and I don't have much input at this time as its just breaking but i'll update as more news comes in.

www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Could be a good find there. iI'm gunna have to watch and see what happens with this. Thanks for the info.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Just read this myself does not mention the source but I can say chemtrails will get blamed at least once lol

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
im in cumbernauld so near stirling.....hmmmm i drink tap water like its going out of fashion, i know my area hasnt been affected but imma stay away from it just in case....thanks for the heads up

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

I'm not far from you and I drink loads of tap water too, have to admit its a bit close for comfort.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Is your tap water fluoridated in Scotland???
Wonder what the cause is?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cazzy2211

www.bbc.co.uk

About 50,000 people living in parts of greater Glasgow and Stirling have been advised not to drink tap water because of high aluminium levels.

Scottish Water said it had detected "higher than expected levels" in water analysed at a treatment works.

You guys need to stay on top of this one ! I don't know if they add Fluoride (Toxic) to your supply but maybe they are dosing the water with a form of Aluminium Fluoride ? Cannot understand why there would be any Aluminium in your water at all!! as I understand Scottish water is some of the best on the planet....

Stay safe guys, find out what is being dumped in your water .....

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzscapez

No, our water isn't fluoridated.

Hopefully never will be.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by highseer

Cannot understand why there would be any Aluminium in your water at all!!

According to Scottish Water ...

Some aluminium does occur naturally in water, however in some areas aluminium may be present in minute quantities where it has been used as part of a treatment process to clarify and cleanse the water. The regulation level is set at 200 micrograms per litre.

So it could be they added too much aluminium at the treatment plant rather than contamination from an outside source.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
they are spiking the tap water with heavy metals,ive seen it, silver particles all over my skin after baths.
its all to dumb down humans.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cazzy2211

You should check out this site if you are seriously interested in finding out what is in your water - www.dwi.gov.uk...
That is the link for the drinking water inspectorate - independent body - with reports of actual water contaminations and other reports.

For example if you visit the link and click on the pdf for -
Year 2010
The Water Supply (Water Quality) Regulations 2010 (Wales) (PDF 251KB)

( second one down ) & open it go to page 31 titled
www.dwi.gov.uk...

PRESCRIBED CONCENTRATIONS AND VALUES
Regulations 2 and 4
Table A
Microbiological Parameters

You will see tables of information for what can be expected to be found in your water some of these include, and are not limited to, the tables will also show the values, ( i would get a picture but im having trouble sorting it at the moment )

Acrylamide
Antimony
Arsenic
Benzene
Benzo(a)pyrene
Boron
Bromate
Cadmium
Chromium
Copper (ii)
Cyanide

Sulphate (i)
Total indicative dose (for radioactivity) (ii)
Total organic carbon (TOC)
Tritium (for radioactivity)
Turbidity

NTU
Treatment works
Notes:
(i)
The water should not be aggressive.
(ii)
Excluding tritium, potassium-40, radon and radon decay products.
*May be monitored from samples of water leaving treatment works or other supply point, as no
significant change during distribution.

Its pretty hard for me to get a image of the pdf up but please check out the link it has tons of information, the example i gave is for Wales but there are reports for all around the country on here from the 2010.( UK )

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HeresHowItGoes

Don't "they" use the same water though?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

Thank you so much for that link, I'll definately have a look at that.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cazzy2211
reply to post by HeresHowItGoes

Don't "they" use the same water though?

no " They " have private water suppliers

In general terms a private water supply is any water supply which is not provided by a water company. It is not a "mains" supply. About 1% of the population of England and Wales have private water supplies to their homes. Most private supplies are situated in the more remote, rural parts of the country. The source of the supply may be a well, borehole, spring, stream, river, lake or pond. The supply may serve just one property or several properties through a network of pipes.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Thought i would add this also anybody can make these videos there is a link here on Ats for anybody interested - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is one i made for water...

Sorry for the cheesy music but there is not much choice

edit on 18-3-2011 by johngtr because: bad vid

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I'm no expert on this but I would think drinking
to much aluminium water would make one
kind of dee dee dee....

Also could cause Alzheimer's.

Be careful you UK'ERS I don't think you can boil out aluminum either....

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

I do know lots of properties have a private well/water supply, my neice is one of them. I was thinking more along the lines of the restaurants they visit, the schools their kids go to, the friend houses they visit etc

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cazzy2211

i dont know, maybe they only drink bottled spring water ? i see your point though maybe we read too much into it, or maybe i am just totally wrong, but then again we might be right? that's the scary thought.

Peace

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Sorry if someone else pointed this out, I skimmed but couldn't see anything. Aluminium is one of the substances that it is alleged are used in chem trails. I'm pretty sure the other was barium. But mostly aluminium.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join