It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yemeni Forces Kill Anti-Government Activists 30 dead hundreds injured.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The situation in the middle east is just getting even worse ( if that is possible) Now with the UNs hands full with Libya Yemeni forces are using live rounds to disperse protesters hoping to oust their leaders in a Libyan inspired revolution. news.sky.com... e/201103315955150?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_4&lid=ARTICLE_15955150_Yemen_Protesters_Shot_Dead_During_Demonstrations_Against_Government_Of_Presid ent_Ali_Abdullah_Saleh

Yemeni security forces and government loyalists have opened fire on anti-government demonstrators in the capital Sanaa, leaving at least 30 people dead.Yemeni Forces Kill Anti-Government Activists

o Share
* Comments (3)

3:24pm UK, Friday March 18, 2011

David Connolly, Sky News Online
Yemeni security forces and government loyalists have opened fire on anti-government demonstrators in the capital Sanaa, leaving at least 30 people dead.

Dozens more people were wounded as shots rang out from rooftops around one of the city's main squares.

The violence broke out after security forces tried to prevent protesters outside Sanaa university from marching following Friday prayers, witnesses and medical officials said.

Thousands also rallied Friday in the cities of Taiz and Adan, their protests inspired by the unrest across the Arab world that toppled rulers in Egypt and Tunisia.

Demonstrators have camped out in squares across Yemen for over a month to demand that President Ali Abdullah Saleh leave office.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Yemen declares 'state of emergency english.aljazeera.net...

Ali Abdullah Saleh, the Yemeni president, has declared a nationwide state of emergency, after a violent crackdown on anti-government protests killed at least 41 people, and left scores more wounded, in the capital Sanaa.

Saleh said on Friday that the decision to impose the state of emergency was made by the country's national security council, but there was no immediate indication of how long it would last.

The Reuters news agency reported Saleh as saying that it was clear that there were "armed elements" amongst anti-government protesters, and that the clashes earlier in the day were between citizens and protesters, not protesters and security forces.

At least 41 people were killed and scores wounded after the Yemeni security forces opened fire on protesters at University square, in the capital Sanaa.

Security forces opened fire in attempts to prevent protesters from marching out of the square where they were gathered, sources said. Medical sources said the death toll was likely to rise.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This has to be orchestrated...no way all of these countries go berserk nearly simultaneously

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Like I posted in the other thread before I knoew this one existed,

One step closer to the Caliphate. Scary. We're in for some "interesting" times and I fear our current gov't doesn't even grasp what's really going on with all this.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
This has to be orchestrated...no way all of these countries go berserk nearly simultaneously

Its happened before enough times in the past 200 years, that its a phenomena called a "revolutionary wave" and seems to have something to do with the memetics. There are even weirder theories involving Jung's collective unconsious which try to explain the phenomena.

If you think thats strange, try investigating mass psychogenic illnesses like the dancing manias or laughing epidemics. Some real bizarre stuff.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

As an expert analyst, what is your analysis of a Caliphate?

What exactly would be bad about it and why?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Yea , I saw that earlier , and my first thought was why is there not a 'no-fly' zone being implemented against that country ?

I mean , after all , the US , UK , France , UN ... are all saying that the no-fly zone for Libya is to attempt to "save the people" from the evil Libyan dictator ...

And yet , here is Yemen , outright killing it's own citizens and the most I am seeing thus far are some harsh comments .

Politicians and governments are nothing but a bunch of lying bastards . They've wanted rid of Gaddafi for years now , and these 'staged' revolutions happening in that part of the world are only another part of their pre-planned agenda .

It surprises me that there aren't numerous threads on ATS pointing this out . It really does .

The majority of ATS is cheering 'the people' for finally standing up and revolting against TPTB , and I've not seen anyone other than myself who thinks it might be TPTB that are actually behind all of these FAKE , CIA-sponsored "revolutions" of the people .

I'll say it again , these uprisings are being orchestrated behind the scenes , and it aint the "people" who are bringing all of this about .

The "people" are playing right into the plan , and don't even have a clue that they are being used to further the agenda .

C'mon ATS , wake up .

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

As an expert analyst, what is your analysis of a Caliphate?

What exactly would be bad about it and why?

Never claimed to be an expert analyst, but if you need to be spoonfed information start here:

Caliphate (reestablishment of)

and scroll down to the part about the re-establishment of the Caliphate since the 1920s. The other stuff is very informative as well from an historical standpoint and as a means to guage possible future outcomes of such a system being re-instituted.

If you require more information, try looking stuff up for yourself and put a muzzle on the snarkiness.

It's annoying to have to try to carry on an educated conversation while bringing the slower members up to speed.

It's your responsibility to educate yourself if you're interested in a topic. Google is a wonderful tool for knowledge. As are libraries, classes, symposia, etc...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I was making a joke based on your MOS.

On a more serious note, I havn't seen why a Caliphate, if it was moderate, would be bad. The key is making sure it doesn't turn out like the Ayatollahs in Iran.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
There will be a major fire in yemen near a mosque...it will drive out people..

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ReRun

One day we're cheering on protesters of these oppressive countries, and the next day we're screaming about how the U.S. or the rest of the world orchestrated these events in order to get rid of the current government in that particular country. What can we do and who can we talk to that might tell us what is really going on? I'd like to hear from the Libyan population, and I'd like to know what they want to do with their country. This constant back-and-forth between revolution and conspiracy is maddening.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

I was making a joke based on your MOS.

On a more serious note, I havn't seen why a Caliphate, if it was moderate, would be bad. The key is making sure it doesn't turn out like the Ayatollahs in Iran.

My bad. Sorry. It's just with the constant calls for "links!" "Source!!" etc... from those to lazy to edumacate themselves, I got defensive.

And, you're right. Nothing wrong with it per se. I just don't see the likelihood of it being "moderate" making it above a 30% chance at best... Especially with our current administration ham handing everything.

No hard feelings?

new topics

top topics

join