It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy children's cartoon banned from TV.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

Excellent post, and kudos for being honest to your children.

I find myself constantly amused by people and the fact that everyone feels it is necessary to lie to children to "protect them." Children are lied to about sex, drugs, death, philosophy, morality, and mostly...reality itself. You have to wonder about the arrogance of some humans, if reality does not agree with their beliefs, they try to cover it up and sugar coat it.

Children should not be lied to, in fact, I would probably let my children watch this video. I am even considering buying the movie to watch the whole thing. A child should be allowed to explore reality, we don't need to hide them from it; but many adults feel that we should, and you can tell that such an attitude stems from their own insecurities.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

True...kid's mental capacity is underrated for the sake of insecure parents wanting to control and manage their lifes. My father used to let me watch horrorflicks with him and if it got scary he'd explain to me that it's all rubbermasks and syrup they're using. Kids should be introduced to reality at some point, otherwise they'll grow up to be morons.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

I like the video OP, and I don't find it creepy, its simply just philosophy.

The Devil character tells the children that he has no use for concepts such as "right" and "wrong" because he does not know what they are.

Its just a matter of duality, like: when beauty is discovered, all things hideous are created.

And beauty is in the eye of the beholder. No matter what your perception of beauty is, there will bound to be something that strikes you as hideous; but they are both the same thing. Your perception of one created the other.

You would never know that darkness exists if you had never experienced light.

Concepts of right and wrong work the same way.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
reply to post by dalan.

True...kid's mental capacity is underrated for the sake of insecure parents wanting to control and manage their lifes. My father used to let me watch horrorflicks with him and if it got scary he'd explain to me that it's all rubbermasks and syrup they're using. Kids should be introduced to reality at some point, otherwise they'll grow up to be morons.

Precisely, and being "exposed to violent media" I'm sure, did not turn you into a killer. I love to listen to people complain about violence in entertainment and how bad its gotten. They use it as an example of how corrupted society has become, but their entire perspective is horribly flawed and simplistic. Its not an indicator of how "corrupted" we've become, it actually shows progress towards us being more civilized.

Our violent entertainment consists of actors playing parts from scripts, and computer generated pixels. I believe I recall reading about a time in our past when human beings would take their entire families to watch human beings battle to the death against other people, or even animals.

Or how about when the whole town would gather to witness the weekly execution that everyone was looking forward to seeing?

I think that if people did a bit more reading, and a lot less reacting, they would realize that everything is not as terrible and dangerous as they make it out to be.

edit on 3/19/2011 by dalan. because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

That's the problem with idealists...If nothing is ugly, than nothing is pretty. All they're really doing is protecting themselves from anything that is " ugly, unpleasant, " needs fixing...which is very selfish and actually perpetuates and accumulates problems.
It's kind of a warped unhealthy outlook on life and brings progression to a screeching halt. So I agree with you...if you channel your agression into computer games and art ( music ) whatever no harm is done. As opposed to religious ppl who suppress all that stuff and ironically are always the first to want to attack somebody.

edit on 19-3-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
regarding the Mysterious Stranger by Mark Twain. I read it a long time ago. I understand why people feel this way but it is not the real truth and it is very poisonous to the mind. It puts you in a place with no hope and nothing to believe in. Mark Twain was very bitter about losing his wirfe and daughters. It's sad to see this as many people will accept it and it leads to a very bad mental state. 1. I think that thecreator has a lot more patience than that and loves us in spite of our faults. 2 Look at the book of Job. When the roof fell on Job's children etc, and all the other disasters who did it? Satan caused it ot look like God did it. That's what Job's 3 false comforters also told him. James also said that "with evil things cannot be tried nor does he try anyone". I think this is very important to understand now in view of the terrible catastrophe in Japan and te fact that there may be many more like it with increasing earthquakes.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
reply to post by Hawking

Sorry dude... It's a fact that everything from music, to TV, to food, to education is 100% crappier compared to the 80's for instance. I mean just look around. In the 80's we had true metal (anthrax, exodus, metallica, sh** I can name you gigatons of excellent bands, we had true pop (with actual meaning other than t*ts and a$$), we had good rap & hip hop (with actual creativity put into lyrics and beats, and not just talking about how much money and chicks I get to f***, and without the electronic voice that hides mistakes), TV was way better ( I don't need to name you all the awesome and original series and movies that came out in the 80's ( nowadays you are lucky if you get 2 original movies in 2 years, everything is either crap or freakin' remakes), education was way better in the 80's ( people were much less rude and respected diversity, hell diversity is what the 80's was all about!) There was no genre that dominated the mainstream back in the days man... and dude I don't even want to get started on the food man... it was just so awesome bro!

I'm 20 years old and I feel like I'm going freaking mad, man... I wish I had a time machine... First place I'm going is Seattle 89.

I think your off there a little bro by about 1986 or 87 is when things started changing and more people become rude cold ect ect, i hope at some point we evolve and become better humans and respect and love each other more if anything look to the past, you might be going to Seattle 89 i'm going to Buffalo 72...

As far as the cartoon gos i'v seen it posted here before, it is strange but as a parent it's up to you if you think your kid can handle it or it's meaning or just don't want them watching it at all...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
reply to post by Hawking

Sorry dude... It's a fact that everything from music, to TV, to food, to education is 100% crappier compared to the 80's for instance. I mean just look around. In the 80's we had true metal (anthrax, exodus, metallica, sh** I can name you gigatons of excellent bands, we had true pop (with actual meaning other than t*ts and a$$), we had good rap & hip hop (with actual creativity put into lyrics and beats, and not just talking about how much money and chicks I get to f***, and without the electronic voice that hides mistakes), TV was way better ( I don't need to name you all the awesome and original series and movies that came out in the 80's ( nowadays you are lucky if you get 2 original movies in 2 years, everything is either crap or freakin' remakes), education was way better in the 80's ( people were much less rude and respected diversity, hell diversity is what the 80's was all about!) There was no genre that dominated the mainstream back in the days man... and dude I don't even want to get started on the food man... it was just so awesome bro!

I'm 20 years old and I feel like I'm going freaking mad, man... I wish I had a time machine... First place I'm going is Seattle 89.

Rap music from the 80s had nothing on the 90s or nothing on current rap.

The problem when looking back is people only look at the good, and contrast it with the majority bad of today. But most people around in the 80s know different, I assure you. These things have always been for the most part crap. Even rock music was crap in the 80s. But we look back at only the best bands, so have a naive view.

All the best rappers today take a massive dump on the best rappers of the 80s.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
OP i'm not understanding why you repeatedly mention this animation as being for children. i've watched cartoons all my life, i'm old, i feel a large percentage of broadcast cartoons are not for or aimed at children.

there are huge bodies of cartooning i don't watch by preference, mostly Asian. some of it runs quite adult, but those particular titles were not created for the little ones, either.

please do check out the animation work that Frank Zappa was associated with. it is eye candy of the highest order.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

isn't it amazing how so much can come down to so little?

"..there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.." - William Shakespeare

coming to terms with challenges in my life was so much easier after I understood this quote.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I have nothing really interesting to add. Just that I remember watching this film as a child and really being mesmerized by the depth of the story. Mark Twain was a great author and it was his own theme to question sin, death, and Satan ... whatever those are. It is fabulous.

Personally, I appreciated film making like this as a 10 year old.

The Adventures of Mark Twain 1985

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
OP i'm not understanding why you repeatedly mention this animation as being for children. i've watched cartoons all my life, i'm old, i feel a large percentage of broadcast cartoons are not for or aimed at children.

there are huge bodies of cartooning i don't watch by preference, mostly Asian. some of it runs quite adult, but those particular titles were not created for the little ones, either.

please do check out the animation work that Frank Zappa was associated with. it is eye candy of the highest order.

Because the title of the linked video is "very creepy, disturbing children's cartoon, banned from TV" .. And for the most part.. what I have NOW seen on it.. It appears to be nothing more then a claymation, re-telling of the works by Mark Twain..

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

All the best rappers today take a massive dump on the best rappers of the 80s.

I damn near fell out of my chair when I read this because it couldnt have come from anyone who knows anything about hip hop and its golden and silver ages. Rakim, Slick Rick, Biz Marke, MC Lyte, Chubb Rock, Run DMC, Public Enemy, Kool Moe D, De la Soul, Schooly D (who many of you may know from ATHF), Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, Whodini, Big Daddy Kane, KRS-One, Doug E Fresh, Beastie Boys, LL Cool J, EPMD and NWA....are ALL 80's rappers who would take a big steamer on most of todays rappers. The Golden age of rap was between 88-94..from there you went to silver and ...regretfully...garbage green.
edit on 19-3-2011 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

Oh and 3rd Bass...reppin for white boys with talent long before Eminem
edit on 19-3-2011 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Could certain narcotics perhaps be a large influence on this animation. Just a suggestion. Some of the great artist and writers of the world have been influenced while on a drug induced trip.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dwmjr1985

Good point..! It would not surprise me if certain "substances" influenced this cartoon.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join