It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy children's cartoon banned from TV.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by Hawking

What's dark about it?

Any problems there are are either petty and insignificant or they are the same problems every generation has with a different face.

Is it the war(s)? Must be real hard going to the mall everyday. Cant say the last time I saw a ration line or a rooftop garden that grew something that wasnt decorative.

We got kids out collecting aluminum foil for the "cause"? We got entire graduating classes dying face down in French dirt?

The only troubles I see affecting the youth are petty social dramas and the occasional suffering due to a temporary lack of instant gratification.

They're soft and stupid. The mere fact that they have time to be worried about whatever it is they are worried about is proof enough. Maybe if they understood half of the gadgets they are addicted to I could agree they arent stupid but 90% of them have no clue about anything technical. All they know is how to post to a forum or make a YouTube video or consume some other hand-holding product or convenience because it's all they could manage.

And while some build networks, solder chips, write operating systems etc... the majority uses some ready made studio software to cut a segment from a clip before they post and think they're some hot tech genius for doing so. They can make toast but they can't bake bread.
Ya? My dad fixed machines and you know he wouldn't have watched a show like this or allowed us to if mom was around. Deep christian through and through. It's not about whether somebody has it hard or not, it's about their tolerance levels for knowledge outside their comfort zone. This is not something easily gained. Religion can play a big part in it. And then there're those peope who've never touched philosophy before and don't know it when they see it.

If people are producing junk nowadays it's not because they're soft. It would because of: a) religion b) lack of philosophy c) they're too busy doing other things and don't do a good job.

I think iraq and afghanistan and the recession is leaving its mark, though. Undeniable. My opinion is more hardship will actually give people less time to have a diverse understanding of life. I think more death and destruction just leads to more religion and more authoritarianism.
edit on 18-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The Film is called COMET QUEST...It is an amazing, intelligent, funny, thought provoking film by the master of claymation Will Vinton (search his name on youtube for other treats) I have had a copy on VHS for years and it was one of the first I transferred to DVD...I f there is any message in this film its simply...think for your self.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by Hawking

What's dark about it?

Any problems there are are either petty and insignificant or they are the same problems every generation has with a different face.

Is it the war(s)? Must be real hard going to the mall everyday. Cant say the last time I saw a ration line or a rooftop garden that grew something that wasnt decorative.

We got kids out collecting aluminum foil for the "cause"? We got entire graduating classes dying face down in French dirt?

The only troubles I see affecting the youth are petty social dramas and the occasional suffering due to a temporary lack of instant gratification.

They're soft and stupid. The mere fact that they have time to be worried about whatever it is they are worried about is proof enough. Maybe if they understood half of the gadgets they are addicted to I could agree they arent stupid but 90% of them have no clue about anything technical. All they know is how to post to a forum or make a YouTube video or consume some other hand-holding product or convenience because it's all they could manage.

And while some build networks, solder chips, write operating systems etc... the majority uses some ready made studio software to cut a segment from a clip before they post and think they're some hot tech genius for doing so. They can make toast but they can't bake bread.

You're right, the baby boomers were much more tech savvy than today's generations. And they also took responsibility, worked hard and never asked for anything in return. Certainly none of them would have dodged a draft either, that'd be terribly un-American

BTW Soft and stupid? You ever seen footage of Woodstock?

edit on 18-3-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeevar
The Film is called COMET QUEST...It is an amazing, intelligent, funny, thought provoking film by the master of claymation Will Vinton (search his name on youtube for other treats) I have had a copy on VHS for years and it was one of the first I transferred to DVD...I f there is any message in this film its simply...think for your self.

Thanks for the information! As soon as i have a free minute I will look into that!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

I think the difference is that any knowledge we wanted we had to work for it. Now days if you want to know something its all at your fingertips. It wasn't so easy compile information and a lot of it was never found. There has always been the I don't care attitude but you are right we have lost a lot of general respect in todays world.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

The baby boomers are terrible. Every generation gets worse but with them the drop in standards fell astronomically.

Subsequent drops are merely slight by comparison. I could even believe a slight tick up before dipping down again.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

You're right but I think it is simply because the boomers were the first gen to apply "FREE THOUGHT" to action.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Goddamn man! I'm getting an orgasm from all the awesomeness you are writing.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
First, the OP offers no evidence that this was ever "banned from TV" like the headline states. I call hoax, and think the thread should be treated accordingly.

(It's still for sale on Amazon, and nobody's ever pulled it from YouTube, so how banned could it be?)

Secondly, there are numerous other threads on ATS about this same video.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

among others.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
First, the OP offers no evidence that this was ever "banned from TV" like the headline states. I call hoax, and think the thread should be treated accordingly.

(It's still for sale on Amazon, and nobody's ever pulled it from YouTube, so how banned could it be?)

Secondly, there are numerous other threads on ATS about this same video.

among others.

First of all your call for a hoax is baseless, In the way that your logic fails you..Youtube and Amazon are not the television...And By the way the title of the youtube video posted is "very creepy, disturbing children's cartoon, banned from TV"

So this is why I would be lead to believe it was banned from TV..Plus i have never seen this on TV..Have you?

Also I was un-aware of any other threads in existence on the topic.. But please if you have anything else to add THAT IS CONSTRUCTIVE to this thread feel free to do so..

By the way thanks for the links to the other threads..We could continue this discussion in one of those threads is you prefer..
edit on 18-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by warbird03

I agree. If Disney actually followed the original stories they would be a totally different company. No one would be happy when Arial dies. Not to mention the original Brothers Grimm stories. Boy, Mother Goose would never be read to children as bed time stories. But, we must also remember that those were different times and stories were used to help children understand the dangers in the world. ie: "Ring around the rosie(white ring around a red infection) pocket full of posies(posies used to differ the smell) ashes ashes(the burning of bodies) we all fall down(everyone dies)". Or the other three verses of itsy bitsy spider.

Honestly, in many places the world is just as dangerous if not more than it was when many of these came into existence. People now are just more afraid of things and as a result try to ignore and avoid them more instead of dealing with the unknown and unfamiliar.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03
As I said before I can't actually see the videos right now but it sounds like it's based on Mark Twain's unfinished book The Mysterious Stranger. If so then controversy is par for the course when it comes to Mark Twain.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

that is correct. It does come from Mark Twain's unfinished book "The Mysterious Stranger".

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I watched this as a kid never did me know harm and to the OP, One day my plasticine army will get you

ha but seriously yeah is dark, tim burtons is worse, cant remember name

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainbeat
I watched this as a kid never did me know harm and to the OP, One day my plasticine army will get you

ha but seriously yeah is dark, tim burtons is worse, cant remember name

Tim Burton did something similar to this ? I would love to see that, Does anyone know what brainbeat is referring to?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The Nightmare Before Christmas
i googled .. I remember the theme like a more evil grinch

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Originally posted by brainbeat
The Nightmare Before Christmas
i googled .. I remember the theme like a more evil grinch [/quote

The nightmare before x-mas is a good movie..
Your correct it is dark for a x-mas flick, But thats about were the similarities end..The video I posted is dark in a completely different way..

I would not object to let a child watch the nightmare before x-mas, It doesn't come close to touching the dark subject matters that this cartoon go's into..

I did a little research and I have a feeling the message was mistaken for a satanic message..Thus being the reason it was pulled from TV.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Tim Burton is the worst of the worst. I'm not into that Hot Topic emo-gothic-anime-punk stew of crap that is shoved down American's throats.

As for this Mark Twain cartoon - it's definitely creepy in a way, but not negative at all. I'd let my kids watch it if I had any, and let them learn something good.

Shielding your kids from reality is like the final nail in their coffin. Glad I did everything my parents didn't want me to!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Here you go... It's a classic of animation and done very well at that .. Mark Twain was known to be a bit over board i think he would approved this for all free thinkers .....

Here is a link to the internet movie data base for more info on the movie.....

www.imdb.com...

And if your a torrent user here is the whole movie ...
[removed, we do not allow pirated links]

And if you like it buy it here.....

www.amazon.com...

If the links don't work just google it ... There is tons of info.... I don't believe this is banned but i could be wrong....

edit on Sat Mar 19 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed torrent link

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Maybe its because I like to raise thinkers who actually sit and contemplate the nature of reality rather than the future sheep of the world...but I thought this was AWESOME. And I am a mom of several children ranging from 4 to 12. My son was looking over my shoulder as I watched this and became immediately interested. he is the one who is 12. It provided an excellent opportunity to explain the concept of right and wrong and how they are just words that we apply to things based on our perspective....that on the cosmic level there is no such thing....it all just IS. That people are shaking in their boots and wanting to hide it from the children amazes me. My kids and I have discussed causality over pizza, the roots of urban crime while we planted flowers in the yard and yes...my kids know all about things like the holographic nature of reality....the dual nature of man and if you ask my kids what was 9\11 about and they will tell you, False flag attacks by a faction within our own government. Not because I tell them what to think...but because I dont. And we ALL have been following japan. even the more distressing things because they have an honest desire to. I taught them how to quest for knowledge and make their own decisions. My kids know that the world is full of both wonders and horrors and are no worse for it. They are happy, well adjusted and do not subscribe to hive mindedness, group thinking and have had few issues with peer pressure.

Children are born with an infinite capacity for knowledge....they are born with more understanding of life without the burdens of ego than any of us adults. And we ruin it. We ruin it by transferring our own fears and neurosis on to them so that they become afraid of the world. We teach them that unfamiliar things are suspect and anything that does not go along with the social meme must be bad..or worse...EVIL. How dare we do them such a disservice. We teach them not to question because as Carlin said.....we dont want to undermine our own bull#...but it took me too long to shake all the bull# that well meaning adults fostered upon me. So I essentially back engineered my own spiritual and mental progress and began to understand the very things that held me back and, therefore, sought to keep those factors within my own childrens lives at a minimum. Not only that but my kids tell me all the time how much they love our talks, how much they love the subject matter....my son wants to join ATS so bad, lol. They look at the toy commercials and laugh about how anyone could want that crap....they are impossible to influence with religious rhetoric and even my girls are not afraid to stand up for themselves and speak on tyranny be it in the school setting, world affairs or some jackass hogging the road on the highway.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ramble

Just letting you know, I think linking to pirated content is against the rules.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join