It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed Blows Up Japanese Currency

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The NY Fed has confirmed it helped in efforts to weaken the Japanese currency, thereby making the purchase of imported goods more expensive for the Japanese people.

AP reports:

WASHINGTON (AP) — The New York Federal Reserve Bank confirmed that it intervened in currency markets on Friday for the first time in more than a decade.

The disclosure came a day after the Group of Seven major industrialized nations pledged in a statement to join in a coordinated effort to weaken the Japanese yen. The yen has surged in the last week to post-war record levels following the Japanese earthquake and tsunami.

Obviously what the Japanese people need to do now is keep their currency weak so they can continue exporting cheap goods for US consumers.

This action by the Fed is nothing short of genocide.

By weakening the Japanese currency, in total disregard for what the market says is the right thing to do, they have made the cost of purchasing recovery and rebuilding materials massively more expensive for the Japanese population.

The Japanese people need a strong currency in order to be able to purchase imported goods cheaply so they can rebuild all the capital resources that were lost in the tsunami disaster.

The Fed, in coordination with the central bank of Japan, set about destroying the Japanese currency for one reason only – to keep the US bond market propped up.

You see, Japan needs money in order to rebuild. This money SHOULD come by the Japanese selling off all the US treasury bonds that they are holding. This would give them instant cash to buy goods in order to rebuild. However, this same action would further destroy the US dollar.

Of course, our criminal overlords can not let this happen.

In fact just shortly after the disaster, Overlord Geithner went on the record making it clear that no such thing would occur. How did he know it would not occur? Because the central banks had already decided just moments after the disaster that they would blow up the Japanese currency before any possibility of a bond sell off could occur.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
March 25th they said?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Why would they buy the materials themselves, if Haliburton can come rebuild the entire nation?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I shall simply say that the T & C prevent me from venting my wrath at these ______ and their machinations.

I would love to put the whole bunch of _____ ______ in a ship, sail it over the Mariannas Trench and pull the plug sending these _____ to their doom. The world would be a better place if these ______ greedy ______ were disposed of.

I leave you to fill the blanks as you see fit.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I agree that this action hurts the Japanese people. Never give a guy down on his luck a break.

I do disagree that the Japs will be selling treasuries. They are running a deficit of 200% of GDP so if they haven't already sold why would they sell now?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

My God,

The Japanese people should be in all our thoughts, this is the very last thing they need right now with an economy and infrastructure that has all but completely collapsed in the past week.

The US and every other country should be extending aid right now, not conspiring to make their money worthless.

Absolutely despicable.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I'm with ya Puter, I'm with ya.

I can definitely say I saw this act coming, though. The Fed had to do something to get the cash flow in a better position, and they'll bite no bones about sacrificing anyone to do it.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I am not understanding something here, why on earth would they admit to doing this?!?!?

I mean, I understand WHY they would do it, as evil as it is, but who in their right mind would be like "yeah, i did it, wannafightaboutit?"

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Thats too bad that in the media we have been seeing all these videos of people getting in trouble and being flamed for making jokes too soon or being inconsiderate as this can hurt feelings. Yet a nation (USA (Its YOUR federal reserve)) can undermine the japanese economy in a moment of weakness. Im disgusted with this behavior. Why wouldnt you just donate your exports instead of gouge them? Is it seriously gonna hurt you as much as they are hurt right now?
Sorry if your American and are saying F you buddy I had nothing to do with this but the fact is you do if your pro capitalism cause undermining a nation in need is an exellent example of how to capitalize.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'm just at a loss for words.
I wish I had a punching bag right now with their faces printed onto the bag,
Then I would, well I can't really say this here due to T and C, but leave it to your vivid imagination to what I would do to these greedy sobs.

On the other hand, it is quiet odd that they announced their plans for the whole world to see. Something smells like fish, fish that has been left outside for a month and left to rot.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by prolific

On the other hand, it is quiet odd that they announced their plans for the whole world to see. Something smells like fish, fish that has been left outside for a month and left to rot.

Right? I'm not getting this at all. That's close to some government person coming out and just casually announcing they planned 9/11 and not even acting like it's a big deal.

I'm extremely confused....

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LetsTouch
Thats too bad that in the media we have been seeing all these videos of people getting in trouble and being flamed for making jokes too soon or being inconsiderate as this can hurt feelings. Yet a nation (USA (Its YOUR federal reserve)) can undermine the japanese economy in a moment of weakness. Im disgusted with this behavior. Why wouldnt you just donate your exports instead of gouge them? Is it seriously gonna hurt you as much as they are hurt right now?
Sorry if your American and are saying F you buddy I had nothing to do with this but the fact is you do if your pro capitalism cause undermining a nation in need is an exellent example of how to capitalize.

Hows about you learn your facts. The FED is an independent central bank. It is not controlled by the government, and therefore not controlled by the American people. It's eFED up but that's the way it is.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Umm.. what?

This is good for the world to weaken the YEN. It is far too strong.

It is good for US and Japan equity markets as well. Blow it up? It is the strongest currency in the world.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I think you guys need to read the WHOLE article. A little further down it says this:

The last time the U.S. government intervened in currency markets was the fall of 2000 when it sold dollars and bought euros to bolster the fledgling European currency.

I think this is what they're referring to in the first paragraph. While the Fed is a manipulative, out of control agency, I doubt they've been manipulating Japan's currency directly for the last decade. At least, I'm sure they wouldn't ADMIT to it.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
if this actually has a negative impact on japan to the point of harmiong the economy, it was very very stupid to let the info get out.

so japan can't sell US debt? nonsense

if they sell it all to China they will get a very,very good price.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
The NY Fed has confirmed it helped in efforts to weaken the Japanese currency, thereby making the purchase of imported goods more expensive for the Japanese people.

AP reports:

WASHINGTON (AP) — The New York Federal Reserve Bank confirmed that it intervened in currency markets on Friday for the first time in more than a decade.

The disclosure came a day after the Group of Seven major industrialized nations pledged in a statement to join in a coordinated effort to weaken the Japanese yen. The yen has surged in the last week to post-war record levels following the Japanese earthquake and tsunami.

Obviously what the Japanese people need to do now is keep their currency weak so they can continue exporting cheap goods for US consumers.

This action by the Fed is nothing short of genocide.

By weakening the Japanese currency, in total disregard for what the market says is the right thing to do, they have made the cost of purchasing recovery and rebuilding materials massively more expensive for the Japanese population.

The Japanese people need a strong currency in order to be able to purchase imported goods cheaply so they can rebuild all the capital resources that were lost in the tsunami disaster.

The Fed, in coordination with the central bank of Japan, set about destroying the Japanese currency for one reason only – to keep the US bond market propped up.

You see, Japan needs money in order to rebuild. This money SHOULD come by the Japanese selling off all the US treasury bonds that they are holding. This would give them instant cash to buy goods in order to rebuild. However, this same action would further destroy the US dollar.

Of course, our criminal overlords can not let this happen.

In fact just shortly after the disaster, Overlord Geithner went on the record making it clear that no such thing would occur. How did he know it would not occur? Because the central banks had already decided just moments after the disaster that they would blow up the Japanese currency before any possibility of a bond sell off could occur.

Japan actually intervened in the markets last July to try to lower the Yen's value. The reason is, as you said, to improve their export situation.

Article here

Japan recently lowered their interest rate to 0, which brought them under fire from the IMF/World Bank.

These agencies wanted Japan to increase holdings at the Central Bank of Japan, (and how would they do that, except by borrowing money from maybe the IMF/World Bank?) because Japan's government debt is at about 200% of their GDP, even though most of their debt is from investors from within the country.

After WWII, Japan did take several loans from the World Bank for reconstruction, but they paid it all back, and even became one of the largest funders for the IMF. I read that Japan loaned the IMF BILLIONS (100 billion recently, I think*** and why are countries that are having debt problems already, doing that?)

Actually, though, the IMF/World Bank is concerned that too many countries are trying to do the same thing, devalue their currency, which, instead of helping, just makes matters worse.

The real consensus (stated, that is) is that China needs to start allowing their currency value to rise, as they have been artificially been holding the value down, which affects other countries exports, making them more expensive.

Japan's population has the highest income per capita, being around $34,000, and one of the government officials basically said that their most important consideration overall is the well-being of their people, which is their main consideration when figuring their monetary policy.

(don't quote me on this, I may be wrong, couldn't find the original article I got this info from to double check, this is what I remember, memory not that good, lol)

Well, the EVILS can't have that, since THEIR main goal seems to be to make all countries equally poor, and the people into debt slaves.

I saw a chart just within the last day or so, that stated that the Japanese are the second highest holder/buyer of US Treasury Bonds, behind China. This probably means when the next US Bonds sale comes up, Japan won't be buying any. China probably won't be buying any either, so, good by US dollar.

The Federal Reserve will be buying all the Treasury Bonds. I guess that will add to the US debt through the back door.

If Japan's currency has been devalued, it is only so eventually they will be dragged into the clutches of the IMF/World Bank again, but this time, instead of being able to pay their loans back in a timely fashion, they will probably NOT be able to pay back in a timely fashion.

Do some research on what happens to nations that borrow money from those two organizations. Usually national resources such as land, mineral rights, etc are tied into the agreements, with a default meaning loss of whatever was agreed upon.

Also, other conditions are made that could have an impact on the population itself, such as conditions about farming practices and other things.

From what I have read, countries don't want to get into the clutches of the IMF/World Bank. These two agencies are directly tied to the UN, and many of the top directors and personnel of all three have been playing musical chairs between agencies. Look up Robert Zoellick.

Oh, and look at one of the seminar titles from the last bi-yearly meeting of the IMF/World Bank/UN proxies:

1330/1730 - IMF "Global Economic Governance" seminar with IMF First Deputy Managing Director John Lipsky, Soros Fund Management Chairman George Soros and Korean Central Bank Governor Choongsoo Kim. Read more: www.ibtimes.com...

My opinion on this move by the IMF/World Bank?

Stronger economies/countries have to be broken to bring in the world government, world money system, world religion.
edit on 18-3-2011 by sezsue because: fixes

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

BOJ intervenes all the time.

Fin Min Khan ( sp? ) likes to put out these little "blurbs" here and there to rile up the currency. I have been victim of that many times in the past. He should just keep his mouth shut.

BOJ has intervened a handful of times over the past year right around 80.00 USD/JPY

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hmmm... That is what I am thinking. Interesting to see the plot play out.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The japanese goverment has been doing that itself for years now. If they import it is to manufacture and export. They have had a huge trade surplus for years. If they dont keep their currency in check it would raise to the stars and the demand would go bust and the economy shrink, untill the currency weakens again.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
Because the central banks had already decided just moments after the disaster that they would blow up the Japanese currency before any possibility of a bond sell off could occur.

this is pretty sketchy...did they decide moments after the disaster or did they decide quite awhile before? maybe HAARP or another technology was in play after all? i believe it was a natural occurrence, but this move by the Fed makes you wonder...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join