It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Few Media Distortions That Have Been Bothering Me Lately

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Japan Earthquake:

The Western and Japanese media are either fear mongering, downplaying the situation, or accidentally downplaying the nuclear situation.

Notice that there is no "accidental" fear mongering.

I believe, that fear mongering is definitely beneficial to some parties who are willing to tighten control over energy. The Japanese government might simply be trying to reduce panic like the Russian government during the Chernobyl incident.

It's also easy to see that people of the West feel "bad" about the situation because it is "Japan," yet they are responsible for the remorseless murder of hundreds of thousands of civilians in the Middle East.

If Westerners want to prevent deaths, stop murdering people or else shut up and stop speculating because you're not helping the situation in Japan.

Libya:

I notice that the people who are fighting against the establishment are now "rebels," instead of "insurgents." We all know "insurgent" was the term for any Middle Easterner who doesn't like the West. The media doesn't want to use the term "freedom fighters" because it obviously shows which side the West is on. It isn't hard to see that the West is simply trying to secure its oil and replace its puppet. Because "Colonel" (telegraph.co.uk) Gaddafi is a military dictator spawned by the US, it is reasonable to conclude that Westerners are ultimately responsible for any deaths that he caused.

The No Fly Zone is a declaration of war. It was passed by the UN without protest because Westerners are too focused on Japan. The media is saying "we don't know what's going to happen," when you can be damn sure that more people are going to get ripped to shreds by missiles and bombs.

So if Westerners want (which they really don't) to offset the tragedy in Japan, maybe they should stop electing trash (which they won't) into the system.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Reply to post by die_another_day

Being an American citizen automatically means I'm responsible for people dieing in the middle east? Good one. Guess what the reality is? None of us wanted the wars. It doesn't matter who we think we elect or who we try to elect because od the simple fact that either way, we're electing a politician.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

When protests started in Libya, all the news outlets were saying is that Libya had an army of 5,000 people. Now all of a sudden they have an airforce and a ground force. What's the truth here? Who's the enemy?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join