It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driver tapes tsunami as it slams into car.... BY FAR one of the best videos that shows how strong mo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
CNN Source

awesome footage......... unbelievable video from a dash cam moment tsunami hits land.

edit on 18-3-2011 by Warhacks because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2011 by Warhacks because: tires to change topic to fragile earth but was unable to do so :/ stayed in breaking and politics sorry

edit on 18-3-2011 by getreadyalready because: Fixed link

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Link wont work for me

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Warhacks

I saw that this morning on CNN. UNREAL!!! I just cannot imagine being in that driver's seat. This guy was so fortunate to float to safety.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
now that is scary... lucky man

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Warhacks
CNN Source

awesome footage......... unbelievable video from a dash cam moment tsunami hits land.

edit on 18-3-2011 by Warhacks because: tires to change topic to fragile earth but was unable to do so :/ stayed in breaking and politics sorry

You know, in Environmental Science, we were watching videos of when the first few waves hit, my teacher knew how bad it was. He ended up showing us a video of a car being thrown over the sea wall, and under a bridge, but you could actually see a man in the car, waving, trying to get help.

Well, my ignorant class decides to go and laugh at this, and replay it, atleast 4 times.

I was disgusted, and was in shock the rest of the hour. I didn't think kids in America could be THAT horribly ignorant. It's terrible.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Yea kids in america are ridiculous.
Its not their fault though. Its the way they have been conditioned.

Amazing footage though.
And the rainbow was a pretty nice addition.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I could not even begin to imagine how terrifying that would be!

I have always had a fear of water, well not really of water since I've always swam and love swimming in the ocean, but a fear of tidal waves and floods. It's just one of those things were you have absolutely no control over the situation, and are completely at the mercy of the water. I can't even remember how many nightmares I had as a child of tidal waves coming towards me. Scary stuff!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by WillNiendick

You should be happy that you're mature enough to not to take delight in other peoples suffering and that you're aware of how inhuman some people can be.

The world can be a grim place, but with enough good people, it can change for the better.

--

On topic: Crazy footage. Lucky guy.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Pretty much over all the video's of this and that. Ooooh, here is a new one. Man is engulfed by Tsunami or car hit my Tsunami wave.
Families and lives have been destroyed and i'm good on the videos. Yeah, I got it, its entertaining to watch.

Just not sure we need to be entertained with the destruction of their lives for our enjoyment. Japan, as a whole, has a very respectful and honorable culture and with that being said, I can see now why they have stopped the use of facebook and Youtube while this is going on.

Maybe we could make some smart decisions and have a little bit of empathy for their current state of tragedy.

M

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by WillNiendick

Originally posted by Warhacks
CNN Source

You know, in Environmental Science, we were watching videos of when the first few waves hit, my teacher knew how bad it was. He ended up showing us a video of a car being thrown over the sea wall, and under a bridge, but you could actually see a man in the car, waving, trying to get help.

Well, my ignorant class decides to go and laugh at this, and replay it, atleast 4 times.

I was disgusted, and was in shock the rest of the hour. I didn't think kids in America could be THAT horribly ignorant. It's terrible.

That's because if it is on Video it is seen as a Game. "Not Real". So empathy is deadened.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by minigunner
Pretty much over all the video's of this and that. Ooooh, here is a new one. Man is engulfed by Tsunami or car hit my Tsunami wave.
Families and lives have been destroyed and i'm good on the videos. Yeah, I got it, its entertaining to watch.

Just not sure we need to be entertained with the destruction of their lives for our enjoyment. Japan, as a whole, has a very respectful and honorable culture and with that being said, I can see now why they have stopped the use of facebook and Youtube while this is going on.

Maybe we could make some smart decisions and have a little bit of empathy for their current state of tragedy.

M

I don't personally think watching videos or viewing pictures of these disasters in any way takes away from the loss of life or devastation. You can read about something all you want, but it's hard to get a feel for what's actually going on unless you can actually see what's happening. Obviously there are those less mature and empathetic among us that would use this as pure entertainment, but that doesn't take away from this story that needs to be told by all means possible, be it written or videotaped.

new topics

top topics

join