It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Negative Energy Feeders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Has anyone ever had experience with people who seem to
be nice and friendly but can not take no for an answer?
I mean like friends who always insist that you come over
and they never want you to leave? I have such a friend
but everytime I finally do get out, I seem drained of energy
and I just can't wait to get home and rest.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This is not psychic or anything, but i remember as a kid going and visiting different older(middle-aged) people who would talk your ears off. With my polite up bringing i didn't no how to interrupt them or easily break away. I can remember sitting for what seemed like hours being very uncomfortable. They weren't mean or bad people, just extremely tedious.

As an adult Im much better able to clip off a tedious conversation, such a relief.

Your circumstance implies more than just tedious though.

I also remember occasionally meeting or sitting next to someone who talks incessantly. That can be nerve racking.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
This is not psychic or anything, but i remember as a kid going and visiting different older(middle-aged) people who would talk your ears off. With my polite up bringing i didn't no how to interrupt them or easily break away. I can remember sitting for what seemed like hours being very uncomfortable. They weren't mean or bad people, just extremely tedious.

As an adult Im much better able to clip off a tedious conversation, such a relief.

Your circumstance implies more than just tedious though.
I also remember occasionally meeting or sitting next to someone who talks incessantly. That can be nerve racking.

It is more than that, these people have children and my
children don't like going over there because they also seem
drained when we leave.

It is like they dump all of their problems on us and then they
feel better when we leave and we feel totally drained. Weird.

[edit on 7/21/2004 by Soul Reaper]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
There are people who feed off of negative energy. People who will instigate arguments and then when everyone is all upset, they calm down and are just fine. They feed off the energy that arguing produces. When you are around these people for periods of time, you feel very drained and tired later because they also drain you of your own energy. This is not always done on purpose and many times they don't know there're even doing it....

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
There are people who feed off of negative energy. People who will instigate arguments and then when everyone is all upset, they calm down and are just fine. They feed off the energy that arguing produces. When you are around these people for periods of time, you feel very drained and tired later because they also drain you of your own energy. This is not always done on purpose and many times they don't know there're even doing it....

hmmm....thanks for the insight. Is their anyway to stop them
from doing this? I don't want to cut off contact with them because
they seem like nice people but we are almost afraid to answer the
phone when they call because it is almost always an invitation to
"Come over and have a few drinks" or BBQ.
and that leaves us more tired than a night at Chuck e cheese
with the kids..................

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

I have noticed this myself, people who seem to live for strife and pain, who arent happy unless they are in the middle of someone elses misery. They almost seem like vampires. I cut off all contact with these types whenever possible.

[edit on 21-7-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
wile I dont think i fall into the I like peoples pain catgory because it moves me very deeply to see people in pain.
I do have a realy bad habbit of talking excesivly . And have fought this tendsy all my life . But I belive the reasion for this alest in my case is lack of social intereaction Im usaly at home in my room if not working and rarly ever talk to anyone so once I get the chance i usaly cant stop.
And of corse its mostly stuff like what this site is about and few people want to talk about science of space stuff they would rater talk about the nebiers lol. so im dont fit in conversations very well eather.
Tell you what though if anyone here has a magic potion to make me normal ( what ever that is. give me it ill be glade to stop worrying with all this 1001 ways the world ends stuff.
I had a friend once who was regular normal? and he never had regrets Lucky guy did what he did what ever that was at the time and dident worry about any consqunes.
most people are like this Tunnel vision only see right in frount of them selfs and only a few feet at a time.
It bites knowing that my grand kids will grow up in a bad world and they will be lucky if they have grand kids . I wish o i wish I was just like them no worrys Mate.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I am not talking about someone who just talks too much I am talking more about those LadyV spoke of. I call them vampires because they seem to feed off of the misery of others, we have all meet them.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
yes, yes what you guys say. sometimes with friends like that you got to kick their but once or twice so they'll learn. Wait why is this in cryptozoology?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I am not talking about someone who just talks too much I am talking more about those LadyV spoke of. I call them vampires because they seem to feed off of the misery of others, we have all meet them.

I think you are correct. I feel bad for them because NO ONE
who's been there once likes to go back so they are always
alone. They are a fairly young couple (35 or so) with 3 kids.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
well, if you believe that their is a force, energy that flows constantly throughout creation nourishing it.....well, these people have effectively blocked themselves from it....instead of being part of the large circuit of energy, they have set up a smaller circuit, the force that is from the creator is a positive loving force...their is just the opposite...

My brother and his wife came when my mom became sick leaving their three kids with the wife's family. my bother's circle had been broken...and well, I got so I couldn't take it anymore...he was driving me nuts, and the family erupted before my mom was even buried....(about three weeks if that) and he was heading back home...with my blessings...hey, he was the head of the pecking order and lost alot of those that he usually pecked on...was substituting us for them....

top topics

join