It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are they crazy?! Report says~ West Coast officials, Obama: Don't worry about radiation risk in U.S

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
So yeah, conflicting reports and ones with out any proof to really back it up. Other than the other thread I posted which shows the leak and how is has spread, no one is being of much help or use on this disaster.

West Coast officials, Obama: Don't worry about radiation risk in U.S. By Elizabeth Landau, CNN March 18, 2011 8:38 a.m. EDT

(CNN) -- Instead of worrying about the unlikely event of harmful radiation drifting from Japan, Californians should focus on preparing for earthquakes and other emergencies common in their own state, officials said.

"Whether it's the West Coast, Hawaii, Alaska or U.S. territories in the Pacific, we do not expect harmful levels of radiation," Obama said. "That's the judgment of our Nuclear Regulatory Commission and many other experts."
Link to source

edit on 18-3-2011 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It's funny how there are conflicting reports about radiation not reaching U.S. I think I read in another post that it was supposed to reach the United States in about a few days or so. I know Russia has already detected radiation on their East Side but as to what extent I have no idea. I have no idea why they just won't let the people know, like wouldn't it be better to know that something was coming rather than be completely oblivious to it? I just hope that one day this will all change.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Giving this a ...
Bump.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I can hear the Japanese logic now.

Tokyo Electric: "We got to keep the rods cool. We don't want a China syndrome nor do we want 1700 tons from the world's largest nuclear waste dump going up in a spontaneous nuclear explosion. Throw water on it."

Japanese Government: "But throwing water on the pile will produce massive quantities of deadly tritium. If you inhale it or it gets inside your body you're walking dead."

Tokyo Electric: "So what, most if not all will float to America. Screw the Americans."

Japanese Government: "We can get as many water canons, helicopters and fire tugs you need. Throw water on it. I'm sure we can blackmail Barry to give us cover and tell the hamburgers the air is safe to breath and the water safe to drink."

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Fool me once...

Judge Blasts EPA Ground Zero Appraisal
Calls Ex-Chief's Labeling Lower Manhattan Safe 'Conscience-Shocking'

By Gina Pace

(AP) A judge attacked former Environmental Protection Agency chief Christine Todd Whitman for reassuring Manhattan residents soon after the 2001 terrorist attacks that the environment was safe to return to homes and offices while toxic dust was polluting the neighborhood.

"No reasonable person would have thought that telling thousands of people that it was safe to return to lower Manhattan, while knowing that such return could pose long-term health risks and other dire consequences, was conduct sanctioned by our laws," U.S. District Judge Deborah A. Batts wrote, calling Whitman's actions "conscience-shocking."

edit on 3/18/2011 by GoldenFleece because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
On Fox news

This is what is on Fox. It has reached home.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Just this morning on a local radio show here in Michigan, they said the radiation was to hit the west coast at noon today, but it was nothing for people to worry about, but joked about people going outside and taking a deep breath.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod
On Fox news

This is what is on Fox. It has reached home.

The anominous diplomat says he can't share the specific info because of a "comprehensive test ban treaty".
The PTB have all their bases covered...even treaties!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

S & F. Helluva a mess isn't it? Just imagine how the Japanese citizens feel. Damn, just got to shake my head at this mess. I guess international cooperation now means every government screws their citizens while reading from the same book.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I like how so many here on ATS think FEAR and WORRY is a useful, empowering thing.
Run for the hills!

Dig a deep hole, and bury yourself in it for two weeks, to avoid being contaminated. Don't provide air holes, as they radiation will seep in. Just take a deep breath before you bury yourself. You'll be fine.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
reply to post by ADVISOR

Fool me once...

Judge Blasts EPA Ground Zero Appraisal

"

Hmmmm, and the biggest difference i can see with those two examples is something called PROXIMITY. By about 5500 miles.

yeah, totally comparable.

And if the government called for, say, an evacuation of the West Coast, youde have people on here saying they were up to something. If they tell you not to worry, you say they're up to something.

What would you prefer?
edit on 18-3-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join