It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Send the Japanese to my home. I will take a family of 3-4, many jobs, open-arms.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

I was ready to type the same suggestion.

I have two bedrooms and a full bath and a Costco card! I want two seniors A man and a woman who can keep him company...while I go to work.

Bless you for starting this thread.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
samlf3rd,
dont let others distract you with pessimistic attitudes.

Someone once said "Revolt??! Surely ye hath taken leave of thine senses"
,,,,And after that came the New World, America.
edit on 18-3-2011 by lance_covel because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2011 by lance_covel because: grammar corrections

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I just can't believe the amount of trolls and ignorance going around at this site lately. Speaks volumes. Yeah, where are the Mods??

The OP never said that the Japanese people needed to stay in the USA indefinitely. What he is offering is assistance until they can get on their feet. To me, that states that when they actually have a country safe enough to go back to - they are free to do so, or free to apply for citizenship.

The Japanese are a very proud people and very honorable. Of course many of them would rather die in Japan than to become a citizen of the US or any other country - I don't think that is being offered... what is being offered is an escape from the chaos and destruction until their country is stable.

To the trolls and ignorant: Stop making the people of the USA look bad by your heartless comments. If none of you have anything positive to contribute to this thread but only your heartless stupidity - please feel free to exercise your heartless stupidity elsewhere.

While I have battled with users in this thread on other issues I am united with them to help the people of Japan, what is the point of battling and complaining about helping people in NEED?

edit on 3/18/2011 by kroms33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by dnvrliz

I agree with you

If this person were genuine they would have no space available as they would have taken in others who needed help....starting with their fellow american brothers and sisters.
Im skeptical

Wether or not the OP is honestly making an offer..

Other people who "are", including myself, have jumped on the bandwagon.

So even if the OP was just boasting "which I think is untrue", the thread still has been useful in getting a message across and genuine people are coming here to offer assistance. This is a beautiful thing..

As for charity at home...lol Do you know how many unskilled jobs are going right now in this country that nearly all the homeless and lazy unemployed people could fill.. Why help and give shelter to people who won't help themselves?

And as for African and Middle Eastern and other refugees, as I said earlier, they don't assimilate. I lived nextdoor to a Middle Eastern Refugee family a few years back.. The husband of the family tried to jump the fence once and attack my GF at the time because his boys were looking at her sunbathing through a crack in the fence. The things he called her and the threats he made were beyond anything I'd say here.. an if I hadn't been there at the time, he might very well have hurt her or worse..!! Think I'd actually share a house with a family like that, with such differing views????

The people of Japan are gentile, hard working, honest, honourable, sweet people and I would share my home, my food and anything else with a Japanese family in what might be their greatest hour of need!!

I have also shared the links to the new websites mentioned in an earlier post, asking for offers of help to the Japanese on my FB page. I only have a few close friends on my FB page though so I hope they do share the links around too. Like I said before I'd start a group on FB, but wouldn't know how to begin...
edit on 3/18/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
samlf3rd = ROCK STAR

And yes, Americans are great people in this world.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Just jumping in real quick... Your point makes sense, however, just a quick rant: What NERVE. This entire freakin country was built upon somebody going into somebody's home and calling it their own. There is a reason we're American and they are NATIVE American. That has always made me sick. Their WAS an ethnicity for this part of the world, however the settlers "fixed" that situation. This is just a European settlement blocking other settlers from setting up shop on land belonging to NATIVE Americans... God bless the people. And God bless the OP for his open hearted obviously sincere generosity.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I am gathering the ideas, and I will need some people for help, I have received quite a few replies we are starting to move. Thanks everybody. Still working on the web site...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

*HANDCLAPPING*

That is all unicorns and rainbows my fellow ATS member.

But still neither the OP nor you, seem to understand the very easy concept that regardless of the time-frame, in order for a foreigner to be accepted into the United States of America he/she is going to have to go through a very stringent process and is going to need to have certain documents at hand. Documents which aren't easy to get hold of.

And I really don't want to begin talking about the legal battles the OP is going to have to go through.

People, people, people...

Now, where is my joint...

edit on 18-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
If I can help u2u me. I have a few spare furnished rooms.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Good for you helping your brothers and sisters in need at this time. Good Karma get's returned my friend and that is a great way to help. God bless you endeavor.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I have nothing snide to say about this. This is true love, not the love that many "spiritual" people keep talking about. It's easy to go into diatribes about how we should love people, but it's harder to put your money where your mouth is.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
WOW this thread gives me hope, that maybe we may just get to be a type 1 civilization and not destroy ourselves

More people like you sir are much needed in this world and other within this thread, now lets see if the super rich want to pull there fingers out and show others where there heart is as well...

i on the other hand - this place is full

but i will be doing my fair share with donations well done all involved absolute heart of gold

edit on 18-3-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

And I really don't want to begin talking about the legal battles the OP is going to have to go through.

It would really benefit this thread a lot if you did talk about it. Not many people know about the documentation/application processes that are required, so if someone were to elaborate on that aspect of this topic, I'm sure it would be appreciated.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnvrliz

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Originally posted by nekomata111

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Ive never quite understood the fairness of that statement, so by thatrdefinition my kids need my charity more than those poor kids in japan waiting for theyre parents to collect them from school.

allow me to expose my thoughts, what do you understand by charity? do you think your kids have everything they need? or they need/deserve more than other people because they are your kids? is those poor kids in Japan so distant (not in the physically meaning) of your family?

sorry, i really dont understand what your getting at here, i suppose if i understand it correctly, the meaning of charity begins at home is; sort your own house out first before others. Well i think i have.

Actually what I was saying is that you might want to take a walk around the neighborhood and see if there is anything you can do for your brother and sister Americans, or whoever might need help in your general area. It might not be as rewarding as hosting a family from Japan would be, but it would be the right thing to do.

I do understand what your getting at, and my mantra in life is to be kind to as many people as i physically can, i go out of my way to help and care for people, this concern for the japanese people is just an extension of what i am. However you have a point, if each person made it their business to look after their next door neighbour then i think the world would be in a very good place.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
We will be able to tell if hes sincere or not... My friend just moved to Chicago and is desperately seeking employment. So I don't know where these jobs are that you are implying, but if there are so many of them how about you help my buddy out. Or any of the high percentage Americans who are currently unemployed.

Im sure there are some families on the street right now that you can help out. Sounds like you can open your own business with this. And no im not joking, if you really know where are ton of jobs are then please share this golden gem with the rest of us.
edit on 18-3-2011 by LogicMan07 because: (no reason given)

link   
Im on board as well. Message me and ill do my best to accommodate a family of 3-4 people. I have the space and the means to assist and feel its my moral obligation to do so. I cant stop thinking about those folks patiently waiting for help that will never come.

link   
reply to post by Epiphron

Hey, no offense but, do I come across as a freakin' adviser here?
Besides, OP spoke to Obummer man! OP is genius!
On a side note I'm pretty sure the OP knows just fine about the process. I mean... after all OP did this wholehearted thread!

Or does OP not?

DUN DUN DUUUN
Too bad.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I think the willingness to help is an honorable thing and all, but, has the willing souls looked around them and seen families, locally that are desperate for help?
What the Japanese need more than displacement is money, right now. Food, clean water and shelter in what is left of their own communities, among people they know.
I hope everyone can see it in their hearts to give up one night on the town, one trip to McDonalds or one hours pay, to help get these folks through one day.

American Red Cross
Canadian Red Cross

I hope everyone can add to get immediate relief to the people, as some agencies take a long time to get money to trickle there. And watch out for scammers, they have black hearts and are willing to lie through their teeth to take your money.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Want to help a local with a job? I have been unemployed for a year now, I take as many degrading cash jobs as possible despite my strong resume and work history. I wouldn't ask someone on ATS but I live in Naperville and am truly fiscally shattered. I went to college and maxed out my credit after 3 years and was told I could not receive any more money. I am on the verge of completely defaulting on my student loan, I have 3 pairs of pants and my shoes are so old the bottoms are worn through. No joke. I am on the verge of being a hobo, the kindness of others wears thin when you can't find work. I am also don't qualify for unemployment even though my last official job bounced 8 of my paychecks causing me to leave.

Even if Op wont help. Is there anyone in the west burbs of Chicago with a work connection and a heart? I will even do janitorial work.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flsteve
Im on board as well. Message me and ill do my best to accommodate a family of 3-4 people. I have the space and the means to assist and feel its my moral obligation to do so. I cant stop thinking about those folks patiently waiting for help that will never come.

Would it be possible that if enough people have the attitude to want to help, that our politicians can pull strings (they do want our votes, you know) and drop some of the required red tape? As for those who are saying that we need to help needy Americans first, I have shared my home with needy Americans in the past. Now, however, I believe this is life and death for many Japanese. I have one extra bedroom available. I will share my home with victims of this tragedy.
edit on 18-3-2011 by heataz because: needed to clarify

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join