It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Send the Japanese to my home. I will take a family of 3-4, many jobs, open-arms.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This is a great idea and I am on board to help! Team Wisconsin! If you set something up PM me with any relevant info, I can help spread the word here in my area via Radio, Internet, Social Groups/Organizations, Government entities (Mayor).... the more people who hear this, the more people who will help.

On a more critical note, we must be aware of the possible negative backlash this will receive from various groups/organizations/government agencies in our country, insofar as we must be aware of the sustainability factor for such large increases of people fleeing their country to live here. These are factors that could possibly turn your noble deed into a nightmare of unexpected problems and so they must be accounted for.

I recommend setting goals for your group to achieve and then work towards that. To set those goals you should first factor in sustainability issues, such as:

How many people (rough estimate) need refuge?
How many of them are of working age?
How many job opportunities are available to them in the area they will reside?
How many elderly or young kids will accompany them?
How long will they need refuge? If indefinite, how does federal and state policy view that, and how much resources are needed to indefinitely care for a family of 3-4, say if employment is unavailable to them?

This is a very noble idea of you, and I am on board to help, but do not underestimate the complexity or difficulty of doing such a virtuous thing. All great movements start out as 'outlandish' ideas and are met with vigorous opposition and challenge, it is overcoming these challenges and opposition that develop said movement into greatness.

Keep in touch with me about this. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnvrliz

Originally posted by samlf3rd
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Really, I am a very busy and compassionate person. I can't believe some of the remarks. So define conspiracy in an ethical sense if you will. Is a conspiracy a thought, an idea, or a process? This site is to discuss conspiracies so the people of this site can get down to the bottom of things, and have a collective resource for further data usage regarding these matters. Your opinion matters-your irrelevant responses clog the internet all up and cause us to get distracted like now.
But I am completely serious, and I am looking for a few good people, not just Americans, to work as a team, or as a hole.
It's funny the cliche "I dream of world peace". Don't we all? Maybe we all just woke up yesterday and said ENOUGH, or maybe I did, and I want to share that idea with you. Don't be afraid of the idea, help turn it into an action and become part of what you want to see happen anyway.

Its a great and honorable thought, but, CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME.....

Ive never quite understood the fairness of that statement, so by thatrdefinition my kids need my charity more than those poor kids in japan waiting for theyre parents to collect them from school.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Ive never quite understood the fairness of that statement, so by thatrdefinition my kids need my charity more than those poor kids in japan waiting for theyre parents to collect them from school.

allow me to expose my thoughts, what do you understand by charity? do you think your kids have everything they need? or they need/deserve more than other people because they are your kids? is those poor kids in Japan so distant (not in the physically meaning) of your family?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Wow, hopefully you didn't think before you said that.

I help more people than anyone I know, I have always done so. When I was 17 my friends and I would dress up-I would be Santa, and they (including my brother was an Elf) and we would walk up and down as many streets as we could in the neighborhood going to all the kids houses giving them presents from the little allowance we had.
I am 32, I was never in the position to take people in earlier I'm sorry. My family is stable now.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nekomata111
another worth fact to comment is not to forget that Japanese people (majority) would rather die in Japan than mass exodus to foreigns countries, Japan is so beautiful and rich because they love their country.

Have to agree with that.
Also rebuilding their lives from USA is not really going to be possible. There might be better ways you can help them other then having them come over, even though it's a wonderful idea and I thought about it too.
But , just imagine how many kids lost their parents, houses. Their only choice would be to go to homeless shelters for years and wait to get adopted? I think kids that lost families are in the greatest need right now. If you can, maybe you could think about adopting one or 2, help them learn english and then they can return to Japan when they grow up if they really want to? I didn't see number anywhere, but the chance is, there are children like that out there that are in a complete despair.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

TO: IAMIAM
Very well said, you have my respect.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd

Wow, hopefully you didn't think before you said that.

I help more people than anyone I know, I have always done so. When I was 17 my friends and I would dress up-I would be Santa, and they (including my brother was an Elf) and we would walk up and down as many streets as we could in the neighborhood going to all the kids houses giving them presents from the little allowance we had.
I am 32, I was never in the position to take people in earlier I'm sorry. My family is stable now.

My friend, there will always be doubters and naysayers. They will pass as your endeavor comes to fruition. Keep on the brighter side of life and show what is possible.

You will may even meet resistance from the government. Do what you can and welcome all the help that offers. You are shining a light in the darkness of the world. Do not keep it under a basket, let it SHINE!

I am pulling for you, and if I can help in any way, I will.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by dnvrliz

I agree with you

If this person were genuine they would have no space available as they would have taken in others who needed help....starting with their fellow american brothers and sisters.
Im skeptical

I also think that before people go out and advertise this stuff they should do their homework, the government red tape that would be involved in something like this might not be something they could even fathom. Especially since these people might be ill already. First place they should go is get a lawyer and then go from there, it is not as easy as they think. it would be nice to be able to do it, but there is a lot of work involved.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

allow me to expose my thoughts, what do you understand by charity? do you think your kids have everything they need? or they need/deserve more than other people because they are your kids? is those poor kids in Japan so distant (not in the physically meaning) of your family?

sorry, i really dont understand what your getting at here, i suppose if i understand it correctly, the meaning of charity begins at home is; sort your own house out first before others. Well i think i have.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

How about extending your good will to include people from UK ?

I would love to go and work in the USA.

Cosmic...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
OP seems to think that anyone can decide to enter and stay in the US if they feel like it. Sorry, it's not that easy...

I'm a prospective student for a university in California and even I am having to go through hell just to be able to study there.

You think the gov is gonna let some guy from Japan just go through no questions asked? No.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Great point, let's keep the brainstorming alive,I am working on the web site for it, so we can use the ideas as concepts for the functionality.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Well I just wrote President Obama a while ago and asked him for his assistance, so maybe he can life some laws-I'm doing all I can-so, no, for the record I didn't think that the U.S. lets anyone in.
We have a lot of information, sounds like you were trying to bash someone when you had no clue-now how do you feel?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

sorry, i really dont understand what your getting at here, i suppose if i understand it correctly, the meaning of charity begins at home is; sort your own house out first before others. Well i think i have.

Actually what I was saying is that you might want to take a walk around the neighborhood and see if there is anything you can do for your brother and sister Americans, or whoever might need help in your general area. It might not be as rewarding as hosting a family from Japan would be, but it would be the right thing to do.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
You guys are so amazing, I'm glad to see so many people other than me care. Let's keep it up, post this on your FB and Twitter.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I once went to Ocean City Maryland for Spring Break "98" and I met a guy who hung out with us the whole time, they called me "Chicago" whatever. But the guy had nowhere to go, he was a nice down-to-earth beach bum.He asked if he could come to Chicago for work, I said yes. He drove back with my friends and I he stayed at my house, called his friend out there and they found jobs and we had a great (one of the most fun summers) of my life.

So yes generosity flows thick through my veins.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

LOL How do I feel about what? About you writing to president obama? Yeah...

HOPE YOU ARE READY FOR THE COLD HARD TRUTH OF A RESPONSE...

Or do you think he is gonna say: "Sure man, no problem... Just tell border agents you have my word. They won't mind if he doesn't have a visa or if he is radioactive. With my word, they'll let him through just fine."

ROFLCOPTER ARMY!

link   
This is awesome! I have been saying this for days now. I am wringing my hands over not knowing what I can do to help with such tragedy. Everything is asking for donations, please send monies. I cannot afford to send money. I CAN however afford to offer a small room in my home to a family of 2-3. I don't know how they would get here but once they did I would welcome them with hugs and tears! I am so glad to see there are people thinking along the same lines that I have been.

link   
i have no room, but a couch.. I have no income for donating, but if I can help somehow from here in BC canada I would love to know how to help.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
i have no room, but a couch.. I have no income for donating, but if I can help somehow from here in BC canada I would love to know how to help.

Only Japanese people ???

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join