It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Send the Japanese to my home. I will take a family of 3-4, many jobs, open-arms.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

It's understandable, to a degree, and a lot of people share this kind of cynical viewpoint, but maybe, we just need to evolve...?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Evolve, go read some Darwin, it takes a while.

This is not about evaluation this is about the OP flag grabbing by taking advantage of a natural disaster it has nothing to do with evolution.

You call it cynicism, i call it common sense.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
my first flag on ATS goes to you sir.

A humbling gesture indeed.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I just talked to someone i know whose family is 50 miles from Tokyo and 100 miles from the reactors......There food is being rationed as well as gas and they are very nervous.........There 4 adults and some kids i think and the older father does not have a passport so they CANT leave......The roads to the airport i guess have all been damaged to so it makes it very difficult to get to the airports.

I think that everyone should email the president asking to lift the restrictions for passports and visas as the OP said he did yesterday....Maybe just maybe he will do it if enough people ask.

This friend also said that they are not sending money to there family because there is NO food or gas to buy......After much thought they decided to give to the Red Cross,as they WILL get the food there.

link to email the president.

www.whitehouse.gov...
edit on 19-3-2011 by StarLightStarBright2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Thanks Starlight and Mark!

Yes perhaps we need to urge everyone to lift Visa restrictions at least temporarily. I'm sure if we worked real hard we could get our message to Japan somehow. I know it will be tough especially with the radiation levels, but we can make a difference.

In light of all the comments I created the web site for all disasters. This will be an ongoing even, thanks to all your support. We are working on gathering appropriate and relevant content to the web site-which should be up any time now.

Also I need some images of some recent country's that have been affected by calamity that aren't copyrighted so any help would be appreciated.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Beautiful pictures!....What a AWESOME idea AND website!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by StarLightStarBright2

Thank you, I'm going to a bar-b-q I will be back on at about 9 or UTC.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
Thank you, I'm going to a bar-b-q I will be back on at about 9 or UTC.

oh yeah, now I see you are really focused

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

What if a group fo Sumo Wrestlers lacking in food applied for santuary, would you still take them in..?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nekomata111

Obviously, maybe that's why he made a website as well.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I can't speak for him but I can myself....depending on how many their was, yes. I am not going to take in a family that I cannot care for. I can however care for and provide adequate space for a family of 3 to 4.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I think it is a noble gesture. My hat is off to you, OP, for starting something like this. My son recently joined the Peace Corps. He wants to go to Japan and help them rebuild. So you're not alone by any means.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
An offer when its heartfelt from common people rather than politicians is excellent to see. Good on you.

Be aware though any of these people taking up your offer who are coming from a situation where they no longer have a home to return to will be suffering a degree of trauma. The most likely people to take it up would be those from Japanese middle class families with the means to send members to your home. You would be taking on an enormous responsibility. It will be nothing like hosting a homestay family, and far more like offering shelter to refugees. There are a lot of difficulties involved for both sides. But it is a tremendously generous offer.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I agree with some other posters,very patronising to treat these people as "objects" you can just ship over to your front door.

How generous of you to get them to work,who says they want to do degrading low paid work.Or do you intend to take the money from them?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Hmmm well how would a Japanese family or any other refugee family know you were offering to put them up for a time if you don't tell anyone?

I give to charity all the time when I am able to, I don't brag about it.. But if I say nothing about offering a place to live, and don't get the message out there, is a Japanese family going to just know, and somehow end up on my doorstep?

This is not about anyone looking for glory or fame or recognition... it's about letting these people know they are welcome and have somewhere to turn..

I have posted my offers on FB, Youtube and MSN and informed as many friends about the possibility as I can and I have met a great deal of enthusiasm for the idea. Infact, nearly every friend and reletive I have spoken to about this has said they would do the same...

It's about humanity, not glory.. people are mostly genuinly nice.. sometimes its good to let people know that you are passionate about soething and are willing to help.. stop trying to throw a spanner in the works..!!

If it isn't for you personally, fine, but don't go telling other people they are not being honest or are tryng to glorify themselves..

And as for this just being a flag grab exercise, "so what if it is"? There are many people here on this thread who have come forward offering assistance, "who are genuine", like myelf..!! Though I fully believe the OP is genuine too..

It's ok for you to sit in your armchair at home critisizing other people for their willingness to help, so why don't you just keep silent and let them do it? If you don't want to get involved, then don't, but don't start mouthing off at others who do simply because it's not your cup of tea..
edit on 3/19/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by paperface

Do degrading low paid word? That's the problem these days. People want to pick and choose jobs even when homeless.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

Thankyou,that says everything I need to know

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by paperface

I have tried to get a homeless person a job at burger king about a year ago. I knew one of the managers there and he was going to hire him. "Sarge" wanted no part in working there. If your homeless, it wouldn't be smart to only pick jobs that seem convenient. If people want to choose ego over a paycheck, that's on them. This is exactly why I would much rather help a Japanese family then one here at home with the same belief as you.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
I agree with some other posters,very patronising to treat these people as "objects" you can just ship over to your front door.

How generous of you to get them to work,who says they want to do degrading low paid work.Or do you intend to take the money from them?

It has nothing to do with patronising.!!

Look.., do you know how small japan is? and how many people actually live on that small Island?
Japan is one of the most croweded countries on earth and it has three screwed up Nuclear Reactors..!!

The ammount of land that will become un-livable in the end, is propotionate to possibly around a third of the population. The country is already croweded so where will that many people go? Crowed up the remaning areas even more?

This disaster is unprecidented, it has never happened before on such a scale anywhere in the world, not with the addition of three nuclear reactors to-boot anyway..!!

Millions of Japanese may have no choice but to leave their country in the end. Either that or die.!! Personally I don't want to see them die "honor or no honor", "love of their homeland or not"..

It isn't about making pets out of them so don't you even think about saying something like that again..!!! It's about saving their lives and giving them a second chance and somewhere to go other than back into a nuclear waste..!!

What, you think we want to lock them in rooms and put collars round their necks..!?! Don't be so stupid!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
Okay guys, it's installed and I'm waiting for the domain name to propagate, send me some links, and what should be on there, I'm am starting on the Visa information.
From there we can begin building our database of people who are willing to share a space, can someone look through this thread, and message me or email me the list of people and what their accommodations are?
It sure would help.
The site can be translated in many different languages, sorry it isn't all that graphical, we need some pics in the articles.
Can we determine what should be on the home page? An artists that want to match the theme send me your ideas: [email protected]

The site can be viewed through this link until the domain "disasterrelocation.org" propagates: disasterrelocation.org

It's a beautiful day outside people, let's share some of that with the world!

How long before you can get the Follow us on FB and Twitter links added so I can share this out?
second..
edit on 3/19/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join