It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Send the Japanese to my home. I will take a family of 3-4, many jobs, open-arms.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I hate to be skeptical and bring negativity to such a positive thread, but something just doesnt seem right about the OP and his offer.

First he's making an anonymous offer on a conspiracy website to help Japanese families afflicted by the Earthquake. If genuine, there are much better ways to go about it, but ok.

Second, he first gets the idea of building a website around page 3 at about 7:10pm and claims he finished the website 5 hours later at about 11:59pm by page 9, all while simultaneously posting in this thread every 5 minutes or so and still finding time to write letters to the President and contacting the Red Cross. Thats some serious multitasking, not impossible i suppose, but unlikely.

Thirdly, In an attempt to validate his sincerity, he claims he and his brother would dress up like Santa and Elves and spend their allowances on toys for all of the less fortunate kids in the neighborhood, which they would then distribute on Christmas. Again, its possible, but sounds alittle too Hallmark Channel to me.

Look, I think its great if he wants to help, and I guess at the very least this thread has probably inspired some other folks to get involved, but my BS meter goes off especially when new members start threads and beg for stars and flags along with many of the OP's claims that are made just dont feel right or realistic.

Again, I hope Im absolutely wrong about the OP and his intentions and i wish i didnt feel this way,

edit on 19-3-2011 by skull_bones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1ifbyland2ifbydebitcard

Originally posted by Ironclad
So Yes, the japanese over the homeless, the Africans and everyone else!!

Thank you for making my whole point about this thread so crystal clear.

So why simply quote my last line and not the rest of that post..?

Because that one line answers your question, right.. So why don't you debate what was said in the rest of that post and tell me reasons I should be wrong on each count?

Hey don't worry I won't put you on the spot like that..

I already know you can't counter my reasons for selecting the japanese over other groups..lol
edit on 3/19/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

OK. What is your address? Do you have free wifi?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I'm not implying that the OP is racist, but it's sad that we're not always so willing to help those in need. Whoever or wherever they be.
edit on 19-3-2011 by 1ifbyland2ifbydebitcard because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2011 by 1ifbyland2ifbydebitcard because: (no reason given)

Racist? No!! Striotypical, Yes!!

I would rather not share my home with a Nigerian family who might hack me to death for my slippers or rob me blind or both.. Nore would I like to share my house with a midle east family who might beat my GF for walking around her own house in fromt of them in her underwear... Nore would I like to support a homeles person who will bleed me dry and never try to improve themselves or actually get a job.

It's about the ability to get along and have some comonality with the people your are opening your doors to.and knowing that they will have enough in common with you that you can get along with them.

Though the above comments are sterotypical and unlikely scenarios, it is the difference in beliefs, demanours and ethics that drives me to select japanese people over others... Nuf said.

Look, I have nothing against other people from taking in any of the other groups, I personally would not. Why is that a big deal to some of you people...?

If it is such a big deal, then why don't you extend your arms, open your doors to some of these other groups and stop telling or berating other people for not wanting to...
edit on 3/19/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
To the people of Japan I hope you accept my invitation to come live near Chicago, Illinois and begin a new life. I can offer your family a stay in my home until you can get back up on your feet. There are many jobs in my area for all different types of workers. Simply contact me and we will get your family a plane ticket if you can not afford one and we will pick you up from the airport.
I hope you understand that America is a loving place and the population is a combination of every culture from around the world. We have excellent school systems, and I live in a private gated community with many amenities including an 18-hole beautiful golf course and many lakes, hiking trails, and beautiful sights.
We are a family of 3 (myself, my wife, and my son who is seven) who are very active and outgoing. We understand your tragedy and would truly like to help our friends in a time a need.
Sam

very kind of you, i hope more people will do this to help those in need, the only problem is if not enough people invite people insufficiant supply and demand may occur, causing problems, but i don't think that will happen.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

reply to post by kroms33

Wow, long post, but I can answer it quickly: He's not inviting them into his home.

I don't even think you understand what I was responding too. You didn't even bother to read my response, that is obvious. Yes, if you read the OP's comments - he wants to invite a family to live with him and his family. You need to start reading a bit more instead of complaining.

While there is a homeless problem in Chicago - they are being taken care of, they have food and shelter.
edit on 3/19/2011 by kroms33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle

Originally posted by kroms33
reply to post by TheOracle

Oh, so you have been to Chicago and have seen how our suburbs are? I mean, seriously... what an uneducated comment (what should I expect from ATS right?). I live in a very nice suburb... most suburbs are pretty expensive. There are lots of Japanese people here, there are lots of other cultures too.

It was a joke
Never been to Chicago unfortunately

Ok. The reason I flew off the handle is because while you were joking, and while you have never been to Chicago - the suburbs are where a lot of the Japanese American population live.

www.mitsuwa.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I dont know what to think about this. Its a great gesture by the OP & others, i guess im a little jaded from society, but the 1st thought that came into my head was this is a great way for a serial killer to get some victims! I genuinely hope you're a good person OP and others offering to take in complete strangers from another country!

I think we Americans could use the many jobs you're offering first and foremost. I dont care the circumstances.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Hey samlf3rd.. said these same things here..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ttp://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread674761/pg2

I'm glad you made this thread.. I was going to!

Time spent on this site has my time only when I can...

I don't have the same in the way of exceptional living conditions.. however.. it's clean and the Door's are open.

Only room for Two..

Love your heart OP!

Jesse

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Firstly, my comments are not directing pointed towards the OP, although somewhat, but mostly towards many like comments I have read. For example, "let's give them Utah"; "Send them to Australia, Canada", blah blah.

Nobody is going to "send" them anywhere. They are a free, intelligent people who will decide if they want to leave, and if so, they will determine where they go. If they decide to leave, some might want to come to the US, others might want to go to Australia; Canada, and so on. They will probably go where they know someone, or where they can find work.

Secondly,as they are a resourceful country, most of them will remain and rebuild their country, as any of us would do if our country was in trouble.

Please stop talking about them like they are pieces on a chess board. They will self-determine what they want to do. If they begin wanting refuge in other countries, they will make this known.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
What an amazing discussion so far, I can't take the time to respond to respond to everyone overnight.

But, good news, I am installing the Joomla (a Content Management System) for the web site.
I purchased the domain which is disasterrelocation.org
The web files are almost installed, and the domain should be live in a few hours, I will post a link in a sec so you guys can see the site and give some input.

As far as our melting pot here we really created a very good and in-depth discussion. We needed a Hare as bad as we need a Turtle. Diversity is where brilliant ideas come from. Some people cannot express an idea other than yelling or putting someone down just to do it. Who cares, today I am making a difference, and everyday I try and make a difference in the beautiful metropolitan area of Chicago. Although I live in Indiana I can see the Sears Tower from the highway and it takes me about 45 minutes to get into downtown.

For those of you asking why I don't help people around here, I do, read all the posts I posted. I like helping people-not talking about helping people. So call me what you will while you were bashing this thread I was replying every5 minutes and yes designing a web site for the cause-amazing?

And, those of you who ask why I don't take in a homeless person is----I have tried people stand on street corners everyday all around Chicago. Working construction on the Dan Ryan a couple years ago I saw the same long haired guy with no teeth, and smelled disgusting. I gave him what I could everyday, and on my lunch I would watch him go to the liquor store and come out with a small bottle. I thought, this guy need to be nurtured, so I offered him a job working odds and ends around my house (for reference the Dan Ryan Project in Chicago was a 2-year project, and I always worked down by I57-otherwise known as State and 95th, I got robbed while workers around us were getting murdered). He agreed and I was to pick him up on Saturday morning at the same intersection 95th and State, he never showed. As a matter of fact he moved after 2 years down the street to 71st, I know because I drove around until I found him.
The point is that some people don't want help, they are content with their life and are awaiting the hand of something more than I can offer a homeless person. I can offer people with job skills the opportunity to stay on an account that their country has been and continues to be devastated over and over again.

So please don't leave out the scrutiny, add something to your argument so we can help these people, this is a sandbag line-don't grab a bag if you aren't willing to lay it where it hold the water.
I understand that laws are apparent in this scenario, but people have posted the starting information we need, I even wrote the president to see if his organization can give us a guiding hand, and we have a good group of people who want to be involved.
Thanks again guys, I am going to finish the web install, I will post a temp link.
If you want to help message me-and lend a hand.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jessemole

Awesome Jessie and the rest of you! We will be in contact.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
If the OP is genuine I have utter respect for the offer given to a people who find themselves in the middle of disaster and dark times.
My heart goes out to the Japanese people, though I doubt any of them will take up the offer, and I don't think a life in America is what they need. It will take a great deal of time, energy and integration in a nation very different than theirs.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

Dude! Don't talk out of your a$$...

First of all a refugee is a person who is forced to flea for safety (and it is usually because of religious persecution or war). Right now, Japan is safe bro! Thus if OP wants to accept a Japanese person, as of now, the Japanese guy/gal is going to have to play by the rules and get himself the documents. Besides there are countless Japanese families just like OP who are reaching out right now. I'm sure of it!

Also believe me my friend, when I tell you, that Japanese people would rather starve in their home country than to leave behind all that they believe in which is the Japanese way of life. For instance just think sushi vs. hamburger. Enough said.

Hey don't ridicule my glasses! They are awesome.

edit on 19-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
HELP OUR OWN! We want to adopt... we know there are lots of kids with out family... my wife can not have any children... do you know that we have to be on a waiting list for 8 years... Before we can be considerd has suitable
for adoption. wich means that the child we could adopt is not even born yet. Wich means that all the ones here now can never get adopted by me.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by angeldoll

Looking forwards to seeing your site!

Stay True.. many here are of your same passion! Same thoughts have a power within...

If I can assist in anyway...

Let me know!

But it looks like you got a good bead on this..

Be Wise, Be Well!

Jesse!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I think it is a good and noble idea.
I just wish I could do it.

I have a bad feeling about the relief effort.
I thing it will be like katrina.
slow and no help.
they need to rebuild whole villages.
I bet they just rebuild the cities.
low class people are expendable.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Okay guys, it's installed and I'm waiting for the domain name to propagate, send me some links, and what should be on there, I'm am starting on the Visa information.
From there we can begin building our database of people who are willing to share a space, can someone look through this thread, and message me or email me the list of people and what their accommodations are?
It sure would help.
The site can be translated in many different languages, sorry it isn't all that graphical, we need some pics in the articles.
Can we determine what should be on the home page? An artists that want to match the theme send me your ideas: [email protected]

The site can be viewed through this link until the domain "disasterrelocation.org" propagates: disasterrelocation.org

It's a beautiful day outside people, let's share some of that with the world!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

verrrry touching sentiment.

But somehow, it seems like ATS is the wrong forum to be advertising an invitation to Japanese refugees.

Lots of real people are out there working tirelessly on relief efforts. It takes more then posting a thread on ATS to be a humanitarian.

Seems like a great way to make friends and stars, though

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger
it seems like ATS is the wrong forum to be advertising an invitation to Japanese refugees.

Lots of real people are out there working tirelessly on relief efforts. It takes more then posting a thread on ATS to be a humanitarian.

Seems like a great way to make friends and stars, though

You may try to read the comment that is directly above yours.
Here I'll try to help. Its right up there ^^^^. Just scroll up a little bit.
I'm not going to say that I personally can guarantee any actual help will come from this, but I do think it is safe to say that the OP is not only sharing this invitation on ATS, and he is making an attempt to let this invitation be known.

Some people really don't think the size of their's or any others' flagpole is important. Obviously you do. Sorry about that.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join