Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Send the Japanese to my home. I will take a family of 3-4, many jobs, open-arms.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
To the people of Japan I hope you accept my invitation to come live near Chicago, Illinois and begin a new life. I can offer your family a stay in my home until you can get back up on your feet. There are many jobs in my area for all different types of workers. Simply contact me and we will get your family a plane ticket if you can not afford one and we will pick you up from the airport.
I hope you understand that America is a loving place and the population is a combination of every culture from around the world. We have excellent school systems, and I live in a private gated community with many amenities including an 18-hole beautiful golf course and many lakes, hiking trails, and beautiful sights.
We are a family of 3 (myself, my wife, and my son who is seven) who are very active and outgoing. We understand your tragedy and would truly like to help our friends in a time a need.
Sam

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

If this is a genuine invite then you are a truely loving person and an example for the rest of us to follow.

s&f and I take my hat off to such caring and willing to help

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Thats what I'm talking about,thats real and REAL is not common,the human race needs more people like you.Bless You.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Flying Sorcerer

It is a promise. I'm just afraid to post my my real email in case of bombardment. Please Flag! Serious, I want to help so does my family I can't watch it happen any longer.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Wow, this is an ultimate act of compassion, I wish I had my own place but it sucks that I'm a medical student and I can't do anything! =/

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Thank you guys for the quick response, help flag this. If I can help a family so can everyone else. Heck, email me please keep your posts on this web site just don't over load my Comcast email box FOR TRUE INQUIRIES ONLY:
personal information removed.
edit on Sat Mar 19 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
To the people of Japan I hope you accept my invitation to come live near Chicago, Illinois and begin a new life. I can offer your family a stay in my home until you can get back up on your feet. There are many jobs in my area for all different types of workers. Simply contact me and we will get your family a plane ticket if you can not afford one and we will pick you up from the airport.
I hope you understand that America is a loving place and the population is a combination of every culture from around the world. We have excellent school systems, and I live in a private gated community with many amenities including an 18-hole beautiful golf course and many lakes, hiking trails, and beautiful sights.
We are a family of 3 (myself, my wife, and my son who is seven) who are very active and outgoing. We understand your tragedy and would truly like to help our friends in a time a need.
Sam

You are awesome. Hopefully more people in the world would be as generous as you.

We (my wife and I) are gearing up for possibility of her family coming over. That will be a total of 9. There is the possibility of some of her friends coming over as well. We will be strapped for cash, our house will be packed out....but we'll all be alive and together.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Bless you BROTHER! I am glad that you see, and do not want to be a part of this anymore.
It is time to reach out.
We can do it!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Not that the Japenese don't need help they do..but..if you have many jobs how about hiring some Americans..maybe you didn't realise we are in trouble here as well. And if you have jobs to give away I'm sure there are families right in your neighborhood who could use your help.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by wakeup2change

We can do, we all talk all the time, but what do we do? We are a species of one not many. We should unite and work cohesively throughout our existence as animals do.

I am a web designer and after I get some work done today I am going to make a web site for people from Japan to find people like us to help them.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

S & F from me!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This is a nice enough gesture, but I don't think it's that simple. Nothing has happened yet that would displace people from Japan completely. I don't think anyone from there can yet apply to be a refugee. (Those affected by the tsunami are in shelters, but some are relocating already, and there isn't anything 'yet' wrong with the land itself, at least going by reports of what 'normal' radiation levels are). Without the refugee classification, people would still need to go through the traditional streams to work in the US and get a Visa.

I am Japanese. Fortunately, I wasn't in Japan when the quake struck. But I am supposed to be returning in ten days or so to continue my job search. And, by the look of the markets, I'm not too optimistic. All my higher education was in the US as well, but I wasn't able to find anyone willing to sponsor me.

Interestingly, for the last several years, USCIS has been pushing back the H1B filing date because applications aren't meeting the quota. The economic situation is just soo bad that I don't think companies are willing to sponsor. And you can't just pick up any old job either. It needs to be something that at minimum requires a bachelor's degree.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
If it comes to this, and you come in contact with some kind of placement agency, contact me! We will be glad to take a family 3-4 as well! If they can ship 'em to N Alabama

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Noscible

Well I look at it like this, I watched the news and saw hundreds if not thousands of people displaced from their homes. Entire city leveled, and now you have to worry about radiation in the area. I'm eating apples and oranges to protect myself from any radiation that may fall from this event in my area. And don't tell it is not going to, I am a smart individual-I can tel you that dinosaur sneeze is still floating around in the atmosphere-possibly yours too. So why wouldn't an explosion get a piece of the jet stream and spread it around. And, I know most of the heavy metals will fall into the ocean, okay, well then the water and local ecology is destroyed.

I wouldn't want to live there and I salute you sir for going there. Check Google for how many insurance companies cover earthquakes and hurricanes-almost none. My friend's father is an State Farm Executive and he said their philosophy points that theses areas are well known for natural disasters on a reoccurring level. So why rebuilt there, the land will shake again, a tsunami will happen again, and radiation levels won't stop subsiding until who knows when.

At least we can get the process moving, get them a visa. I will help and I know I can always call on another true American hero Oprah.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

Thanks Tom, I will keep you posted.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Is there anyone near Indiana/Illinois who can help out with this?

What are peoples skills on here?

Can we get some donation links in here too, such as food drop off sites in all major cities?

Let's figure out how we can turn our efforts to help them today, they lost many days. Let's give them at least one day of our own.

Perhaps we need teams, I'll be team Chicago. Anybody?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Here is some info I just found that may help as far as donations. I am looking into the visa laws now. Does anyone know them off-hand? What is involved?

www.redcross.org or give $10 by texting REDCROSS to 90999

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Here is a great list of donation links on Yahoo News:
news.yahoo.com... /20110311/wl_yblog_newsroom/japan-earthquake-and-tsunami-how-to-help

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
reply to post by Noscible

Well I look at it like this, I watched the news and saw hundreds if not thousands of people displaced from their homes. Entire city leveled, and now you have to worry about radiation in the area. I'm eating apples and oranges to protect myself from any radiation that may fall from this event in my area. And don't tell it is not going to, I am a smart individual-I can tel you that dinosaur sneeze is still floating around in the atmosphere-possibly yours too. So why wouldn't an explosion get a piece of the jet stream and spread it around. And, I know most of the heavy metals will fall into the ocean, okay, well then the water and local ecology is destroyed.

I wouldn't want to live there and I salute you sir for going there. Check Google for how many insurance companies cover earthquakes and hurricanes-almost none. My friend's father is an State Farm Executive and he said their philosophy points that theses areas are well known for natural disasters on a reoccurring level. So why rebuilt there, the land will shake again, a tsunami will happen again, and radiation levels won't stop subsiding until who knows when.

At least we can get the process moving, get them a visa. I will help and I know I can always call on another true American hero Oprah.

I certainly feel it is a kind gesture. Americans are some of the kindest, open, laid back people I know. So I do not doubt that your motivations are genuine and altruistic.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to go back to Japan. As I said, I'm Japanese, but I have lived in several places around the world, and traveled to many more. In my mind, Japan is not a desirable place to live. I don't mean at this particular moment, with the turmoil there, I mean, day-to-day sans disasters. I know people are seeing this 'stoic, united, peaceful, orderly' population even in the face of a major natural disaster. But that's just a facade that hides negative qualities. Of course, every country, every nation has its ups and downs, but for me Japan's ups do not outweigh its downs. Buuuuut I have no choice but to go back. It's the only place where I don't need a visa to work.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Noscible because: minor sentence edit

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I applaud you for your generosity. I wish the best of luck to you, and I hope a family in need will take up your offer, We need more people in this world like you. S+F!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join