It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where and what are these markings??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I would really like to know where and what this is... The problem is i can't read german!

Any info on these glyphs would be welcome.

oops...forgot the link..here it is. surf.agri.ch...

[edit on 21-7-2004 by Xayden]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I think you forgot to post the hieroglyphs.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This is the translation of the page.

The rock designs on Crap Carschenna were discovered 1965, by coincidence, by forest engineer P. Brosi. At that time were such praehistorischen ornamentations only south the alps admit (Valcamonica; Upper Italy). The ten Buendner schieferplatten are on a rock edge sanded off by the glacier, which drops from southwest to northeast gently. The designs developed probably by pointed bronze chisels. We do not know to assign them to which praehistorischen culture to today in which millenium the pictures developed and are. After the typology of the rock pictures the geometrical samples at the ehsten might belong in the neolithikum or into the early bronzezeit. The animal and people representations might be from the bronze and eisenzeit.
The plate II. shows a rich accumulation of different large disks from concentric circles with a small bowl in the center. The rock is lengthwise-divided about 8 m long and by a natural Schrund. The largest disk consists of nine circles with two axles standing right-angled one on the other; numerous small bowls; two zigzag lines against the valley down; a horse with rider; several animal representations. Unfortunately the plate is verunstaltet by modern scribblings. Time board ; Kinds of bowl - August 2001

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Try using AltaVista's Babel Fish, it can translate that for you... and oh it absolutely free.

BabelFish

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Thanks Kinglizard!

Interesting..neolithic or bronze age...Guess i'll dig a bit deeper to see if these glyphs coraspond with others around the globe since they don know who actually did them.

[edit on 21-7-2004 by Xayden]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
surf.agri.ch... humi/carp_carschenna-II.htm%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26sa%3DG" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">translate.google.com...://surf.agri.ch/tschumi/carp_carschenna-II.htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsurf.agri.ch... humi/carp_carschenna-II.htm%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26sa%3DG
here is the site in english.

it looks like somekind of strange astrological map................no not that, maybe a strange calendar.

[edit on 7/21/2004 by machinegunjordan]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Well, they're petroglyphs, and I think I've heard them called "cup rings."

Here's the different basic forms:
surf.agri.ch...

Some of the signs do appear to be astronomical (the one sun) though it's hard to tell just on a photograph.

This chart ( surf.agri.ch... ) shows that these forms are usually Bronze AGe and that this type of labrynth form may date to 3,000 BC. They seem to be created over a period of centuries.

I haven't studied European petroglyphs, so I can't say whether it's thought these are magical/shamanistic/territorial markings or something else. But they are beautful!

The report that they are being harmed by casual visitors is sad, though.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Similiar circular glyphs have been found all over the world and have been dated to the early bronze age or about 1200 BC. Theories range from an atlantian language, an extinct system of mathamatics or star charts that correspond with meteors falling to earth. Spanish conquistidors found similiar glyphs on an island off the coast of South America which the local inhabitants themselves could not translate. You will be surprised to find the large assortment of ancient writings, buildings, and glyphs that share a common circular ringed shape, nearly all of these items can be dated to around 1200 BC.

new topics

top topics

join