It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan Government Declares An Immediate Ceasefire

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Looks like the Americans are getting more involved than what they are saying then as the B52s at Fairford belong to them not to us

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
the news lady said that a no fly zone will still be held in place even if there is a ceasefire, to supposedly make sure the cease fire is kept!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
B52's are already in the air, took off from RAF Fairford in the UK this morning

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Ok...Randall says he is watching this live on BBC.

But your link is from the Iraq war...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale

Originally posted by minkey53
B52's are already in the air, took off from RAF Fairford in the UK this morning

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Ok...Randall says he is watching this live on BBC.

But your link is from the Iraq war...

twitter.com...

I've seen them (a couple) this morning going over here and this guy has so far counted 8 that left.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Iv updated the thread with a BBC news article in the original post

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Ok so I have a dumb question here. They declared a cease fire it's all over the news, so are you saying that since the fighters are already on there way they should go ahead and complete there mission because it would be a shame to waste the fuel? I mean seriously if there is a cease fire who cares if they are on the way already.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804

Ok so I have a dumb question here. They declared a cease fire it's all over the news, so are you saying that since the fighters are already on there way they should go ahead and complete there mission because it would be a shame to waste the fuel? I mean seriously if there is a cease fire who cares if they are on the way already.

They have declared a ceasefire, yes.

But as they were just saying on SKY News etc, Ghadaffi isn't very good at keeping his word.

They are going to enforce the no-fly zone, whatever.

So they have to take out his anti-aircraft missile batteries and other things to make sure it's safe for us to fly around over there.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

If there is one thing that he is good at it is surviving and I promise you he is not stupid. The man has been in power for 42 yrs do you really think he is going to attack an allied force? They are going to enforce a no fly zone. That does not mean take out ground targets, or at least they shouldn't without probably cause.

I am fairly sure that he know the consequences of breaking the cease fire. Basically he was counting on Russia and China to Veto. They didn't and know he is backtracking because he realizes they are going to actually do something instead of just talking.

That is my take on it. The only thing that I was pointing out is you were making it sound as if becaus they were already in the air or on the way there was no way to stop a war or something. I mean honestly that's like saying ok we are going to drop a nuke on so and so capital, Oih they surrendered? Well to bad we already have the plane in the air so we will just nukethem anyway.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Reports of violence raging despite Libya cease-fireBy the CNN Wire Staff
March 18, 2011 12:35 p.m. EDT

www.cnn.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join