It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I'm probably going to disclose more than I should, especially with a new wave song showing my age
but this video sums up my feelings towards any/all gods.. "I don't believe in you" I would love to believe in something better, but I don't.

I've had my fair share of therapy (labelled a survivor of Ritual Abuse) and my fair share of supporting others who have been abused..

and given the acts I have seen committed on other human beings by those who throw around their love of god, I can not bring myself to believe that any god exists.

If god was so caring, if we are created in his image then why are we such a perverse creation and why does god even allow us to exist?

If we are the image of god, then what does that say about god?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I only replied to this because you identified god with a lower case g. Anybodies idea of god is beneath you. As is your idea of god. This is a question of spirituality that you can only find inside yourself personally. And If taken seriously, it is personal. You have the tools to answer this question yourself with no help. Do not let anybody tell you otherwise.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

Thanks for the reply, I tend to prefer the lowercase "g" and feel that more traditional/cultural than to cause offence, denote atheism (I went to an RC school, and used the lower case the entire time)

Perhaps this should be in rant, aa I feel a little ranty today, seeing as we appear to be on the tipping point that might lead to another war, and more pointless lives lost.

hence my questions... more pointedly aimed at god and myself.

edit on 18/3/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
We can not understand why God allows pain in the world.That is not for us to understand.All I really think he ask is for us to have faith in him no matter what comes our way.I 'm not into church, I am a believer...I don't find it a sign of weakness to still believe,but a sign of strength.In a world were everyone is asking WHY? You just need to have faith...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
reply to post by AnimositisominA

Thanks for the reply, I tend to prefer the lowercase "g" and feel that more traditional/cultural than to cause offence, denote atheism (I went to an RC school, and used the lower case the entire time)

Perhaps this should be in rant, aa I feel a little ranty today, seeing as we appear to be on the tipping point that might lead to another war, and more pointless lives lost.

hence my questions... more pointedly aimed at god and myself.

edit on 18/3/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

god wont reply you silly billy, unless you use a capitol G and ask for his help when your life is in dire need.

We call it our conscience elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
the "Lord God" you are referring to is most likely who we all otherwise know as Jupiter-Ba'al aka Zeus. Zeus (Enlil) came to power by cutting off his dad's (Anu/Uranus) nuts (apparently) and betraying/exiling/demonising his brother (Enki/Poseidon) as the Serpent.. seems like that's the only way things ever change in the Cosmos, really.

If that's too jumbled (it's early) think about it like this, Jupiter-Ba'al (or just Jupiter) went by Jove in Rome, pronounced Yoh-way (Yahweh?) - Jehovah - Jah.

Even Jesus is a throwback to Zeus - YVHV + Zeus = YV-Zeus = Yah-Zeus

Zeus was actually credited with creating 5 races - one of which coincides with the Mayan creation tale of creating man out of wood (Zeus created a race out of Ash wood) - and he was well known for destroying his creations when he tired of them - or they grew unruly. Prometheus has a certain "light bearer" quality about him too, wouldn't you agree?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

You are waking up. The signs are there for you to follow. You will know, do not worry. Just let go and see what you are being shown.
We can answer questions for you, but you must see it to understand. Do not worry, you are on your path. Look for the clues that speak to you.
Don't be afraid, there is nothing to fear. Remember who you are, remember that you wouldn't do this to anyone, and neither would your FATHER!
Love and forgive yourself, you were asleep, yeah you/we messed up. You/we can love, you/we are good.
Their is no judgement, except when you/we judge.
It's all lies! You/We were asleep and now it is time to wake up!

Why would god? Not my god, their god, and they can have him.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies.. and I am sorry for being a bit of a downer, not my usually disposition.. I guess I was in a bit of a mood today looking at the what is happening around the globe, and where we as a race seem to continually be heading..

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

There is always the question of "What if there is no answer to Why?" Many people don't want to go beyond their perception of what God is. Their truth is what has been taught to be acceptable from early child hood and so there it begins and ends. And..to step beyond this belief can have very bad feelings of guilt that they will be punished or die. I think that once your mind has been trained to a certain theory , it is almost impossible to change your mind set.
As members of the Universe, we have been given the power to make or break our own destinies on this beautiful planet. It has been mostly us that has brought on the horrors of what is happening on Earth. Not counting the Natural disasters that will always be with us. It is the many misplaced priorities that has caused so much suffering. You see this everyday, the senseless wars, violence, greed, shocking behaviors and so on. I think we are better than this or at least I am hoping we are.
Never stop with just one theory, always keeping searching for the truth. To stop and just agree can be an ignorant existence. Go beyond the boundaries and you may like what you find out there and then again it could be harsh and hard, but the human spirit will survive it.
I am thinking you are very young and searching for something that makes sense out of all this chaos. I too am searching and I still think this is the best advice for all of us. and would do the most good.
....Do unto others as you would have them do unto you....I
edit on 18-3-2011 by ellieN because: add to

new topics

top topics

join