It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin and NASA Messenger Mission related?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
We have dozens of YT videos which left many of us including myself confused, they show how comet Elenin's alignments appear to match Earth mega Disasters. If this is true than it means that we must re-think this Comet's size and classification.

First let me state that I do believe Elenin is a comet and that there is no danger for Earth what so ever.Still I cant help myself from being a skeptic on this whole thing.

Today we had the news regarding MESSENGER reaching Mercury's Orbit. Yesterday I was looking through Comet Elenin's orbit diagram looking for alignments with other planets of our solar system and check if there was any anomalies observed like for example the newly discovered storm on Saturn and the ice melting of Mars so I immediately checked Mercury's alignments with Elenin and the Sun.

Something special about Mercury makes it a candidate for observation since :

Question 3: What is the nature of Mercury's magnetic field? Mercury has a global internal magnetic field, as does Earth, but Mars and Venus do not. By characterizing Mercury's magnetic field, MESSENGER will help answer the question of why the inner planets differ in their magnetic histories.

So observing Mercury/Sun/Elenin Alignment is very close to observing Earth/Sun/Elenin alignment.

Source : Mercury: The Key to Terrestrial Planet Evolution

Interesting Alignment on the way!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee89bd7c59c1.jpg[/atsimg]

Source : Elenin Orbit Diagram

LINK TO FOLLOW MESSENGER'S MISSION TO MERCURY

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Sorry I don't see the relation.

What does Mercury's magnetic field have to do with Elenin?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
You know the answer is the golden ratio. If Elenin is really f/in there! Its simple. Never underestimate the power of what? You.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

if elenin's alignments did effect us in anyway wouldnt be wise to check in advance what will happen to a planet with its magnetic field same as yours being sandwiched between the Sun and Elenin?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

But Elenin doesn't even come near Mercury.

And how would it effect Mercury's or Earth's magnetic field?

I think you've just confused the situation even more with this thread...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

But Elenin doesn't even come near Mercury.

And how would it effect Mercury's or Earth's magnetic field?

I think you've just confused the situation even more with this thread...

maybe you missed this video I presume...

compare it to the alignment of SUN/MERCURY/ELENIN :

geeezz is it so hard to relate???

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee89bd7c59c1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Oh they align, right no worries.

We're all gonna die then?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Oh they align, right no worries.

We're all gonna die then?

pls..re-read the thread..you are trolling for nothing..you didnt even grasp the purpose

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Projecting the possible Track Elenin will take is like making a rather wild pool shot IMO. Small errors calculated for the distance and speed Elenin passes Mars will be compounded. We have enough data from the Pioneer program to know the exact mass of each planet. We may not know the exact velocity and position of Elenin right now. Those numbers seem to be variables that will come into agreement over time. At this point the track is still beyond calculation for most of the world scientists.

Elenin was reportedly discovered only recently on December 10 2010 so that would seem to rule out a connection with Messenger unless..... Star for the thread.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

nice post ^^

also like your unless ..it leaves to us all the room for speculation..

unless...they already knew about Elenin
unless...it is not a comet
unless...it is really effecting our planet already
unless...everything is fine and I just need to get on with my work :/
edit on 18-3-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
at least we can agree on the fact that unless Elenin may really cause some problems to our Planet..Mercury's Alignment is sure a must watch for NASA..right?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
no the sun is going to shoot plasma at the asteroid and Messenger is going to see what the affects are on Mercury. watch this video, and check out the rest of this guys videos. pretty amazing stuff... he talks about the pole shifts, the asteroid, planet x, what is real and whats not. everything...

i never even considered the whole asteroid thing a problem because i was so caught up in 'Nibiru' being plabet 'X'....it's not.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
By the way where did you get this picture of the planetary alignment? It is very rare for the gravity wells of so many planets to effect the track of an asteroid or comet.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
No. It is not related.

The Messenger mission was conceived in 1998 and selected in 1999. Comet Elenin was discovered last year.
messenger.jhuapl.edu...
edit on 3/18/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

It comes from nasa's jet propulsion lab. Check it out. you can run the path of elenin as far as you want and you can see different allignments. Play with the controls for awhile and see what ya think. By the way I am very curious for late september and october. If you run the sim you will see what i mean. Here is the link.

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I see where your thinking was going on this, and i got to say it is something i never considered. Thank you for giving me something to keep an eye on and to think about.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
No. It is not related.

The Messenger mission was conceived in 1998 and selected in 1999. Comet Elenin was discovered last year.
messenger.jhuapl.edu...
edit on 3/18/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

dont tell me you did not expect me to know that

Thread Summary

- I am curious about the YT videos relating Elenin/SUN/EARTH Alignments to mega disasters here on planet Earth

- If Elenin's alignments are causing mayhem that means it may not be a comet

- If its not a comet, they knew of it many years ago

- if they knew its coming, mercury is the ideal candidate to observe an alignment with Elenin

try to be a human once in a while and expand your imagination hollywood style

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bordon81
By the way where did you get this picture of the planetary alignment? It is very rare for the gravity wells of so many planets to effect the track of an asteroid or comet.

here we go :

Elenin's Orbit - Go to Jul 7 , 2011

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I don't believe for one minute Elenin was only found dec 2010,they knew about Elenin for a long long time,there no way with all the eyes in space NASA have that they didnt know about it before dec 2010,and i totally see were the OP is coming from with this thread,and if like i believe they know about Elenin for a long time,it makes logical sense..

End of the day,there is nothing we can do about elenin,us poor folk will have to ride it out on the surface,and hope it pass's without problems (worried)

edit on 19-3-2011 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Asking questions is trolling now?

Awesome!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join