It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking! Military Action Against Libya Within Hours: France

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

Thanks for update, do you have a source for this statement...

"They have received advance orders to preemptively bomb any troop movements" ?

Hi Itop1,

The source is a live satellite feed of French TV news, either iTele or BFM TV unless it was one of the main channels TF1 or FR2 as I was zapping between them for news. This was however repeated twice by the journalist given that I was in disbelief at the statement the first time. This was stated while the representatives of various nations were departing at lunch time from the Elysees Palace. I didn't note the statement source as I wasn't planning on posting, but I then came across this thread.

Currently his good old pal Sarkozy said he assassinated his own population and therefore has lost any claim of legitimacy. I assume that we could say the same of Sarkozy if CIA trained mercenaries attacked him in France and the French Army retaliated? Remember these were old friends, and Sarkozy went on to sell him the very planes we can now find scouting his skies, possibly because only these can win against another Rafale?

I don't know if Qaddafi got them, but it seems that an order was placed for over a dozen Rafales in January 2007 and possibly delivered during Sarkozy's term?

l'Avion de Dassault-Aviation viens de trouver son premier client, la Libye a decidée de commander 13 à 18 avions Rafale pour un montant de 2,5 milliards de dollars !

Translated: "Dassault-Aviations airplane just found its first client, Lybia decided to order 13 to 18 Rafale planes for a total of $2.5 billion !"

French Defense Source: Lybia orders the Rafale

This is not confirmed as I have not researched it further, but it might explain why the USA is sending aircraft to any French Air Force bases throughout that country for operations to be run tactically by those who know the Rafale's great air battle capabilities best. The French will be also using Mirage 2000-5 (the Dash 5 models)jet fighters. This was stated in a press conference by French Colonel Thierry Burkhard. He stated the direct support for operations which is visible, including C-130 transport planes and strategic communication AWACS will have a strong less visible logistics support. French Navy Frigates are present and the flotillas with Rafales and Super Etandards will be dispatched and the French Aircraft Carrier will be sent out tomorrow.

He further stated that ongoing operations include the Forbin and Jean Bart frigates while some 20 jet fighters were launched including first 4 Rafales, in a long mission with refueling above Corsica on the way there another scheduled on the way back. Also a real-time data collection patrol was engaged across the border for intelligence purposes. A patrol of Mirage 2000-D for Air to Ground 'support' (this means attack) prepared to target military objectives and Mirage 2000-5 air superiority (fighter planes) were dispatched as air protection of the heavier armament patrol. Additional aircraft (A2 ?) with heavy Air to ground weapons were sent over Libya.

"At present there have been no reports of Military Engagements. The order to open fire has been delegated to the level of the patrol, because the UN resolution is extremely clear about this, and the pilot is authorized if the situation requires it to OPEN FIRE."

"The structure of command is still being put into place. There will be strikes if there is a reason to strike."

Colonel Thierry Burkhard today at 5:50 PM French Local Time.

I hope this replies to your query.

Getsmart

edit on 19-3-2011 by Getsmart because: France needs oil now that their 58 Nuclear Powerplants have become vulnerable... to attack?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Getsmart

I agree with most of what you said, but if Qaddafi is so merciless towards his people: why is the percentage of Libya's population 1/4 of the US? Why was he trying to nationalize Libya's oil, and why does Libya have some of the highest living standards in Africa?
Libya being one of last sovereign nations not under control of a Zionist controlled central banking scheme, it's no wonder outside powers are propping up the small rebel group and attempting to prevent Qaddafi from eliminating it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Getsmart

Thanks for update, do you have a source for this statement...

"They have received advance orders to preemptively bomb any troop movements" ?

Hi Itop1,

The source is a live satellite feed of French TV news, either iTele or BFM TV unless it was one of the main channels TF1 or FR2 as I was zapping between them for news. This was however repeated twice by the journalist given that I was in disbelief at the statement the first time. This was stated while the representatives of various nations were departing at lunch time from the Elysees Palace. I didn't note the statement source as I wasn't planning on posting, but I then came across this thread.

Currently his good old pal Sarkozy said he assassinated his own population and therefore has lost any claim of legitimacy. I assume that we could say the same of Sarkozy if CIA trained mercenaries attacked him in France and the French Army retaliated? Remember these were old friends, and Sarkozy went on to sell him the very planes we can now find scouting his skies, possibly because only these can win against another Rafale?

No problem
i think we can all agree on one thing.... bombs will start flying soon.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
5:52 p.m. Update One source in the French military said that about twenty French aircraft operating in the Libyan airspace. Also, there is a French aircraft carrier on their way to Libyan waters. That should arrive tomorrow. (Reuters)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Update 1653: France will send an aircraft carrier to Libya, the French defence ministry has told AFP.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
reply to post by Itop1

Gaddafi and friends

Sorry im not sure why you posted this? Gaddafi was a friend of the west before he started slaughtering his people...

Things might be different than what they appear

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Itop1

Gaddafi and friends

Sorry im not sure why you posted this? Gaddafi was a friend of the west before he started slaughtering his people...

Things might be different than what they appear

They might, anything is possible, but personally i dont think so, i think eventually gaddafi will die in an airstrike or get taken out by Special Forces, gaddafi was once a friend but now he has lied to the internal community and killed so many innocent people, i think his time has come.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Update 17:56

@mpoppel: REU: FRENCH PLANE FIRED FIRST SHOT AT 1645 GMT ON A VEHICLE -DEFENCE MINISTRY

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
JUST IN!!! update.... A French jet has taken the first shot in libya at 4:45 on a ground viehcle!!! that was 15 minutes ago,

This was just on BBC live

link   
reply to post by Itop1

That is what we all see on TV I agree.

link   

Update 17:56

@mpoppel: REU: FRENCH PLANE FIRED FIRST SHOT AT 1645 GMT ON A VEHICLE -DEFENCE MINISTRY

you beat me to it

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Ohw I see that you are updating from the same source. I will seize posting

edit on 19-3-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Apologies before hand ...but..

I'm really at a lost with this Libya ordeal......

A group of people are not happy with the country they are living in so decide they will take it over BY FORCE
When the leader of the country tries to defend it with whatever means necessary he has the wrath of the
UN aka TPTB - to deal with - Is Gaddiffi not allowed to defend the country then?

Don't get me wrong I know he isn't exactly teeming with morale fiber but then who is.....

I just don't get where the line is i guess.....what gives us the right to interfere?
If its a case of innocent civilians are dying well don't want to sound shallow ...buts whats new....
The US(Gov) is guilty a thousand times over of killing innocent civilians along with numerous other Govs(public relations) so i really don't get it.

If you were the president/leader of a country and 'Rebels' wanted it - Would you just hand it over ?

When did we start helping 'Rebels' anyway........

I guess it's all part of the chess game and it's nothing to do with Gaddaffi or Libya or 'Rebels' or innocent lives...
That would make sense.....

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
So WAR started !!!!! and somebody preaching on these forums about human awakening

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PplVSNWO

Thanks...I should have read more of this thread
Now it all makes sense...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Someboday....?
Care to name names ?

What difference does it really make anyway

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Although we have to be worried how far this can escalate, it would be very interesting to see some close air to air combat with modern jets.

I dont even think libya will get jets off the ground before theyre destroyed.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Global consciousness
Apologies before hand ...but..

I'm really at a lost with this Libya ordeal......

A group of people are not happy with the country they are living in so decide they will take it over BY FORCE
When the leader of the country tries to defend it with whatever means necessary he has the wrath of the
UN aka TPTB - to deal with - Is Gaddiffi not allowed to defend the country then?

Don't get me wrong I know he isn't exactly teeming with morale fiber but then who is.....

I just don't get where the line is i guess.....what gives us the right to interfere?
If its a case of innocent civilians are dying well don't want to sound shallow ...buts whats new....
The US(Gov) is guilty a thousand times over of killing innocent civilians along with numerous other Govs(public relations) so i really don't get it.

If you were the president/leader of a country and 'Rebels' wanted it - Would you just hand it over ?

When did we start helping 'Rebels' anyway........

I guess it's all part of the chess game and it's nothing to do with Gaddaffi or Libya or 'Rebels' or innocent lives...
That would make sense.....

Peaceful protests happened in the start and instead of allowing this, gaddafi decided peaceful protetsts were not allowed so he decided to use force against them, some of gaddafis top people thought it was wrong and joined the opposition, people were getting killed by gaddafi forces so they had to defend themselves, it kind of spiralled out of control and now you have Gaddafi v Rebels (just a name for the protestors)...

The country belongs to the libyan people, NOT one person, gaddafi does not control everyones lives, people want a democracy, gaddafi does not want them to have that, he wants control, this is the 21st century, im with the libyan people, they are well in their right for wanting democracy and gaddafi will not allow this by killing his people and trying to put fear in to them.

Just because we dont help other countrys doesnt mean we should stand back and let a mad man slaughter thousands of innocent people, hes even been bombing civilian houses with family inside and shooting ambulances, what kind of person is he, hes evil and must be stopped, to me its quite simple, not hard to understand at all.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

5:52 p.m. Update One source in the French military said that about twenty French aircraft operating in the Libyan airspace. Also, there is a French aircraft carrier on their way to Libyan waters. That should arrive tomorrow. (Reuters)

Hi Tribe Of Many Colours,

Not sure what your source was but the French Colonel making this announcement stated that it would be "leaving" tomorrow and not "arriving" then, this was maybe not accurately translated by the foreign press. After 4-months in the Indian Ocean it was in the Mediterranean port of Toulon getting repaired by the naval architects DCNS. These repairs have been cancelled and its sailors are returning to the ship from France's main Aero-Naval base in Landivisiau, Brittany.

It won't make much difference until they decide to launch their major forces which will take at least a few days to get going anyways. It will probably serve to remove the need to refuel in the air by serving as a launch platform, so this is mostly a logistics measure to simplify ongoing operations rather than to increase air power which is already available with the constraints of a 6-hour flight at Mach II. The Rafale is one of the only current military aircraft which can remain in shallow orbit and then choose to descend to either engage in a dogfight or launch a payload of Air to Ground missiles. Currently they are contemplating launching cruise missiles to take out Libyan radar and airports. All is of course presented as a "Humanitarian Mission" to allegedly prevent armored vehicles to enter into Benghazi. No mention by the French of Libyan Rafale planes, if so they'd not be too proud one might expect.

BREAKING NEWS:

French Defense Department spokesman Laurent Teisseire stated on iTele at 6:15PM that A TARGET WAS HIT BY FRENCH PLANES.

EDIT: This was then announced by the French Military HQ that the target was a Lybian Military Vehicle Hit at 5:45 PM.

French Television then shows uncommented footage of a Fighter Plane shot down over a city - presumably the target?

GS
edit on 19-3-2011 by Getsmart because: those crazy dudes are tossing the world into war ! ! !

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
So occupation of Libya just started?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join