It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking! Military Action Against Libya Within Hours: France

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
i bet its too late for Gaddafi now to cease fire...

what do you think ppl..will they still bomb Libya??

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Things have really gone too far in Libya! How would we react if African countries felt that the French government immediately be allocated to the African countries considered this?

There are different ways for a country to kill its citizens without the use of weapons, is not this enough reason to require all countries' governments to resign? food shortages, poverty and destruction of his country's citizens through various products. Have not you noticed that those who govern the world's countries are living longer than the average man? What I mean is that this is so obviously wrong and the reasons for carrying out coordinated attacks against Libya are unfounded.

There is not a reasonable excuse for outside countries to interfere and make decisions outside their country's borders if they are not in agreement, or am I wrong? Governments do not care and the killing continues throughout the world. It's scary and it feels like we are seeing the beginning of the end?! Just a feeling I have...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Protect civilians? Pray, how are they going to do this by air power? The strikes would be undertaken for taking out Gaddafi's military assets. But is providing close air support and/or bombing Gaddafi’s vital installations and assets going to work? Simple answer – No! The UN would also need to get boots on the ground to help the rebels capture key locations and areas of strategic importance. NATO would, in all likelihood, be tasked for the purpose.

So that means more America troops! And considering that North Africa and the Middle East is on the boil, it looks like there’s going to be no respite from the cycle of troop deployment at least for now!

And be prepared to shell out more for your gas!

timesof india.indiatimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I find this disgusting. I can't believe the United States, and the UN are not over helping Japan. The United States shouldn't be the bully on the playground right now, they need to go help out our brothers in Japan.

It makes me sad that one of the most disciplined cultures on Earth is in such a bad situation. They don't deserve this, and everyone knows it.

edit on 04/18/11 by WillNiendick because: Accidental post
New to ATS

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Breaking News: Libya calls for cease-fire amid foreign military moves.

www.cnn.com...

Looks like this one is stopping before it gets started!! Libya halting all military action.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Libya declared the ceasefire last night. The French said the NATO forces will attack today. So ignore the NWO controlled press they are full of BS. I'm in Algeria right now and we are next door to Libya. The Algerians here know exactly what is going on over there.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
reply to post by OrionHunterX

The no fly zone and strikes on his supply chain and the unit positions around Benghazi will cripple his army real fast. If it tries to retreat to Tripoli it will be another road of death just like in the first Iraq war when Iraq's Republican guard pulled out of Kuwait and was slaughtered from the sky.

Agreed! But remember, this wily fox has got his logistics nodes, gun positions and armor meshed into important cities like Tripoli. Now if you try and take them out by air, there's going to be enormous collateral damage with innocent civilians in the firing line. So as I said, you need boots on the ground for battling his forces within built up areas. Or face the consequences of getting lambasted for human rights violations!

Remember, 68,000 innocent civilians including women and children lost their lives in Iraq due to aerial bombardment - Op Shock and Awe! Will they repeat the folly in Libya?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Yes but the news is breaking now across all major outlets. There will be no attack!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
2:53 p.m. Update Libya Misurata and shoot missiles at Zintan notify insurgents in Al Arabiya. It is unclear whether the missiles before or after a government cease-fire was declared. (Al Arabiya)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx
Libya declared the ceasefire last night. The French said the NATO forces will attack today. So ignore the NWO controlled press they are full of BS. I'm in Algeria right now and we are next door to Libya. The Algerians here know exactly what is going on over there.

So Gaddafi has declared a cease fire? Now what does that mean? The rebels want him out and fast. Gaddafi has vowed to stay! That means it's back to square one.
What next? The U.N should offer the despot 24 hours to get the hell out & if he doesn't then they should help him pack. This after freezing all his assets so they can be distrubuted to all of the poor people.

But there's another side to the coin. Is Gaddafi worse than the Mullahs who will take over control after he is deposed? You know what happened in Afghanistan when the Mullahs of the Taliban took over. The Libyans sure are between a rock and a hard place!
edit on 18-3-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Well this just in. Gadhafi says SCREW YOU.

Moammar Gadhafi warned on Friday that "hell" awaits anyone who attacks Libya, as Britain and France were expected to scramble fighter jets against his forces after securing the UN's blessing.

Link to story

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Also reports are coming in that Libyan forces are attacking Misrata.

Government attack on Libya's Misrata kills 25: doctor

Now - its unclear if this is happening now or happened before the cease fire was called. It could also be possible that word of the cease fire just didn't get out to these troops.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Now the no fly zone has been authorised by the UN, UK and French forces will have to take out gaddafi's air defence capabilities in order to safely enforce the resolution... So we will be doing that regardless of any ceasefire.. Also, Fridays are traditionally a day of protest in the Arab world which will in no doubt test this ceasefire with a newly emboldened Libyan populace with the world protecting their backs..

I for one am proud of my government (British) for taking the lead in getting this resolution off the ground whilst the rest of the world dithered (especially Obama) and were willing to let these people die. David Cameron has done us proud indeed and showed that Obama is no world leader with zero balls...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

I hope your seriously joking, that your proud of your country's action agaisnt Libya? you know what your country wants from Libya O.I.L

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
David Cameron has done us proud indeed and showed that Obama is no world leader with zero balls...

Right! Obama is a lot of hot air. Like what has he done to help Japan? Even third world countries are helping Japan with whatever aid they can give. What has Obama done so far? Sweet nothing!

Even the not too friendly Chinese were the first off the block to dispatch rescue teams to the stricken areas. Obama instead withdrew his carrier group to other side of the world due to the radiation alarm! I thought the U.S. Navy carrier strike groups were supposed to fight in a nuclear environment???

Oh never mind. Carry on....

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

I hope your seriously joking, that your proud of your country's action agaisnt Libya? you know what your country wants from Libya O.I.L

Flame away dude.. I am more concerned with people's lives than oil, so whatever the real motivation for this, peoples lives will be saved AND this has the full backing of the international community, unlike Iraq of course...

Proud my country are saving lives

edit on 18-3-2011 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2011 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

He has definitely showed his lack of real world leadership over the last few weeks for sure! Roll on the next election huh?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by WillNiendick

The Pacific fleet is helping Japan.

We have enough forces worldwide that can handle Japan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and if need be fight North Korea and Iran at the same time.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Hmm David Cameron. Another dictator from a long line of dictators. I'm from the UK too but I wouldn't p*ss on David Cameron even if he was on fire. He's not doing anything for the people. He's doing it at the request of his buddy buddies the Rothschilds.........The same as Brown was and Blair and so on......

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e314c057c86f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Flame away dude.. I am more concerned with people's lives than oil, so whatever the real motivation for this, peoples lives will be saved AND this has the full backing of the international community, unlike Iraq of course...

I am more concerned with people's lives than oil

The New World Order doesn't care about peoples lives, they are only concerned with oil, in fact the uprisings have been about oil, the rebels took control over key oil areas in Libya.

this has the full backing of the international community, unlike Iraq of course.

Huh say what? full backing of the international community? oh right sure all cheering for oil for war, and yes just like iraq.

You better wake up.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_SupporterYou better wake up.

Im awake Im awake, and have been since 2002, but what can I do??? All my friends are now awake too.
What can we do!?!??

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join