It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Dave Masko, the latest purveyor of hoax UFO articles.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Do you mean I'm raking Huliq.com through the mud?

I don't really agree that I am. The worse thing I'm accusing them of is being happy to publish unverified, opinion pieces on their website. If they think that's news then that's their opinion.

Plenty of mainstream news agencies do the same and I'll criticise them too when they deserve it.

(edit to add, I see you mean the other writers on the site. I'm not judging them but I do feel that Huliq is not exactly picky about the writers they hire. If other people are happy to associate with that site, that's up to them but surely they must understand that contributing to this site may not be considered in the same vein as a national newspaper)
edit on 31-3-2011 by DrHammondStoat because: stuff

edit on 31-3-2011 by DrHammondStoat because: bad grammar

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat

It would actually be quite fun to see if I could write an article using the same tactics....but then that might make me sneaky and underhand too.

Unless it would be done as an ATS journalist trying to peer into the minds of hoaxers and/or dis-info agents, as that of those who fall for it, and in what way?
You would keep your legitimacy intact.

It would be a blast!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

Dude, your an idiot, and the kid really thinks it happened, he's not trying to make money off it or fame. Thats just a load of bs that you've made up in your own head.

Good work take a stab at people in the dark, your a real man!

Don't you get it? He thinks this is happening to him, even if it is someone else playing tricks.

And by the way where is your proof of it being a blow up doll? Making more up I see.

More false evidence helps you debunk it hey!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Yeah your big enough to talk when he's not here but not big enough to ask him questions when he is! Mate he only stopped coming here, because a bunch of dud munchers kept going on and on. You all never debunked or found out anything there, you just all yelled your opinions as you do.

I got you lots game as well, your just a pack of whingers.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

And its bs you started asking him questions, just feed everyone a little more false info yourselves. I think that you all look like the dis info agents, because you try hard to discredit it, I'm sure like most people on here, when I see all your names saying something is a hoax, I usually believe its probably real, because you lot are full of it.

So if your trying to help the matter your actually hindering it. I would believe anyone but you lot.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Hey, you couldn't debunk if you tried, it only got put in the hoax bin, because of a few whingers, like yourself obiviously.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Hi there. Your loud and EBE/UFO knowledgeable--not . Perhaps designing ATS member arguments? Kept this short, just for you.

Decoy

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Good work

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

sup guys ,thanks for posting this thread ..had a quick look about and came across his claimed credentials ,would be nice if someone could do a track run on him to see if they are what he says they are ...... .Dave Masko is an Air Force News veteran who's filed stories from Washington, D.C., the Middle East, the Balkans and Europe. These days, he's a freelance writer based in Florence, Oregon. Masko's articles have appeared in European Stars and Stripes, The Washington Post, Rolling Stone and other publications. From 1977-1999 he was a reporter for the Defense Department. He's worked with the likes of Walter Cronkite, Colin Powell and Bob Hope. He can be reached at [email protected].

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Just thought I would update this thread as it seems Dave Masko's latest silly story about mysterious metal boxes washing up on Oregon beaches is making the rounds.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems that the UFO world is not the only area that Dave likes to stretch the truth in. He's been in trouble for making up stories about films and actors being in his little corner of Oregon. He's also been putting off tourists and damaging local businesses by making up claims of radiation on beaches and Tsunamis.

www.examiner.com...

A report has come in on October 16, 2010 that there have been sightings of Robert Pattinson and company shooting scenes for "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1" on a closed film set near Brays Point, Oregon. The report comes from Dave Masko,...............UPDATE: Vince Porter, Executive Director of the Governor's Office of Film &Television, refuted the claims both in the article's comment section and in an email to us. The article states that a contact at the Governor's Office of Film & Television confirmed that pre-production was underway and goes on to quote a source. Porter tells us that the Governor's Office was never contacted and confirmed no such thing. Moreover, the Governor's Office checked in with the University of Oregon and found that there are no students registered at the school with the names listed in the article.

www.beachconnection.net...

He’s claimed (erroneously) that Newport residents were recently forced out of bed because of more tsunami alerts, that some coastal residents were told not to eat from their own gardens because of radiation from Japan, that dogs were getting sick or acting strange on the central coast, and most recently that Florence-area beaches were in need of “healing” from what appeared to be some unnamed environmental issue. All of these and other stunningly strange claims he’s made are not true. In one article, he outright claimed the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration had issued the make-believe tsunami alerts. In another, he purposefully misquoted scientists from two Oregon universities.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
Plenty of mainstream news agencies do the same and I'll criticise them too when they deserve it.

Yeah mainstream media is just as bad... just take a minute to look at the news report from Fox that covers the reentry burnup of a space craft below.

The problem really is that 90% of people don't really care about truth, they go for the entertainment. A good story has much more value (and sells books, movies, TV documentaries, etc) that does the boring truth. This is human nature.. it won't change.

Even here at ATS what would all the skeptic have to attack if someone didn't post a good story first? You do a decent thread showing some real facts that can't be debunked... and it dies very fast. Why? Simple, because there is no argument so no skeptic vs believer battles and ATS does not allow one liner "Cool starred and flagged" posts because there really is no more to add.

That is why story tellers and hoaxers will continue... even whistle blowers that started out with the one true story they had... have resorted to adding stories to maintain their fickle audience, who, like the Colosseum in Rome, constantly demand 'MORE BLOOD'

Even Einstein said "Imagination is more important than knowledge" and "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistent one"

So... I wanna know what's in the box
If it was me doing this I would have baked some clay tablets with some weird hieroglyphs on it

Here is that Main Stream Media report on space debris... and remember... these people get PAID for this :shk:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Dave Masko sounds similar to David Icke .

forum.davidicke.com...
edit on 20-2-2012 by johnnymax because: link added

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by johnnymax

Believe it or not I like Icke, i think he genuinely believes in what he says, nutty as some
of it sounds. I know that will get me no respect from diehard sceptics but you can't win 'em all.

( Icke doesn't participate or post in the David Icke forum by the way if that's
what you were getting at?)
edit on 20-2-2012 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
no what i was saying when you take what is false a lie and present it as the truth, this is deception , manipulation of the truth.
deceitfulness.

when you try and make white black, and black white.

Judas icke has sold out the truth and freedom for thirty pieces of silver,

i for one do not do not bow down to the false messiah, leader of the truth movement .

neither have i disappeared down his rabbit hole of deception , as so many have.

like cults sects, apostate churches, who like icke mix enough truth with their false teaching.

As for the moon being a hollowed out reptilian space craft, towed here by the reptilians,

five mile long crocodiles on the moon.

the only thing that is hollow is his head, and the heads of those who follow him.

who have exchanged one false reality for another one.

neither do i believe the royal family are really reptilian aliens that eat children in their satanic rituals.

icke also sharing in the fearne britten interview years ago, that his spirit guides had told him, Saddam Hussein was dead,

which was clearly not the case. how do you tell a false teacher, prophet.

david icke has just made another very big claim , again using what is false to manipulate the truth.

he says he exposes what is false , but if you expose his false teaching, they cannot lock you out of the david icke forum quick enough,

hypocrites, who in reality are frightened and threatened by the truth.

david icke can not save one hair on his own head, nor can his vibrations from a black hole farce.

johnny

edit on 21-2-2012 by johnnymax because: adding link

edit on 21-2-2012 by johnnymax because: david icke can not save one hair on his own head, nor can his vibrations from a black hole farce.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
jesse ventura recently interviewed icke, and asked him to explain his reptilian belief, with which icke told him to F-OFF

And stormed off, maybe he thought Jesse Venturs would see through his facade of deception.

yes i do believe humans can be a host for satanic spirits demons. demon possession ect

many people believe that alot of the ufo alien phenom in is also a satanic deception ?

forum.davidicke.com...

www.christianforums.net...

johnny

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
UFO,S ARE DEMONS

forum.davidicke.com...

some interesting points raised.

johnny

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Clowns like this moron are not the problem. They are the symptom. The root cause is the overwhelming ignorance that this subject is filled with. That very ignorance (displayed hourly on this very forum) is why idiots like this guy can find an audience.

Heck, right now there is some moron reading this thread, generating clicks to idiotic things, thinking to themselves "this guy must be on to something if the debunkers are calling him out!"

Again, it's the useful idiots in this subject that has allowed idiotic crap like this to live in the first place.

Heck, the ultimate sad thing about this thread is the attention it brings to this moronic idiot, which will result in more idiocy down the road. It's a vicious cycle.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
so are you saying its wrong to shine light into darkness, expose a lie with the truth, to give people a real choice,

between false hood and truth.

should we just stand back and watch people being deceived, led astray, who know no better,

and swallow these lies hook line and sinker.

the truth as i see it, there is a lot at stake, infact the stakes couldn't be higher , for the hearts and minds and souls of mankind.

Jesus says you shall know the truth and the truth will set you free.

also what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, but loose his soul.

johnny

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join