It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military action to begin within hours in Libya

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

BENGHAZI: France said Friday military action against Libya would come "within hours", as a UN vote approving air strikes was celebrated by rebels and Muammar Gaddafi's son said his family was "not afraid."

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...
edit on 18-3-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

No source link. And the link you posted is to your edit window so now everyone can edit your post. EVERYONE.

Secondly you have to give us your thoughts on these events. You can't just reprint a portion of a story without using the original source, and not comment on it.
edit on 18-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
So it Seems France will lead the initial action against Libya. I'm not sure how the logistics of this are going to work. I'm assuming Americas support will be essential.

The strikes will come "rapidly... within a few hours," French government spokesman Francois Baroin said after the UN Security Council on Thursday cleared the way for air raids to protect civilians from Gaddafi's advancing forces.

Still not sure how I feel about the military intervention. Im not sure we have a clear goal of what we are trying to do. This is not about regime change, but protecting the rebels, yet to protect the rebels Gadaffi is a target.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
There you go OP.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Sad times.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Mistake mistakes, the story of my life. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
France really hates Libya, I wonder why.......

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

The link speaks of strikes and then in the same breath speaks of a no fly zone.
I thought the UN resolution was to impose a no fly zone only.
Hmmmm very interesting times.
I guess a no fly zone is bombing what you want into the stone age until you feel, maybe they wont fly any aircraft now.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

A no fly zone MUST BE imposed with military action against any threats to air power.

This includes AA, and missile sites, runways and airfields that are used by military aircraft. The destruction of aircraft that are still on the ground and any hostile forces in the air.

This IS a military action. NFZs are not agreed upon treaties, they are the imposition against a flying military power.

The UN resolution expressly prohibits the use of ground forces in Libya so this will not be a full scale armed conflict. This is a UN police action.
edit on 18-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Computer broke down at such a bad time.
The US has no right to do this which essiantially an act of war. No more American intervention. We should be trying to cut spending and stop being global policemen even if the UN or anyone else tells us otherwise.
If my spelling suck it is because I have to use my PS3.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Ya but not only France but USA to Obama speach about possible military action against Libya
here is a video of what he said

Obama: Military Action Against Libya Possible

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
See for me, having military intervention will mean that Libya will never be able to take full credit for their government. They will have to have relied on the west AGAIN to form their governments. The Iraqi and Afghan Governments both lack credibility because they are seen as being set up on the back of western military intervention, not formed by the will of the people.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Canada might be sending 6 cf-18, the government said on the canadian news today, the planes are ready there just waiting for the order, not sure what there waiting for...

fr-ca.actualites.yahoo.com...
edit on 18-3-2011 by dukeofjive because: aded link in french do

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CordDragonzord

This is partly why.....

www.infowars.com...

and this is why I believe the article:

www.upi.com...

I think you'll find most of the Arab nations have alot of goodies on Sarkozy and his wicked ways behind closed doors

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Whatever they have on him bring it out, who cares!. We all know what french are like! "Don't mention the war" to quote fawlty towers lol lol lol! As if France will lead the way in any war. They have shown in the past what they are made of! Nothing to see here unless they can hide behind Germany, The UK or the USA lol lol lol!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Update 12:23 Cameron: "We can not stand by and do nothing. We know where Gaddafi is capable. "

Update 12:20 Gaddafi has warned "life into a hell of those who attack Libya. (AFP)
edit on 18-3-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Gaddafi has warned "life into a hell of those who attack Libya

Sounds like Baghdad Bob, Don't you agree! Sounds like he actually thinks he has a chance against,"The West" as he puts it! lol lol lol

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Breaking. Ceasefire declared.

news.sky.com... 103315954839?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15954839_Gaddafi_Closes_Air_Space_Over_Libya_As_Britain_Sends_Aircraft_To_Enforce_No-Fly_Zo ne%3A_Ceasefire

The Libyan government has announced an immediate ceasefire, less than two hours after Prime Minister David Cameron said British fighter jets would be deployed to enforce a United Nations no-fly zone.

I can't get a good link sorry folks. Check Sky news. This guy is playing a good game and has probably bought himself a few more days at the very least.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Big Raging Loner because: Crap link.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

He likely declared the ceasefire due to offensive counter air operations probably starting within the hour.

I wonder if the air campaign will be called off or continue?

To answer my own question Libyan fighter bombers just hit rebel positions. Its on CNN right now.
edit on 18/3/11 by MikeboydUS because: edit

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Does anyone else feel that this Libya conflict is manufactured?

Just ticks me off to no end that the US has gotten involved again. Couldn't France and Germany handle this one? Or Canada? Anyone??? Maybe Russia?

I guess the 21st century will be the century of US invasion and capture of territory. And the spread of democracy of course.

And the timing of a natural disaster event and this conflict is highly suspicious. Don't know how it worked out so well for the UN.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

So far we are sitting in the back seat and letting the real old school Imperialists, France and Britain, run the show in Libya.

They are the ones who are supposed to be initiating air operations.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join