It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Who made the decision to promote mass Muslim Immigration into Australia?

page: 9
43
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
www.news.com.au...

These really are the kind of people I want to see coming into my Country.




posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar
 


Im not exactly sure what you mean by your first paragraph but what you said in the second one...



All i am pointing out is that regardless how you feel or what your surroundings have obviously projected upon you is that, simply, this world we all call our home, is simply an illusion. You are a product of your environment.


You just reminded me of something someone said in a video i once watched... It has stuck with me ever since and has changed the way i see everything..

"The only realities we know are they ones our brains manufactures.... Our brain receives millions of signals every minute, and we organize them into holograms which we project outside ourselves and call reality."

Whether or not thats what you are referring to, i thought you might appreciate it anyway... If not, thats fine too.
edit on 19/3/2011 by M2298 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CarpenterMatt
 


My Mums house is a 200 year old cottage, it's not that long ago. Still, #ty argument.



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Quote,
Who made the decision to promote mass muslim immigration into australia? end quote

Some bloody Idiot

edit on 19-3-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Tbh with you all, I find it really weird when, and sorry to use this term but it's inevitable here, immigrants of "European" descent, specially British, complain about immigration of people of descents different than theirs.

Sorry, but have you not forgotten how most your ascendants arrived here? Australia was a Penal Colony. A penal colony is a settlement used to exile prisoners and separate them from the general populace by placing them in a remote location, often an island or distant colonial territory.

I don't see how some of you can complain about immigrants of any descent.

I still believe this land belongs to the Indigenous Australians. They should have the right to vote on everything before anyone.
edit on 19/3/11 by TitaniumL because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/3/11 by TitaniumL because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/3/11 by TitaniumL because: (no reason given)


Another Edit: I still can't believe what I'm reading from some of you here. Do you guys really reside in Australia? Tbh I can't believe I'm living among yous. I thought we have become much more opened minded.
edit on 19/3/11 by TitaniumL because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired
 


Agree 100%

I also want to add a slight personal note that affects my local area. In the past 6-12 months there has been a big increase in Sudanese immigrants. The problem we have now is that crime has gone up, i am getting constantly fustrated with the giggerish graphiti on my fence ( that never happened before the Sudanese people started moving in )

The local bottle shop ( liquor store ) has constant thefts and people that are just running out of the store with bottles of spirits. I have groups of about 10-15 sitting around at local parks drinking at midday through the week. These parks and playgrounds are supposed to be for children and families, not drunken gangs!

Not to long ago the police had to set up a mobile police truck at the train station after higher crime, muggings and stabbings!!


All i have to say is WTF!!

It is a reciepe for disaster! I say send them all back home.



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TitaniumL
Tbh with you all, I find it really weird when, and sorry to use this term but it's inevitable here, immigrants of "European" descent, specially British, complain about immigration of people of descents different than theirs.

Sorry, but have you not forgotten how most your ascendants arrived here? Australia was a Penal Colony. A penal colony is a settlement used to exile prisoners and separate them from the general populace by placing them in a remote location, often an island or distant colonial territory.

I don't see how some of you can complain about immigrants of any descent.

I still believe this land belongs to the Indigenous Australians. They should have the right to vote on everything before anyone.
edit on 19/3/11 by TitaniumL because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/3/11 by TitaniumL because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/3/11 by TitaniumL because: (no reason given)


Another Edit: I still can't believe what I'm reading from some of you here. Do you guys really reside in Australia? Tbh I can't believe I'm living among yous. I thought we have become much more opened minded.
edit on 19/3/11 by TitaniumL because: (no reason given)


Your wording and tone betray the fact that you are either non-caucasian or not an Australian. If you have experienced racism or feel uncomfortable here, I apologise.

It is simply not true that most Australian's ancestors were convicts. What's more, you are ignoring the many comments contrary to the opinion that all immigrants are useless and not wanted. They aren't all useless and the good, worthy ones are wanted.

I think it's because it is caucasian people speaking up that some get a bit offended because caucasians the minute they discuss or even mention immigration it's because they are racist.

It is a fact of life that the latest batch of immigrants are finding it harder to become Australian. I don't know any answers, I'm just saying. However, if it is so hard, do NOT try to make this a carbon copy of your own country, just go home.



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
It's called "Colonialism" when White People do it, but it's called "Multiculturalism" when non-White People do it.

Whoever made the decision is an enemy of Australia and its culture and values.
edit on 19/3/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TitaniumL
 


Try living in one of the suburbs with large immigrant population. My above example is 100% true in regards to the Sudanese in the Sth Est Melbourne suburbs.

There is actually a good story coming up on channel 7's Sunday Night show about Muslims and that they will only ever beleive in their religious law's and dont really care about us.

A local swimming pool here had to set aside 50-60k to put up dividing curtains because the Muslim women cannot show their skin. I say let them pay for it or go out and buy their own pool!

Why should the council and pool operator have to pay for it.



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007
 




ssshhhhh. havent you read all this thread. we are not allowed to speak out or comment on our own country. we all must get back into our holes.

you must now prepare for the onslaught. they will now yell at you

* - your a racist

* - you dont own this land

* - you are an immigrant yourself

blah blah blah



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb
 


haha, yeah i looked through and it always happens in topic like this. I know i'm not racist, i dont care what your background is, what colour your skin is, your religion and the many differences we share. I really dont.


It's about people's behaviour, although we cant blame them 100% - it comes down to how they were raised, the country and it's beliefs, custom's and way of life.

It seems though that instead of focusing on them and bringing them here or letting them stay. We as a country and other UN member nationes should be helping these struggling nations. For conditions to be so horrible that these people risk lengthy and dangerous boat trips or hiding from custom's officials after over staying Visa's.

I remember from the Commonwealth games in 2002 ( Melbourne ) 3/4 of the Sudanese team went missing and were never found. They snuck into society... lol i thought that was kinda funny although it was sad as well.


If someone is gonna call me racist, i really dont care anymore. I know i'm not. Those people that critisize us probably havent seen some of innicents and trouble first hand.



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack
 



Firstly, there is nothing illegal about sailing to a country and seeking asylum.. Secondly, what's this "violence" you speak of ?? How many were killed or injured during this violence ?? signature: If you have nothing to say. say nothing..

By law, a person becomes a refugee if they cross one countries border to escape persecution, but if they cross more than one ,then they are classed as ILLEGALS. The people who arrive in Australia from middle east travel down through indonesia and cross several borders to get here, therefore they are ILLEGAL REFUGEES , en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 19-3-2011 by scratcher because:



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb
 


If someone call's me an immigrant i would laugh - i was born here and am an Australian Citizen by rights and law. My parents were born here as were my grand-parents and their parents. I know this for a fact as i have been researching my family tree right back till 1630.

My famly has earnt the right to be here - although i also feel for the Aboriginal people and the way land was taken from them...although to be honest they werent doing much with it at the time. In this current day and age they do need more support and assistance - better education, funding etc.

Immigration today is totally different to immigration 200 or 300 years ago.

Look at it like this, at some point in long past we were all refugees no matter what country you are in now except perhaps Africa ( Cradle of Humanity )


The argument isnt about what country they are in, it should be about why they feel they have to flee their own country. The reason are obvious but it doesnt make it right.

Many refugees that come here are actually well educated and quite skilled, they get jobs and contribute which is great, but why should they still feel the need to come to a foreign nation. Why not stay and help, boost and improve their own economy and political system.... Dictatorship and fear of their government. So then isn't that when the UN should come into the picture??


I think we are focusing on the wrong part of this problem, the cause of refugees in the first place. Not them or their families but the reason they are fleeing and risking everything.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
It's called "Colonialism" when White People do it, but it's called "Multiculturalism" when non-White People do it.

Whoever made the decision is an enemy of Australia and its culture and values.
edit on 19/3/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)


The only difference is western nations occupy another land, cause death and destruction, rape and pilage the resources of another land and then leave with out even an apology in many instances.
Foreigners come to your nation, take your jobs, work for cheap, take the jobs you don't want, fill up the jobs you can't fill, provide skilled labour you don't have and boost your economy while being gratious and thankful in many instances.

On another note, I concur, it is true that there are cases where imigration brings disgruntled stupid youth along with them, who do nothing but exploit the welfare system and engage in criminal behaviour. But there are also many anglo-saxon Australian born and Australian bred who do the same. The only difference between the Australians and the Muslims who engage in this behaviour is the skin colour and culture.



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired
 


Kevin Rudd, he stopped the good policies of John Howard.
Juliar Gillard is perpetuating this nonsense.



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Your wording and tone betray the fact that you are either non-caucasian or not an Australian. If you have experienced racism or feel uncomfortable here, I apologise.

It is simply not true that most Australian's ancestors were convicts. What's more, you are ignoring the many comments contrary to the opinion that all immigrants are useless and not wanted. They aren't all useless and the good, worthy ones are wanted.

I think it's because it is caucasian people speaking up that some get a bit offended because caucasians the minute they discuss or even mention immigration it's because they are racist.

It is a fact of life that the latest batch of immigrants are finding it harder to become Australian. I don't know any answers, I'm just saying. However, if it is so hard, do NOT try to make this a carbon copy of your own country, just go home.


It doesn't really matter what my descent is. If I was given the Australian citizenship then I am Australian regardless of color, religion, descent or whatever. I speak as an Australian, meaning I am someone carrying citizenship of a country harboring peoples of multitude origin, and I like it. If I don't, then I really have a problem and shouldn't be called an Australian. This is what we represent. I you are still in doubt then you should try visiting the Australian immigration website and see what they say about our Country and how they define it.

My post is directed at replies that sound ignorant. Posts like go home or such don't really solve anything. The immigrants are here now and that's where we should start. Think about we solve issues and how they come from a variety of backgrounds. Invite them to 'schools' once or twice a week that teach Australian values.

I wanted to remind some that we are all immigrants, whether old or new, none is better than the other from that point of view. I don't have any issues with people of any color. It just happens that most people complaining about immigrants are caucasians. It's not like someone is making that up. I do understand that some aren't tailored to our liking, they shouldn't be. Like I said above we should be more understanding and tolerant about them coming from different backgrounds. We shouldn't force them into practicing the cultural traditions of any other background. Instead, we should all help each other and accept each other, and accept that we are different and look at the good things that come out of it. We should all learn the Australian values, not forcing caucasian, middle-eastern, indian, south-american, asian etc values only.


Originally posted by Havick007
Try living in one of the suburbs with large immigrant population. My above example is 100% true in regards to the Sudanese in the Sth Est Melbourne suburbs.

There is actually a good story coming up on channel 7's Sunday Night show about Muslims and that they will only ever beleive in their religious law's and dont really care about us.

A local swimming pool here had to set aside 50-60k to put up dividing curtains because the Muslim women cannot show their skin. I say let them pay for it or go out and buy their own pool!

Why should the council and pool operator have to pay for it.

I live in Peakhurst if anyone's interested. It is more multi-cultural, well that's what I see, and I like it very much. I do agree that living among a large amount of immigrants of the same background when you are of a different background would be difficult. It is only natural. It isn't easy to accept something different or new, which is why I mention us learning more about each other and attending some sort of "school" which teaches Australian Values. Not sure if our govt does this but I would wholeheartedly support it.

About the Muslims not believing anything but their religious laws, well what do you expect? It's the same with every other religion and culture. You can't just force something down their throat. It is what they believe in. It's not a problem of Muslims, it's more how we should look at different cultures and backgrounds and learning to accept their beliefs, as long as they do not involve any violence, obviously.


Originally posted by punterdeb
ssshhhhh. havent you read all this thread. we are not allowed to speak out or comment on our own country. we all must get back into our holes.

you must now prepare for the onslaught. they will now yell at you

* - your a racist

* - you dont own this land

* - you are an immigrant yourself

blah blah blah

C'mon mate, it's your, mine, and their country. We are all Australians living under the same laws. We are all immigrants, and we should accept it that way. When you truly accept that from all your heart then you will accept all other immigrants as well. There shouldn't be any differences among us.


Originally posted by Havick007


haha, yeah i looked through and it always happens in topic like this. I know i'm not racist, i dont care what your background is, what colour your skin is, your religion and the many differences we share. I really dont.


It's about people's behaviour, although we cant blame them 100% - it comes down to how they were raised, the country and it's beliefs, custom's and way of life.

It seems though that instead of focusing on them and bringing them here or letting them stay. We as a country and other UN member nationes should be helping these struggling nations. For conditions to be so horrible that these people risk lengthy and dangerous boat trips or hiding from custom's officials after over staying Visa's.

I remember from the Commonwealth games in 2002 ( Melbourne ) 3/4 of the Sudanese team went missing and were never found. They snuck into society... lol i thought that was kinda funny although it was sad as well.


If someone is gonna call me racist, i really dont care anymore. I know i'm not. Those people that critisize us probably havent seen some of innicents and trouble first hand.


Totally agree with this post.

Although I do like to point out one thing in the end, that incidents and trouble are caused by people of any background. When it is labeled, it should be labeled as Australian, because when we start stating "Muslims have done this", "Caucasians have done that", "It's the Asian mafia again", "Aboriginal at it again" etc, it only creates this separation among us, and not a good one.

I'd like to point out that I have witnessed many of the bad incidents myself, I've seen Australians of Lebanese backgrounds causing mischief. I've also seen Australian of Caucasian background doing just the same as well. I won't name the areas where they reside, since I'm not here to promote anything bad.

I like to think that we are all Australians. I like to think we are people from a wide variety of backgrounds living under one ceiling. I like to believe we all live in harmony. I like to believe these many differences make us all more tolerant and more culture-aware. I like to believe that we can learn from each other lots of values.

And sorry for this very long and boring post.



Originally posted by SpeachM1litant

The only difference is western nations occupy another land, cause death and destruction, rape and pilage the resources of another land and then leave with out even an apology in many instances.
Foreigners come to your nation, take your jobs, work for cheap, take the jobs you don't want, fill up the jobs you can't fill, provide skilled labour you don't have and boost your economy while being gratious and thankful in many instances.

On another note, I concur, it is true that there are cases where imigration brings disgruntled stupid youth along with them, who do nothing but exploit the welfare system and engage in criminal behaviour. But there are also many anglo-saxon Australian born and Australian bred who do the same. The only difference between the Australians and the Muslims who engage in this behaviour is the skin colour and culture.


Exactly.
edit on 19/3/11 by TitaniumL because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TitaniumL
 





About the Muslims not believing anything but their religious laws, well what do you expect? It's the same with every other religion and culture. You can't just force something down their throat. It is what they believe in. It's not a problem of Muslims, it's more how we should look at different cultures and backgrounds and learning to accept their beliefs, as long as they do not involve any violence, obviously.


I see what your saying and it does make sense but then think about when we go to another country whether it is holiday or to live.

We are expected to live by their rules and abide by their customs. Try being a women visiting or living in a Muslim country, you may not have to wear a Berka but you would be expected by law to cover your hair.

In some Muslim countries you can be arrested for preaching christianity or waering symbols such as a cross etc.

So i see what you mean, but it's not always so simple. I actually feel at times we are looked at with contempt and hatred... even reverse racism at times ( in extreme cases ) which can be understandable to a degree looking at how white people have treated minorities and other races in the past. By now the majority of us have become more mature and socially responisible and understanding.






I'd like to point out that I have witnessed many of the bad incidents myself, I've seen Australians of Lebanese backgrounds causing mischief. I've also seen Australian of Caucasian background doing just the same as well. I won't name the areas where they reside, since I'm not here to promote anything bad.


I like to think that we are all Australians. I like to think we are people from a wide variety of backgrounds living under one ceiling. I like to believe we all live in harmony. I like to believe these many differences make us all more tolerant and more culture-aware. I like to believe that we can learn from each other lots of values.


That's true as well, but another way of looking at it is, do we really need more people no matter what country you are from heer at the moment.

This is pointed at the state and fed governments - Infrastructure, Public Transport, Roads, housing cost's and cost of living are all suffering.

Public transport in the majority of cities are conjested and beyond a joke, roads during peak hour are insane. Foreign investment sending house prices up and up. In many new estates i see alot of indians buying brand new houses!

If they are so poor or struggling and had to come here, well they are doing better than alot of us that were born here, driving brand new Camry's etc.

Recently on the news an Afghani refugee was killed in a car accident as he an innocent victim of street racing which is sad... but what stood out to me was that the car this supposed refugee was driving was 2010 Toyota Camry... How can they afford all this is they are so poor or struggling that the came here as refugees??

The infrastructure we have is running 10-15 years where it should be and yet they government wnts to keep increasing our population.



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by TitaniumL
 


Try living in one of the suburbs with large immigrant population. My above example is 100% true in regards to the Sudanese in the Sth Est Melbourne suburbs.

There is actually a good story coming up on channel 7's Sunday Night show about Muslims and that they will only ever beleive in their religious law's and dont really care about us.

A local swimming pool here had to set aside 50-60k to put up dividing curtains because the Muslim women cannot show their skin. I say let them pay for it or go out and buy their own pool!

Why should the council and pool operator have to pay for it.


Are you serious about the dividing curtain in a public pool ?? That's kind of ridiculous. I mean they should get their own pool on their property or even go in together and get one to accommodate their beliefs, but expecting the public as a whole to provide it is outrageous. Did the residents of the city get a vote in it? I know here in the U.S. public parks/pools etc. are paid for from taxes.



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee
 


Yeah here are some related news articles;


RATEPAYERS could be stung up to $45,000 to install curtains at a public pool so Muslim women can have privacy during a female-only exercise classes.

www.adelaidenow.com.au...






Isla mmonitor - No Naked Flesh at Local Swimming Pool

dandenong-leader.whereilive.com.au...




edit on 19-3-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
OP just to give you a little tip, Australia was never a christian country, and it infuriates me when people like yourself suggest it is.

Australia was originally inhabited (rather than owned) by the Aboriginal people. Yes immigration is a problem, just be glad you don't live in the UK where its a seriously massive problem (especially when considering Asylum).

But for every Aussie that spouts off about this christian country, it couldn't be further from christian. Australia was taken from its indigenous people, as was north and south america and countless other places across the globe. Australia is a country built on immigration, every single non aboriginal person in this country descends from people who never originated here - how is that any different from what is happening now?

In fact it could be argued it was a lot worse considering the quality of incomings during convict days.



new topics

top topics



 
43
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join