It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wealthy Japan has means to recover: IMF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Interesting.

WASHINGTON (AFP) - The International Monetary Fund said on Thursday that Japan has the financial means to recover from a devastating earthquake and ensuing massive tsunami.

As the official toll of the dead and missing after Friday's quake and tsunami flattened Japan's northeast coast topped 15,000, the IMF stressed that Japanese authorities were taking the right steps to deal with the disaster.

"The most important impact on Japan is the humanitarian one," Caroline Atkinson, an IMF spokeswoman, said at a news conference.

Read the rest of the article here.

It's funny in one breath the IMF says that Japan doesn't need any money, cause they are so strong economically, and in the same breath say the biggest goal is to "revive" Japan's economy.

So the IMF is basically saying, no rich country, no money for you, we save all of our loans for the countries who are willing to sell their public services to corporations for pennies on the dollar.

And here I thought that the banking cartels would be foaming at the mouth over this disaster.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Your comment on the IMF.....you hit the nail right on the head

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Yup.

If there's anybody who has plunged third world countries into even deeper problems, more than all the others imo, it's the IMF.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
So the IMF is basically saying, no rich country, no money for you, we save all of our loans for the countries who are willing to sell their public services to corporations for pennies on the dollar.

And here I thought that the banking cartels would be foaming at the mouth over this disaster.

Believe me, as soon as Japan is economically devastated and sufficiently desperate, the international banksters will be offering pennies on the dollar quicker than they devoured Merrill Lynch and Lehman Brothers.

join