It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Embassy Interference In Indo-US Nuclear Deal Exposed by Wikileaks.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
It seems to me that US government wants to interfere, in everything that happens in the world. The new diplomatic cables released by wiki leaks, shows US embassy persuaded ruling political party in India to gain support for Indo-US civil nuclear deal (2008), by bribing the opposition leaders for gaining their support.

US tried to woo BJP on N-deal: WikiLeaks

Mar 18, 2011 at 11:41am IST:
New Delhi: The United States Of America had tried to woo the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) at the cost of the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) coalition on the Indo-US civil nuclear deal issue.

According to the latest WikiLeaks cables reported by 'The Hindu' on Friday, Washington was so keen on a nuclear deal with India that its then ambassador David C Mulford worked to "put Sonia Gandhi in a box" by meeting and trying to woo the then leader of opposition LK Advani.
Source.

Wikileaks: Congress party 'bought India votes'

It describes how a senior Congress aide showed a US embassy official "chests of cash" to pay off MPs ahead of a vote over a controversial nuclear deal.

The cable by US official Steven White said that the embassy employee had met Nachiketa Kapur, an aide of senior Congress leader Satish Sharma.

It says that Mr Kapur told the embassy employee that "money was not an issue at all, but the crucial thing was to ensure that those who took the money would vote for the government".

The embassy employee said he was shown "two chests containing cash and said that around $25m (£15.5m) was lying around the house for use as pay-offs".
BBC

Why would some Indian Politician would show such a money to US embassy official, which he will use to bribe the opposition leaders.

The US embassy spokesperson, has so far refused to comment on wiki leaks cables. I am not much surprised by this US Intervention in India, as I know their are many puppet politicians in India and other third world countries, planted by various secret societies currently ruling the US and rest of the western world.

Sonia Gandhi AKA Edvige Antonia Albina Maino, was named the third most powerful women in the world by Forbes magazine in 2004. She is the president of the Indian national congress which is the current ruling party in India. She has also faced accusations regarding large amounts of Illegal money, stashed in her Swiss Bank Accounts. Some people also claim that she was planted in India by P2 masonic lodge of Italy. So, her involvement in this scam, does not surprises me.

I think this systematic disclosure of diplomatic cables of various countries, was pre-planned by the capitalist elites. It is a great plan to destroy the governments around the world. And then make a secret one world government, which would be run by puppet politicians. NWO is a movement run by the capitalist elites and it is aimed at, persuading maximum number of prominent political and religious leaders to join them in their nefarious agendas.

And by secret one world government, I meant the government which is by the elites and for the elites. We will not be seeing on the surface a one government ruling the whole world, but an invisible government of elites, is definitely becoming a reality.

edit on 18/3/11 by vinay86 because: Content.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

Why is this an issue, and why is it always targeting the US. You dod understand that India actually lied about their opeaceful nuclear program back when Indira Ghandi was the leader of India right? India has a nuclear weapons program that is not declared, just like Israel and Pakistan.

Why would we not try to influence politics in countries on issues like this?

Just ebcause we ask or exert pressure doesnt mean the country will comply with US requests.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Thanks for posting, This nuclear deal happened in 2008, and it was already approved by the govt. in 2008. And these leaks have shown US influence over this deal. Why the US embassy official was involved in this corruption scam, the acceptance of such deals is an internal political matter of Indian government.

Persuading the government by telling the benefits of the deal is acceptable, but when money is exchanged to gain support, then it is unacceptable. The US embassy official clearly acknowledged the involvement of money in the cables.

WikiLeaks exposes US interference in India

New Delhi, Dec 18: The US embassy cables from here leaked by WikiLeaks provide "a revealing picture of Indo-US relations and the extent of US interference in India's domestic political affairs", the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) said today. "The manner in which the US embassy intervened to influence Indian political parties and opinion makers on the nuclear deal, the pressures on foreign policy matters such as the attitude towards Iran, are all laid out," it said in a statement.

"As the WikiLeaks cables from around the world have shown, the US pursues single-mindedly its imperialist interests. The unfortunate part is the complicity of the Manmohan Singh government in furthering some of these interests," the CPI-M said.
Asianage.com

Cable 10

10. (S) Sharma's political aide Nachiketa Kapur mentioned to an Embassy staff member in an aside on July 16 that Ajit Singh's RLD had been paid Rupees 10 crore (about $2.5 million) for each of their four MPs to support the government. Kapur mentioned that money was not an issue at all, but the crucial thing was to ensure that those who took the money would vote for the government. Kapur showed the Embassy employee two chests containing cash and said that around Rupees 50-60 crore (about $25 million) was lying around the house for use as pay-offs. Source.

Why some Indian politician would show such payoff money to an US embassy official. Please connect the dots.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

US embassy refuses to comment

NEW DELHI: The Embassy of the United States on Thursday refused to comment on reported WikiLeaks disclosures that quoted one of its officials as saying that the Congress party had paid huge sums of money to lawmakers to win a confidence vote in parliament in 2008.

In a statement, a US Embassy spokesperson said: "The Department of State does not comment on materials, including classified documents, which may have been leaked. We cannot speak to the authenticity of any documents provided to the press."

truthdive.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Why would we not try to influence politics in countries on issues like this?

Just ebcause we ask or exert pressure doesnt mean the country will comply with US requests.

So exactly what pressure has the US exerted on Israel to come clean on it's nuclear program??

If it was in the open Israel would loose ALL US aid..

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Hillary directs spying on Indian diplomats'

Washington: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton described India as a "self-appointed front-runner" for a permanent UNSC seat and directed US envoys to seek minute details about Indian diplomats stationed at the United Nations headquarters, according to classified documents released by WikiLeaks on Monday.

In a potentially damaging disclosure, the whistle-blower website released a "secret" cable issued by Clinton on July 31, 2009, as part of its massive leak of a quarter million classified documents of the American government.

The cable posted by The New York Times gave directions to US diplomats to collect information on key issues like reform of the UN Security Council and Indo-US civilian nuclear deal and pass it on to the intelligence agencies, including on foreign associates' credit card and frequent-flier numbers that could be used to track a person's movements.
Source.

This type of spying and intervention of US has been going on from a long time, this clearly shows how much desperate American government is, to push its agendas in other countries, for accomplishing its own selfish motives.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Vinay,

What makes you believe Wikileaks?

Just because they speak anti government? Just because people are fed up with governments, and since wikileaks speak against them, you BELIEVE them? And so does Anna, and masses believe him?

What if they are a ploy by the Govts themselves to get trust established in wikileaks...? And then later use them as a tool ?

Do you know anything about mass psychology?

I don't wish to debate on this - you are right and you win. The one with a heart and inner eyes will understand what I am trying to say.

Rgds,

ireign888

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I wish somebody would offer me "chests of cash" to shut MY yap.

I'm available to be bought.

new topics

top topics

join