It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 19th Supermoon photo opportunity? (moon bases, remote viewing and anonymous phenomena)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Hey all,

I've been thinking as of late about the various stories of lights and objects moving across the lunar surface throughout the last couple of decades, which have obviously gone completely investigated by any authority. These lights were even appearing before and during the Apollo 11 mission to the moon.

Before I get to the point, and to better give background to what I am saying, I would recommend reading this book through to the end. Ingo Swann was able to correctly predict various attributes of Jupiter via remote viewing, before they were even knownin September 1973 just after NASA had launched Pioneer 10 to report back its findings. Ingo decided to remote view Jupiter in an experiment before the results form Pioneer came back.

Excerpt:
These raw data factors are enumerated below, accompanied by the dates
they were confirmed.
1. The existence of a hydrogen mantle: Confirmed September 1973,
again in 1975.
2. Storms, wind: Confirmed 1976 as to dimensions and unexpected
intensities.
3. Something like a tornado: Confirmed 1976 as strong rotating
cyclones.
4. High infrared reading: Confirmed 1974.
5. Temperature inversion: Confirmed 1975.
6. Cloud color and configuration: Confirmed 1979.
7. Dominant orange color: Confirmed 1979.
8. Water/ice crystals in atmosphere: Confirmed 1975.
9. Crystal bands reflect radio probes: Confirmed 1975.
10. Magnetic and electromagnetic auroras ("rainbows"): Confirmed
11. A planetary RING inside the atmosphere: Confirmed 1979, not only
as to its existence, but as being inside the crystallized
atmospheric layers.
12. Liquid composition: Confirmed 1973, 1976, as hydrogen in liquid
form.
13. Mountains and solid core: Still questionable, but suspected as of

Ingo Swann - Penetration - The Question of Extraterrestrial and Human Telepathy (give it a few minutes to load as it's a big pdf document)

After the first 50 pages or so, the book goes into great detail on reasons why we all suddenly decided that the moon was no longer an interesting place even after the cold war era obsession with the moon. Also outlined are the unknown reasons behind the uninvestigated
anomalies on the moon and why the lunar landings took place in extremely uninteresting and barren areas, where anomalies had previously not been seen.

It's an extremely interesting read, if you would like further background on the author of this book and the truth in his words then this thread will provide as much info as you need.

Ingo Swann - Remote Viewing

Anyway, to the point. The moon is about to be closer to the earth than it has been in 18 years. If any of you have decent enough equipment, telescopes and the ability to record the data, this might be an ideal opportunity to get as many high resolution images of the moon as you can. With the ability to spread images that you might take over the internet, unlike 18 years ago, it could be interesting to focus on the various "unnatural" phenomena that have time and time again been seen on the moon in the last century.

Unfortunately telescope technology is somewhat limited for us civilians (arguably deliberately) so unless we have access to an extremely powerful telescope that can see ultra small details on the lunar surface, I doubt there will be another opportunity like this for a long time.

Anyway, a lot of information to take in but in my opinion a good opportunity if any to see it for yourself (and most importantly upload it here!).
edit on 18-3-2011 by dodgygeeza because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2011 by dodgygeeza because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I second this. While Im sure most of the worlds observatories will already be trained on this event, it would be nice to build an ATS database of user photos and experiences. We can only hope someone on this site has access or knows someone with so we could get some good shots.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyPathManifests
I second this. While Im sure most of the worlds observatories will already be trained on this event, it would be nice to build an ATS database of user photos and experiences. We can only hope someone on this site has access or knows someone with so we could get some good shots.

And if any observatories see anything out of the ordinary, you can bet anything that it'll never make it to mainstream. And even if it did, all you'll get to see is poorly photo-shopped smudges.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Well, I do not have any cameras which would be able to get a decent shot of the moon (last time I tried it, the damn things came out fuzzier than a wookie in a tumble drier) but I will have my Bushnell 3" reflector telescope out, ready to see what I can see. I am really looking forward to this oppertunity to observe the moon at its closest approach, although I am somewhat nervous about the possibility of cloud over my region on the night in question.
I will keep my eye out for anything strange, but being in Britain, hardly gives me the best vantage point to see something unusual, should anything out of the ordinary be present. Idealy speaking I would rather be closer to the equator for this particular event, but since that would cost heaps, I will settle for living in the southern part of Britain as the best spot I could be in with the resources at my disposal.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Ohio State University 1988, had a telescope on top of one of the buildings. Thst could probably get the job done for looking at the moon. It was also be on a Staurday so no one would be around to ask questions.... Any OSU
people out there to do it?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Well today Is the day. If anyone can get some decent video footage and post anything out of the ordinary heteit would be much appreciated.

Good luck.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

Well apart from the moon looking a fraction, and by that I mean very much no real difference. There isnt much thats new from what I can see tonight... its full, and bright thats about it.

One thing I think you have to realize is the moon hasn't suddenly popped in close, its been slowly getting closer and closer for years now. ie The moon was just as close to us a week ago from a measurement standpoint as it is tonight, maybe a few millimeters closer tonight than last night and probably a few 100 meters closer now that same time last year the distances are so small when measured over such a small time frame they mean absolutely nothing really...

You wont see anything better that you couldn't have anytime recently... and you'll be able to see it just as close (technically) for a few days anyway.

Sorry... well thats how I understand it, dont quote me though distances are more than likely WAY off, but just used em as an example

If you really want to see the moon up close, closer than normal, closer than even now, anytime, take a telescope out to an area you can see the moon rise right on the horizon with little pollution, since from my own observational experiences the moon while low on the horizon is VERY noticeably larger (sometimes it looks likes its a good 40% bigger) than when its over head, since you're getting atmospheric magnification. You will get distortion I think, but with a clear horizon and the moon around the 15-20 degrees off the horizon mark it would be great.

edit on 19-3-2011 by BigfootNZ because: heh

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
you could get some funky pics like these...
mono-cheese-factory.blogspot.com...
type playing with the moon into google image and have a look how cool some of them look.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

You are probably right, maybe I fell into the trap of believing the media hype around it, that it is significantly closer to the earth that you could hit it with a tennis ball

I'm not sure though, it could well be something to watch. If I had access to a telescope I'll be watching tonight if the weather holds out. I'll have to make do with my HD camcorder then, and if I get anything worth posting I will do.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The moon is it largest on Saturday but it has been that size for a while now...Its only a big deal because its size will gradually decrease starting Sunday. These celestial objects don't just pick a date then gain 25% in size just like that.
Nothing special to see here. Move along

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

Oh hey im not saying dont do anything
go for it definitely.

I often break out my families old poopy telescope and train it on the moon a couple of times a year, although the things got some stupid overly used cable twist things that move it.. as a kid I 'over' played with em (made a great space station for my lego men
) and now its so jerky id get a better view just holding it in my hands

If this event makes people watch the moon more all the better, education is always good.

Even if you get some mundane pics post em up, I tried taking photos through my telescope using a digital camera and some errr sellotape... didnt work to well

new topics

top topics

join