It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Warning To The World (From 1964!)...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The workers battling against time in front of the reactors are above and beyond in every sense of the words. While we all wait to see the outcome of the fight, I am reminded of one of the most sobering and frightening works of science fiction ever produced:

In recent years, nuclear physicists have discovered a strange world of sub-atomic particles, fragments of atoms smaller than the imagination can picture, fragments of materials which do not obey the laws of gravity. Antimatter composed of inside-out material; shadow-matter that can penetrate ten miles of lead shielding. Hidden deep in the heart of strange new elements are secrets beyond human understanding-new powers, new dimensions, worlds within worlds, unknown.

The episode can be watched in full here, if you have an hour or so to spare:

The Production and Decay of Strange Particles

We, the world, owe these workers a debt of eternal gratitude. Let us not forget. So say we all.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

Like strangelets that CERN is studying? Maybe their unconscionable use of a machine that, by there own admission, are not sure what they'll create/discover, could be causing the increase in earthquake activity.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by heffo7

Like strangelets that CERN is studying?

The interesting thing is, this episode is from 1964- when strange particles, in the open literature, did not exist as a concept:

^ E. Farhi and R. Jaffe, "Strange Matter", Phys. Rev. D30, 2379 (1984)

So- did OL predict the future, communicate from the future, or did Farhi and Jaffe make the episode a self-fulfilling prophecy?

If time travel, many worlds, or communication from the future is possible, maybe a solution to the Fukushima Crisis can be found.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by heffo7

Like strangelets that CERN is studying? Maybe their unconscionable use of a machine that, by there own admission, are not sure what they'll create/discover, could be causing the increase in earthquake activity.

Have you ever heard of Doe's Account?

At the link above, you can download a .PDF of what is purported to be the diary of a scientist at CERN who claims that they have been using the collider to visualize the "afterlife," or more secularly, life in other dimensions.

I've read a bit of it, and if there is any truth to it at all then it is either very disturbing or very heartening, depending on your POV.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

We are definitely in new territory here, OldCorp.

And we are all part of a Great Experiment now, if we weren't already part of one...

edit on 18-3-2011 by Chakotay because: You Know It's Bad, When They Ask For Bone Marrow Donors...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I'd love to read a copy, but I'm not sure I'd want to pay 20 bucks for it

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

So say we all.

Like the heroes of Chernobyl who fought and paid with their lives, so the Japanese heroes are fighting. These are not heroes of any one country: these are heroes of humanity.

S & F Chakotay.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

To bad that link is only available for the US, cant open it here in Europe, it all sounds interesting though....
I don't know enough about the topic, but maybe back then these particles where already discussed in theory amoung the scientists? how else can a writer know about it?

s and f

as for that diary....
if the account was true then they wouldnt ask money for it but just release it to the public, it would be the breaking news of the century!.... socio-economic chaos my @ss!
just my opinion
edit on 18/3/2011 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Another good movie: DRAGON HEAD:

edit on 18-3-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Yes it's a good movie, saw it a couple of years ago....
recent events puts it in a whole new perspective :p

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
And the definitive warning, from 2006: SINKING OF JAPAN-

edit on 26-3-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Preceded by Kurosawa's:

new topics

top topics

join