It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were confused about whats happening, This is the best explanation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I almost peed myself. This is by FAR one of the greatest things ive seen in a while. With all the doom floating about, you can always rely on the Japanese to make it cute.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

I feel awkward after watching that. I thought the Japanese were modest, well-manned people.. I guess not.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by freedish

ROFL, you know what though, with all the tards in this world, it really breaks it down enough for them to grasp whats going on. I seriously know 10-20 people who dont understand when i speak to them normally, but if i showed them this i bet i would hear "EUREKA!"

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
reply to post by cabuki

I feel awkward after watching that. I thought the Japanese were modest, well-manned people.. I guess not.

So.... never actually watched adult anime huh?

lol

This vid is about right I guess, I do think it's slightly underestimating things, considering every day we hear officially it's worse than the day before...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Propaganda for kids.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CordDragonzord
Propaganda for kids.

I wonder exactly what age range they were trying to target? Must be my daughters age, like 3+ and up

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

Most likely.

Anything else would be a slap in the face to most adults, at least the ones that have dignity.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
You'd be surprised. There's a tendency in Japanese culture to attach things like cute mascots to things that wouldn't traditionally be associated with or targeted towards children. For instance, most prefectures have a mascot that at first glance appear to be cartoon characters. Check this site.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I love it is so absolutely Japanese!
It only makes sense if you read their manga or watch their television for a while.
Japan takes pop-culture to unimagined levels of weird.

edit on 18-3-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
You really think the Japs are all about peace and serenity?! Please. Their human beings just like everybody else. Ain't no culture or some type of rule on their society changes their carnal natures. I wish I could the rolling eye icon right now but I can't because I'm on mobile. But I would definitely give a double dose of eye rolling if I could.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah
I love it is so absolutely Japanese!
It only makes sense if you read their manga or watch their television for a while.
Japan takes pop-culture to unimagined levels of weird.

edit on 18-3-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

wow. I think i just involuntarily smoked crack after watching that 2nd video. If you want to know what rad's feel like, click play.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

Trust me that is only the tip of the iceberg of what is the weirdness that is Japanese pop culture.
2nd

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
What I want to know is...how some one who clearly has the mind set of a two year old has the ability to put together an animated cartoon of moderate quality.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
LOL. That is ace. This is why I love Japan. That and Hello Kitty.

I'm going to show that to the kids when I get home from work. Child propaganda, for sure, but if it can help them understand and therefore not worry so much, I don't see the harm in that. Let them be childlike for as long as they can, it doesn't last long before they become bothersome teens...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lozzo
LOL. That is ace. This is why I love Japan. That and Hello Kitty.

I'm going to show that to the kids when I get home from work. Child propaganda, for sure, but if it can help them understand and therefore not worry so much, I don't see the harm in that. Let them be childlike for as long as they can, it doesn't last long before they become bothersome teens...

I don't know man. What interest would a child have in an energy company? That's the mascot of the Hokkaido Electric Power Company. His name is Enemo. I think it's a completely different phenomenon totally.

There's some other quirks in the culture too. On March 14th, for instance, one month after valentines day, there is another similar day on which men are expected to reciprocate and give gifts back to women who gave them gifts on February 14th. For both days, chocolate is standard fare. If you hand-make the chocolate, it is supposed to be a sign of actual interest, and not just polite giving.

Then, on Christmas, many people in Japan like to go to KFC and get chicken. Which I suspect might be a mix up with Thanksgiving in the US, and an emulation of the traditional consumption of Turkey there.

Another thing that comes to mind is how newscasters there, usually female newscasters, sometimes publish photobooks. They are exactly what they sound like. Books of photographs of newscasters. Can you imagine someone like, Colleen McEdwards from CNN publishing a book of professionally taken photographs of her?

Also, I have yet to have a cup of coffee in Japan that resembles the strength (i.e. taste) of your garden variety cup of coffee in the US. I mean, like, Dunkin' Donuts drive through coffee, no frills stuff. In Japan, you can ask for blend coffee, which in my experience has almost approached espresso in strength, but is served in a regular coffee cup. Or you can ask for "American Coffee" which is lighter, watered down coffee. Again in my experience, this coffee is too light. Goldilocks complex huh?
edit on 18-3-2011 by Noscible because: added some other trivia

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noscible

I don't know man. What interest would a child have in an energy company? That's the mascot of the Hokkaido Electric Power Company. His name is Enemo. I think it's a completely different phenomenon totally.

I dunno. All seems quite innocent and childlike to me, and what's the harm in that? It seems to me that Japanese companies are ran with an almost family type ethos to them, and this may well be part of that "And here's the nice bit for the children.."

Kids are growing up *wayyyy* to quickly nowadays, media overload, instant gratification, getting sexuality crammed down their throats at every opportunity by the MSM. My eldest turned 13 last month, and it's quite saddening to see her lose the magic of childhood. I'd rather they watched fantasy like that instead of "My Sweet 16" or Hannah f***ing Montana...

Bottom line is I suppose, let them be innocent and full of wonder whilst they can. Growing up sucks!

This is a rant for an entirely different forum though, so I'll leave it at that.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Anyone who wasn't aware how crazy and silly Japanese TV is, should really do some looking around online. Who needs drugs when that kind of stuff is on TV!

I found that video pretty darn funny, I know people will say it's insensitive in light of what's happening over there, but considering it's the Japanese that made it, and not someone else as some kind of joke, then I don't feel too bad.

Plus it's a good way to describe what's happening to the children.

new topics

top topics

join