It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver radiation levels going up right now

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Ive been watching denvers reader and its been going up its at 76 we will see where it goes
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-3-2011 by thegoods724 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I have been watching the radiation levels and obviously worried about what is going on. there was another posting that said the radiation levels were heading that direction. As always just trying to keep people informed not scare anyone on the issue. So who knows where this goes. Anyone else have any thoughts and opinions on the issue please add your thoughts they are always appreciated. thanks

I appologize, it just went to 67 so it shouldnt be a big deal. I dont know how to post things well on this site, only know how to post in the spot which usually isnt right. and I dont know how to delete the thread either sorry.

link: www.radiationnetwork.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Where is the link? Thanks

edit-

and I dont know how to delete the thread either sorry.
If you really want this to happen, click the Alert button that's above your name, to the left of your OP, and ask Mods if they will assist you. (If thats what you want)
edit on 3/18/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/18/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Damn. If you think that is scary then you should click on the links below.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
um...denver? It's not even near the coast...why would there even be radiation there?...If there is radiation in denver I don't see how it could be connected to the power plant in japan

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

I bet they turned up wimax recently.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
PEOPLE, PLEASE! There is no increased radiation in the states, and besides, it would pass through the coast first, WHICH IT HASN'T. This is only spreading paranoia, and causing panic.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

I've been watching the readings all day. Denver's reading is typically higher than the others due to the elevation. Right now, I'm seeing a 28 for Denver which is well within normal range.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

Link! And who are the readings coming from?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
What if america was poisoning it's own people by releasing radioactive steam from there own reactors for some odd reason, just a thought.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
phage pointed out that unless there's an actual ejection of nuclear matter into the jetstream, 30,000 feet and fast moving, any radiation that reaches us will be harmless because it's all dissipated from the longer journey at lesser altitudes. I don't like the actuarial approach, personally, to the idea that somehow radiation is harmless because it takes longer to kill ya, but there you go.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

They do that every day anyway. This country is toxic from water, land, and air to food, medicine, and consumer goods. Nothing surprises me, accept that my ability to think of horrible ideas is dwarfed by the rate that the people in charge seem to enact them.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724

Ive been watching denvers reader and its been going up its at 76 we will see where it goes

No offense OP, but this is the absolute worst quote from a "source" ive ever seen on this site.

Nice spelling. Nice grammar. Nice, well....nothing. Pure epic fail.
edit on 18-3-2011 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
um...denver? It's not even near the coast...why would there even be radiation there?...If there is radiation in denver I don't see how it could be connected to the power plant in japan

Travelers are spreading radioactivity, that's why the Denver, Chicago, etc. readings are up. Not high levels, but detectable,...at least I hope. I live in Denver but I'm in West Palm tonight. I'll be traveling through WPI, Atlanta and DIA to get home tomorrow.

And I work in the industry (software, not hardware). Might have to look for work outside the US if this keeps up.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Denver's radiation levels are perfectly normal. I live in the Springs and have been monitoring www.radiationnetwork.com... The highest I've seen it get is 85 cpm which is totally normal. Denver is slightly higher usually based on it's elevation. That's it. Over 126 cpm (as the website suggests) is when we get some-what curious, but even then, those are not dangerous levels.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black
phage pointed out that unless there's an actual ejection of nuclear matter into the jetstream, 30,000 feet and fast moving, any radiation that reaches us will be harmless because it's all dissipated from the longer journey at lesser altitudes.

Gee, plutonium no longer takes 80 million years to decay- because Phage said so...

Pfffft...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by utsaME

I too accept that my ability to envision the disasters is nothing compared to what's already been done, but there's always tomorrow. No surprises here. I've been trying to figure out the bomb equivalence of those weapons in disguise called turbine spinners. They look like missiles wearing a smiley face, to me. I cannot believe anyone allows them, what with the waste they create, which tptb decide in their wisdom to dress up in 40 years worth of glad wrap, for a 10,000 year half life. I guess that's why they're tptb, and why we hate them.

Gee, isn't nuclear radiation wonderful. You know, one day big pharma will have a magic pill so the whole world will be habitable again. Wonder how they'll start up the aids™ machine this Spring, though?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by chancemusky
PEOPLE, PLEASE! There is no increased radiation in the states, and besides, it would pass through the coast first, WHICH IT HASN'T. This is only spreading paranoia, and causing panic.

Denver is a very high altitude, I think it will read there first. Alaska was supposed to have spiked but the link didn't work, it said it was removed.

We're low on the reading but for the last couple days it just kept on reading low, and now it keeps doubling and tripling in waves.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

From what I've seen, it hasn't gone anywhere NEAR beyond normal.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
new york area 61

*****now 69 denver 70 new york
edit on 18-3-2011 by MConnalley because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2011 by MConnalley because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join