It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation data from Japanese disaster starts to filter out, but they need a mandate to do it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Article link
Radiation data from Japanese disaster starts to filter out

"CTBTO could not release the data to the public because it lacked a mandate to do so"

So It's been admitted . The flow of information to the public is being withheld.

"The CTBTO data comes from a worldwide network of radionuclide particulate monitoring stations operated by the Preparatory Commission of the CTBTO"---CTBTO

That is like the most stupid statement I have ever read in my life by the CTBTO. I just have to ask myself who is behind the flow or lack of information . The CTBO knows the readings but they need a mandate? I think this is disastrous withholding information like this , almost a week.

So there are some Germans over at ZAMG trying to get this information out. Here will find a map of the radiation cloud drift, but with no readings.--ZAMAG

Here is the animation to the radio active spread. Map of radioactive spread

The DAC Readings are most important of all. This is what the CTBTO ,I believe is withholding from the people. Yet ,I myself have not seen them. I guess that also needs a mandate.

DAC ( Derived air concentration (DAC) The concentration of radioactive material in air that will result in an annual limit of intake if an individual breathes that air for a year.

You cannot assess the area with just millisieverts per hour reading you need the DAC reading. So the Japanese Government is only getting out half the information if at all to the public. The people of Japan need to know why this information is being withheld; and so do we in the United States for people living on the west coast.

edit on 18-3-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Just more PTB secrecy and lying by the CTBTO-

They'll release the data after we're dead...
edit on 17-3-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
Just more PTB secrecy and lying by the CTBTO-

They'll release the data after we're dead...

Dead, or mostly dead.

And....ummm what is the CTBTO? may I ask?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization. They monitor countries for nuke testing. They did not do there job with India though, it comprises of 180 countries monitoring everything nuclear, there are monitoring stations all around the world to track everything.

here is the monitor stations map

they do have a station 2 miles from the plant in Japan, but for some reason they said the filters were clogged and could not monitor. I for one don't buy that excuse .

here is there station in Japan

RL11
Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute Tokai, Ibaraki
Radionuclide Laboratory

edit on 17-3-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

The CTBTO has 60 radionuclide particulate monitoring stations in operation, and two of these are in Japan, near Tokyo, with dozens of others, often on islands, throughout the Asia-Pacific region (see map). It also has instruments to monitor noble gases, such as xenon. These stations monitor the air continuously, and so have extensive data on any radionuclides projected into the atmosphere during the ongoing nuclear disaster

60+ stations monitoring air continuously?...they must have known levels absolutely everywhere, all along?

...certain member states want ALL DATA to be classified, so it is not allowed to be given out, " says De Geer... Even freeing the tsunami-relevant data "took years of discussion", he says.

(my caps)

...says it all, really

s&f

edit on 18-3-2011 by pattonisit because: mp

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This is huge. I can't believe they are withholding this info from the people.

This is evil.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This is absolutely criminal. I really believe that we have not yet seen the worst of the radiation here in the US. I said it in another thread and I will say it again...If I wake up next week and suddenly have the head of a Golden Retriever because of all of this I am going to be pi$$ed beyond imagination.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The title of this should be changed to "WE HAVE THE RADIATION DATA BUT THE TRUTH WILL CAUSE TO MANY PROBLEMS SO TOO BAD SO SAD SHEEP"

I really hate government secrets.

SWEAR WORD HERE

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
That was quite a large chunk of radiation in that animated gif when the date reached 19th, looks like that one is in the direction of North West USA.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Is there anyway to get into one of the stations on the map for monitoring? Probably not, huh.

I find the animated map coming out from the plant very disturbing - and most likely the
radiation will be stronger each time it heads out from the reactors.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

No, The Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty Organization is the main one that has all the readings. other than the Japan Gov, and the free counters you see on the net monitoring in Toyko.

"The data is provided to the U.N.’s 220 member nations and 1,200 scientific organizations" See link below

They will have to keep venting the plant reactors no matter what. That is also another thing the Japan Gov is not telling the public. Why do you think Anderson Cooper wanted get out of there. so, yes It will build up, from what I have seen and my experience with Nuke Weapons and power plant systems this is not looking good. they cannot even pour cement, the cement will flash and turn to gravel. There only hope is to get power restored for the boards or get a Ship a mile off shore to provide power with some big turbines. it;s been done before to start the power up in NY state. took two ships with turbines to get the power plant going when they had the black out. That is Japans last hope . I'm surprised they don;t have a couple of ships off shore standing by with the power lines to the plant . can be easily done. Sorry to be a downer on this but , it;s the truth.

The radiation readings near the plant is what the public need, and the public in California needs them too. The CTBTO has them. I hope the people in california just don't start potassium iodide popping pills without a geiger counter or some sort official radiation reading ; they might get rashes and brown spots on their skin. The child dose is less than the adult dose and both are based on the rate of absorption and body weight. If for any reason the reading should be made public now because people could take the wrong dose or god forbid give there child the wrong does. 100 millisieverts /hr is when you start taking potassium iodide. Japan is just started handing them out today.. a little to late for that. California readings seem to be background radiation from what I seen on the net. which is not much. but who knows the if and when ? , The CTBTO does.

They're still not reporting the levels, They gave the NY times a map also with no readings today. The NY times put the pressure on them, and still would not confirm the findings. ( Radiation Readings )

Here is the the new map they put out and it's big. not to mention the CTBTO is making this map very hard to find on there site but I found it on market watch of all places.

The numbers on the map are station ID's Not readings.

New Projected Path Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty Organization

I'm getting really P.O.d at these people. If I was not a retired officer ,one of these people in this origination would be standing in front of me now trying to explain this.
edit on 19-3-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

Thank you, I appreciate your response, very helpful in this sudden
crisis of nuclear contaminaiton. I who thought it was just for the movies.

new topics

top topics

join