It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

La Bruzzo wants to drug test welfare recepients...

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Yup.

If they want tax payer money, it should be a fair deal that they aren't using that money to buy drugs. Hard earned tax dollars are good for other people, who need it for good reasons.

Drugs not so much.

~Keeper

Some of those drugs help people who need them for good reasons too..

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Say this happens to come to pass....

How long till they want to drug test you for your social security and medicare....

The privacy you take away from someone else today might come back and effect you tomorrow...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
so he is going after the CIA's money... I wouldn't give a plug nickle for his hide.
we should see how long he wants to piss test people who get money for free.....

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You do have the freedom NOT to take the job at a place of business that DOES conduct drug screening of all new employees. I was drug screened in 1988 when I took my job.

In the event that a law would get passed to drug screen welfare recipients and applicants, they would also have the freedom to NOT sign up for Welfare if they don't want to be drug screened.

The drugs we are discussing are ILLEGAL in the US. ILLEGAL is the key word. If you want to hide your drug use then by all means DO NOT submit to a drug test for anyone. You have that right, but, don't expect anyone to jump on your bandwagon when you complain about not having a job or getting assistance.

I can't speak for all the jobs in the US...Federal, local, private....etc on whether they drug test their new employees. I can only speak for my place of business and if you want to work here, you will get drug tested as a new employee. We DO NOT submit our HIRED workforce to RANDOM drug screening. Its only at the initial stage of hiring a new employee.

Drugs are illegal and if you want to use them, go ahead, but learn that there are consequences for your actions.

All the eloquint talk of civil rights and the stripping away of rights won't change my opinion on this topic.

edit on 22-3-2011 by wdkirk because: my spelling and use of the wrong version of a word are really bad.....

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

so they will test to see if a monkeyt smokes a leaf and then punish the monkey because its against the law to feel good in america, and to be poor or low functioning. as if only slave cogs were worth anything. i fear the buds of plants too. no one wants to feel good. why should poor people get to feel good sometimes. i agree. they should die for being bad cogs and our culture should hate anyone who isnt in a factory i own. i love it.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It doesn't sound like a bad idea, but why stop there let's test all federal and state officials as well! I honestly don't care what a welfare receipient spends with their $300 check? I bet most buy beer and cigarettes which are legal yet the most dangerous. I mean, they're not as bad as the federal government itself. They wasted a lot of money. For example, the war on Iraq not only costed money, but innocent lives which is priceless to some. The U.S. has a major debt none of us can deny this. I think they're the real junkies in this case. Sorry for drifting from a mickey mouse problem to something more important. I mean why bother what an individual does with a couple measely government funded dollars. The government wastes more money on way more useless things! Plenty of exa,ples to find on that alone. You can even include wasting money on citizen junkies, but that's mickey mouse. Once again, sorry if my opinion doesn't coincide with yours.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
This will only hurt the children. This isn't going to deter a real drug addict.
I'd like to see what some of these politicians are on; be it legal or illegal drugs.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I can't believe that this topic is still alive and people are STILL advocating for drug tests.

Can you say BAAAAA???

It will not work. Get over it.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriotAct

Exactly....and it's alot more than 2.5 TRILLION dollars thats gone unaccounted for (probably used for secret military projects and bunkers) but there is also the question of the Iraqi BILLIONS thats also unaccounted for.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I AM BEING IGNORED COMPLETELY!!!!!!!

Ok ats I am going to call his office by tuesday... what equipment do I need to record ... never mind I will go find it...

I will not be ignored....

I want answers to this basic questions I had... no answer means I have to side with others against this...

here is why... it reduces the whole process to ...

Politician X only wants power and does not care about his constituents or nation... I am not the constituent that was ignored by democrats during healthcare...

I am not the tea party member who was used by the republican party....

I am not the fool who got left out in the rain...

I am the pissed off 'Merican who is gonna get his answers NOW!!!!....

I will probably get in trouble for this so I am going to outline my response...

Since he is ignoring me now I will start my own campaign...

First I am in senator Hutchinson district...

I initially thought this was a good idea and will apply to texas... So I am going to request that she talk to her dc counterpart... and that rep talk to him....

What makes me mad is that it is not bad press.. it is real good press... I support... and if by some chance it gets national attention so would he...

It is begining to look like he is just a backwords idiot... At least the backwoods politicians in texas and florida have brains (the ones I have dealt with) It is making me think that he is what some here have got T and C'd for in describing him....

I am going to start some things Ill let you know how they go... I'll start it monday and ill post the communication here

I want answers now just because I do...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

this is what needs to be done in canada to, my ex girlfriend was on it when i dated her and still is to this day, makes me sick how much drugs she would do as well as spend it on booze, and to think my tax paying dollars are going to this

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Something is not necessarily evil because big brother say it is. The whole drug thing is about making money for big brother and his mates while making the sheep believe that the world is a safer place because of it. Wake up before it is to late.

Have you considered the money and power our slimy governments make from perpetuating this fraud and filling the jails with substance abuse addicts, it costs a lot more tax payers money to keep a prisoner than someone on the dole and what for.

Man busted for smoking joint, the world is now a safer place, get real. Drug testing does not treat all drugs equally, the serious harmful ones are out of your system in a couple of days, but a pot smoker carries it for 6 or so weeks, most downunder now use the serious drugs, as they are clean on Monday but heck the least dangerous is testable for six weeks.

And some of you think this is sensible practice and heck it happened to me, well you all should be refusing this, unity is strength, but you are all to scared, you all need to belong in some pointless job to pay the mortgage to some corrupt banker. What right does some slimy employer have in doing this, are all the share holders and senior management tested no clearly not.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I apologize for my seeming lack of attention to this but I am in the middle of one of my greatest moments...

so far no responses

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

And the aim of the bill is ensure Louisianans are ready to work, and in order
for Louisiana's citizens to be work-ready, they must be free of drug
dependence.

where is difference between a drug user or someone who drinks alcohol to excess, both can find work even with criteria of dependence behind their persona.
welfare recipients have enough trouble of just paying their bills let alone for any type of addiction as added expense, do people honestly believe this money is being spent wholely on buying drugs, for a heavy user the paycheck would be gone in less than a week with nothing left in dependancy of such for all their other expenses required by them. what amount is deemed to be too much by use where finding employment of any kind is considered unachievable.
it seems a bit hypocritical to let all the pisspots and big mac eaters keep their payments, but say no to smokers and drug users from aquiring any form of benefits to help find and assist in gaining work.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

Get real you appear very shallow. The whole drug thing is purely to make the crime empires rich, and I mean the Judges the Lawyers who create slaves for your prison system. what people do is their own business, the business of the Governments is to make money for their respective corrupt empires, real laws do deserve real respect and generally get it.

How pathetic it is to incarcerate and profiteer off the poor sods that do take drugs. You probably voted for a creep like George Bush, small minded people are a big problem on this planet no wonder there is no future. What someone does in their private time, should have little bearing on their employment or access to funds.It is ashame that companies decide to become police men.

Do you actually realize that the serious drugs will not come up in your standard tests, and the least harmful registers for 6 weeks, very amusing. Alcohol and cigarettes are by far the most harmful drugs excluding class A, but you clearly would sanction these, because your government said it was ok.

One can only hope that this slimy politician and people like yourself who sanction such appalling ideas, get the brunt of one of these unfortunate sods destined for the crime empire due to such draconian laws that you support, who would not in the first instance have been fated to such, without such pathetic ideas. It would be kind of like karma. May you live in interesting times.

edit on 13-4-2011 by marsend because: tempered down a bit

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by redgy

They are trying to bolster the profits of your crime empires run by your judges, lawyers and the police departments as well as creating more slaves to make your guns and bullets to fight the oil wars for George Bush and his cronies in your prison businesses. Very sad stuff, no dole will create more crimes and thus more clients for the crime empire. Then the corrupt government can employ more gangsters to make your public feel safe, due to all the criminals, how amusing. And lets be honest, the worst and biggest crimes have been committed by those who will never see a jail cell and they often wear suits and not chains.

edit on 13-4-2011 by marsend because: addition

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
It's no different then drug testing for a job. Except a majority of them just sit on their butts all day long.
I completely stand behind La Bruzzo

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NRGFreq

this is what needs to be done in canada to, my ex girlfriend was on it when i dated her and still is to this day, makes me sick how much drugs she would do as well as spend it on booze, and to think my tax paying dollars are going to this

Welfare is a drop in the bucket to the other fraud waste and abuse that occurs in govt. For example contractors are charging $1000 a gallon for gas in Afghanistan. The powerful and connected elite get sweetheart deals to borrowing hundreds of millions of dollars to invest at no personal risk to themselves. Read Matt Taibi's latest RS article.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

I thought this was pretty interesting. A welfare drug testing pilot withdrawn when it gets amended that lawmakers would have to undergo drug testing too.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
www.huffingtonpost.com...

I thought this was pretty interesting. A welfare drug testing pilot withdrawn when it gets amended that lawmakers would have to undergo drug testing too.

Thats right up there with Congress exempting itself from the healthcare mess they passed for everyone else. I would love to see a law that requires members of government to be forced to use the exact same systems they force on the people.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40 >>

join