It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

La Bruzzo wants to drug test welfare recepients...

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread676207/pg31#pid10842061]post by again with the conditions. All sorts of people could have conditions. Atheists not wanting people to spend money on going to church, racists not wanting black people to get money, anti racists not wanting nazis to get it.

If social security is gonna come with all these conditions, then no one will be eligible and it'll just turn into a tax break for people who won't need it, and what's gonna happen to someone who tests positive? Are they just going to quietly starve to death? Hell no, they are going to be forced into crime, and how much will that cost society? It would be cheaper to let them smoke Cuban cigars.

I agree good sir

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo_Serf

But I think you missed my point entirely, why should you drive on taxpayer funded roads to begin with? If you don't want to pay taxes, then you should not enjoy any of the benifits offered to taxpayers.

Doesn't seem fair that you think it's ok to drive on roads paid for by taxpayers while high as hell does it?

That's the problem with anti tax types, they think that it's all about them.

Here's another one for ya to think about. How long do you think a country would last uninvaded if no one paid taxes in order to fund a military? Canada would be overun by someone instantly. Unable to defend itself, you would probably be the subject of someone else.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
They also need to make foodstamps good for commodities only. I can't tell you how many people come into where I work (Walgreens) and buy candy, chips, ice cream, and soda. It's the most frustrating, disrespectful thing.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Now that I know you have Aspergers Disorder I have some understanding......and thanks for sharing your story, pretty gutsy.

Can I ask you one question......

what was fun about taking illegal substances ?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by StigShen

Well said.....

but lets not mention the 90 TRILLION $ debt the Americans owe.......(I know the Americans owe my country alot of coin)......

oh hang on, the welfare recepients pulled out their gold and platinum cards at the pokies in Los Vegas and took out mortgages they knew they could never afford the payments.......not to mention that car in the garage on high purchase or that big black plasma TV and private school fees....oh hang on, they would had to have taken out a 2nd and 3rd mortgage for all that too.....

Those pesky welfare recepients......they're just no good at simple basic budgeting

Yep, all these people on this board might have jobs but they DON'T make anywhere near enough to pay for their lifestyle but whine about those on welfare incrueing 90 TRILLION $ debt.....

right?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

I understand what you're saying....

I too have seen the shopping baskets of those on welfare.....mostly chippies, fizzy drinks, bread, pasta

I mean, it's only $9.98 a kilo of fresh tomatoes here and apples are $7.95 kilo while bananas are $8.95 kilo

as for fresh meat, MAYBE you can buy mince and sausages for $7.99 kilo if and when you can get it on special; lamb starts at $25.00 kilo

It's expensive to eat healthy

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Actually, I'm Australian and I too know about that 2 trillion dollars that can not be accountable.....there's a video on Youtube of those involved been questioned and none were prepared to answer the panel.

I think it went beyond 2.3 trillion last time I looked.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol

It could be done cheaply, very cheaply... most of the ones who receive benefits already also have doctors and doctors vists...

You sir, are hilarious!

If, in theory, the drug testing starts out cheap, don't worry...Quest Labs or some other will get a no-bid contract and charge the government a nice chunk of change....after all, we love to privatize and I'm sure the drug-test lobby will defend the cost as a necessary one to keep those moochers off the free methadone express.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

I ll star with this reply...

good sir my statement was over as it sits now...

You have brought up another dimension to this problem that I know has not been covered.... by anyone in the area....

They will see a rise in the demand and will raise the cost claiming X.... basic business... very basic... good call...

With this in mind I will phase to the other corporate ones... You know it would be evil to require the whole board of a corporation to be drug tested to receive benefits...

I agree with cutting all corporate welfare to zero... zero.... and if it is hard to understand zero...as in nothing... If this gets snipped I understand it is on the border of out of bounds...

but, we should also match with tarrifs on other countries that provide welfare to a corporation a matching tax for shipping to America... equalizing... that is the idea...

it is a good mention... are the corporations gonna be covered in the bill requiring drug testing...lol....

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by StigShen

Originally posted by Sagittarian69

If the street you are walking down is regulated by an agency or private business then they have the right to require the test. Otherwise your question is plainly silly.

I do agree that many people do not want to ask the government for anything. What is wrong with making sure that those who are manipulating the system do not take away funds that will help those in need?
One more note, the government shouldn't have to take care of deadbeats. What obligations include those that would take advantage of the current systems? And grovel to the likes of me? Really?

edit on 18-3-2011 by Sagittarian69 because: (no reason given)

Stop putting the cart in front of the horse.

Not sure what you mean? Put the horse back in front for me._javascript:icon('
')

Are there people who abuse the system? Sure.

We agree here.

Does that mean because there are tax cheats that you should be audited without cause. Does that mean because there are drug dealers, you should have your house searched without a warrant?

People get audited for no reason all the time. If I was a suspected drug dealer then search but who said without a warrant? Doesn't fit this scenario.

Does that mean that every student who gets a loan or a grant should be drug tested?

Best comparison. And, my answer is no. Even though many students are drug users. Here is why this is different, Students are taking out loans to better themselves and become (hopefully) productive members of society. Welfare recipients are just that. The only indication that they are trying to become productive is when the welfare stops because they got a job. It is the desire to rid ourselves of deadbeats and leeches that I uphold the idea of drug testing them.

Of course, if the cost is higher than just keeping them it will make this debate moot. But, heck, I am enjoying it.

Still new to ATS so this didn't come out the way I wanted lol
edit on 19-3-2011 by Sagittarian69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

but if nobody paid taxes, if they were abolished everywhere there would be no tax money funding armies so they could take over other countries in the first place. all i know is america must get alot from taxes.

i am not against paying tax, just pointing out an obsertvation.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Again, how is this even an issue?
When you are on the Govt handout, you are at the whims of the Govt.
If you are to receive money from taxes, then why would anyone be surprised when asked to do submit to a drug test?
What do people have to hide?
If the money is truly important, then there should be no fuss from those receiving.
Otherwise, stop taking the money. Stop expecting something for nothing, with no strings attached when it is for nothing.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

there is nothing wrong with asking for drug tests, but how do you enforce it, what method do you use that people cannot cheat on, are the unemployed now property of a governement? and is it worth paying extra taxes to test 2-3 million people for the sake of catching 20,000 people.

is it cost effective? is it worth spending 6 million to save 1 million?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
If you are to receive money from taxes, then why would anyone be surprised when asked to do submit to a drug test?
If the money is truly important, then there should be no fuss from those receiving.
Otherwise, stop taking the money. Stop expecting something for nothing, with no strings attached when it is for nothing.

Hmm let me see, could it be that Citizens of the USA have the right to liberty or that everyone is equal under the law.

These people have not joined the Armed Forces so they have not signed away their rights as individuals.

Isolating people on welfare for " special " treatment is just bullying people who are already disenfranchised.

Lastly, it is not you that is paying the welfare for these people, your taxes are paying the interest on your ridiculous debt, both public and private.

The rest of the world has been paying for your lifestyle since 1973, if you don't like the money going to those less fortunate than you, tough, it's not your money.

Maybe the Chinese, Japanese and UK should demand the whole of the USA take a drug test or face a sell-off of worthless treasury bonds, or worse an end to the Dollar World Currency status, which incidentally provides the USA with free or very cheap imports.

You are ALL on benefits, you just don't read or pay attention.

Cosmic...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

Hmm let me see, could it be that Citizens of the USA have the right to liberty or that everyone is equal under the law.

These people have not joined the Armed Forces so they have not signed away their rights as individuals.

Isolating people on welfare for " special " treatment is just bullying people who are already disenfranchised.

Lastly, it is not you that is paying the welfare for these people, your taxes are paying the interest on your ridiculous debt, both public and private.

The rest of the world has been paying for your lifestyle since 1973, if you don't like the money going to those less fortunate than you, tough, it's not your money.

Maybe the Chinese, Japanese and UK should demand the whole of the USA take a drug test or face a sell-off of worthless treasury bonds, or worse an end to the Dollar World Currency status, which incidentally provides the USA with free or very cheap imports.

You are ALL on benefits, you just don't read or pay attention.

Cosmic...

You are right. People do have the right to life liberty and so on.
They have the right to not submit to a drug test. Then they have the right to not get Govt funds.
Pretty easy.
Again, when the master says jump, you say how high.
This is not Unemployment or Social Security, this is for welfare. BIG DIFFERENCE.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by macman

there is nothing wrong with asking for drug tests, but how do you enforce it, what method do you use that people cannot cheat on, are the unemployed now property of a governement? and is it worth paying extra taxes to test 2-3 million people for the sake of catching 20,000 people.

is it cost effective? is it worth spending 6 million to save 1 million?

That I have no idea on. Any part of it, as I don't think in the aspects of Govt.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

You know, to debate the whole "It's not your money from taxes" crap is old and really has no stance within the realm of US Welfare.
If (Going on a ledge), if the Govt had the right to demand citizens in general in submitting to drug tests, I would not worry. I don't use drugs.
When you enlist to the military, become a cop, start a new job, start at a Govt agency, you submit to a drug test. Welfare money is from the Govt. They control the purse.
Don't take welfare money, then you wont have to submit to a drug test.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Man, you really are one squared away jarhead !

It's those " masters " telling you to jump that are the biggest parasites.

Public Welfare is a drop in the ocean.

Why don't you grow a pair and take a shot at the real scumbags in society, the Establishment.

But their too big for you aren't they, they have lawyers, or maybe your in a position where you are unable to criticize the Guberment so you take the soft easy target of welfare recipients.

Your masters are your problem, a free man has no masters and is subject to no-one.

Cosmic...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Cosmic4life

You know, to debate the whole "It's not your money from taxes" crap is old and really has no stance within the realm of US Welfare.
If (Going on a ledge), if the Govt had the right to demand citizens in general in submitting to drug tests, I would not worry. I don't use drugs.
When you enlist to the military, become a cop, start a new job, start at a Govt agency, you submit to a drug test. Welfare money is from the Govt. They control the purse.
Don't take welfare money, then you wont have to submit to a drug test.

Ultimately the point is moot.

People on drugs will get someone else to provide some pee for them.

It would cost 1000x more than it would save and really it is just bread and circuses for the sheeple.

Cosmic...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I understand what you mean. However, I have some friends that do some drugs, but they never use on the job. They can't get a job even if they were to jut use on their own free time. But for safety reasons I agree. no one should be under any influence of a controlled substance whilst on the job, what they do on their own when not on the job during their personal time with their own money is their business.

It just bothers me, when I see people (I live in the ghetto, south side of Chicago) who are on welfare, smoking weed, selling drugs, riding around in far better vehicles than what I have, purchasing junk food, or the people who sell their Link card cash for physical cash. The people that really need it should get it, the people who are only abusing the system should be weeded out, no pun intended. ALso I have seen several people at the check out line with several link cards, checking which one has a balance to pay for their potato chips etc..

It's just too much abuse, to be honest, I am more than willing to help those in need, but when SOME in need abuse the help, then they do not deserve the help untill they straighten themselves out.

Edit- One friend no longer smokes because they cracked down and now he has to pull his pants all the way down as he is watched whilst making the drop lol, he does smoke some of the "legal" herb mixtures that are really more of an incense.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Majestic Lumen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join