It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

La Bruzzo wants to drug test welfare recepients...

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

I lived out of a Buick sedan for about a year.

I also lived in a motel room, but the room changed every 3 days. I worked at the motel.

EDIT to add: Lots of McDoubles and I had a gym membership for showers and a place to stay warm in the winter. When I wasn't working at the motel of course.
edit on 3/19/11 by StigShen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by angus1745

To lord it over another human being and dictate what they can or cant do with their own bodies is almost prostitution and telling people what they can or cant spend their money on is removing their freedoms and decision making powers ........

I totally agrtee. But when their money is my tax money which I gave to the government, I think I should have some say in it, don't you?

PS, there is an apostrophe in can't - see? When you drop a letter/letters (can not minus 1 n and 1 o = can't) you have to stick in an apostrophe into the possition those letters were removed from. Same with couldn't wouldn't shouldn't etc.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by StigShen

Ingenuity

and you found a way to up hold personal hygiene and even found a warm place , might not have been the hilton but none the less ingenuity solved a few things and thats more then some are even willing to try out ,.

tip of the hat ,

link   
reply to post by BODYBAGxPAT

How would you like it if you were on public assistance and someone passed a law requiring YOU to get a drug test? Would you openly consent to that?

Can you really speak for what might happen a year or two down the road?

I never saw myself as the type to collect assistance but when I was out of a job, food stamps were the only thing that kept me going until I found the job I have now.

Therefore, people have NO right to judge others on public assistance. Try looking at yourself in a mirror sometime.

link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Not a single penny of your money goes to welfare. Your money goes to paying the interest on the national debt. If you are worried about welfare, you should be a lot more worried about the 2.3 TRILLION dollars that disappeared from the Pentagon the day before 9/11. Not spent on arms, nit laundered into black ops. Just gone. About half the entire national debt at that time.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

And after all that, after 3 years now, I still wound up on foodstamps a few months ago, and hospitalized last month.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

What you said makes too much sense and unfortunately, will only stir up the brainwashed sheep on here.

Less tax cuts for the rich and more tax cuts for main street!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

I don't hear you complaining about the money that the U.S government blew on two wars.

Is that ok but someone collecting public assistance is not?

What kind of world are we living in? Bizarro World?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Last year, maybe the year before I guess, before I ever took a dime from welfare, I told some folks on another forum about my situation. A lot of those folks talked a good line about how charity should be "private." That is should be left to donations at churches and so forth.

Some folks on the forum wanted to send me some money. I said no time and time again, but finally accepted when winter set in, so I could get in out of the NY blizzards.

You know what I got from those same people who talked all that smack about voluntary charity, about how it should not be the government, but personal; contributions to the church and so forth?

Panhandler.

They ran me out of the forum calling me a scam artist and a beggar. I never asked for a thing. But finally gave in and accepted what amounted to a few hundred bucks from a few different people in the forum. And one of those people actually had the audacity to run me down after that too, because I didn't agree with them on some thread and didn't kiss their ass.

You can't win. No matter what you do, there will always be bungholes. So take your welfare, take your foodstamps, and tell the naysayers to fart into the wind until its their turn to stuff ramen.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by StigShen
reply to post by Shamatt

Not a single penny of your money goes to welfare. Your money goes to paying the interest on the national debt. If you are worried about welfare, you should be a lot more worried about the 2.3 TRILLION dollars that disappeared from the Pentagon the day before 9/11. Not spent on arms, nit laundered into black ops. Just gone. About half the entire national debt at that time.

can you show us some evidence please? I don't doubt you, but I would like to read more about this.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Shamatt

I don't hear you complaining about the money that the U.S government blew on two wars.

Is that ok but someone collecting public assistance is not?

What kind of world are we living in? Bizarro World?

This is an old tactic which will not work with me. Do you really expect me to make a listof everything I don't want my money to be spent on each time I mention one of them? That would be a bit silly would it not?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
ITACG DOCUMENT 2011 and this would clear things up
or not

pdfcast.org...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt

Originally posted by BODYBAGxPAT
". How about making the super rich pay a decent amount of tax? Then perhaps that money could go to sorting out some of the biggest of societies problems and removing the sense of desperation that makes people turn to drugs in the first place..."

Now, you see this is just based on a misconception. People do not turn to drugs in desperation. That is a falacy. People take drugs because they are fun.

They do it for all sorts of reasons, some of which are a desire not to have to think about their crappy life.
Also, just because you don't like them doing it is no reason to stop them. What next? Stopping them eating meat cos you are vegan?

Edit to say thanks to the sword. I think you may be right!

edit on 19-3-2011 by SprocketUK because: extras

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
YES, YES, YES! And they shouldn't be able to vote. Having welfare recipients vote is like having politicians vote themselves pay raises.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK

Originally posted by Shamatt

Originally posted by BODYBAGxPAT
". How about making the super rich pay a decent amount of tax? Then perhaps that money could go to sorting out some of the biggest of societies problems and removing the sense of desperation that makes people turn to drugs in the first place..."

Now, you see this is just based on a misconception. People do not turn to drugs in desperation. That is a falacy. People take drugs because they are fun.

They do it for all sorts of reasons, some of which are a desire not to have to think about their crappy life.
Also, just because you don't like them doing it is no reason to stop them. What next? Stopping them eating meat cos you are vegan?

Edit to say thanks to the sword. I think you may be right!

edit on 19-3-2011 by SprocketUK because: extras

No no no - you see you are sufering from selective reading. I have alreasdy stated that they are perfectly welcome to take whatever drugs they would like to take. I just do not feel public money should fund that. If tax money is given to the governement, and the the government gives out money in benafits, that is my money. I din;t see why they should spend my money on drugs. Or your money for that matter, if you want drugs money - go out and earn it.

I do.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread676207/pg31#pid10842061]post by again with the conditions. All sorts of people could have conditions. Atheists not wanting people to spend money on going to church, racists not wanting black people to get money, anti racists not wanting nazis to get it.

If social security is gonna come with all these conditions, then no one will be eligible and it'll just turn into a tax break for people who won't need it, and what's gonna happen to someone who tests positive? Are they just going to quietly starve to death? Hell no, they are going to be forced into crime, and how much will that cost society? It would be cheaper to let them smoke Cuban cigars.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

There you go falling into that same ole trap.

If your going to have drug tests then start at the top...

...The President, Senators, Congressmen, Governors and mayors and Sheriffs.

Everyone equal under the law, lets start with you Rip, had any drugs lately?

Do you think it's only the poor people on welfare that use drugs?

More than three quarters of the budget is actually corporate welfare, then there is the so called defense budget,
yet more corporate welfare.

Why not test corporate fat cats for drug use hmmm?

You could stop the benefits to the poor altogether but that isn't going to save the economy nor will it reduce your tax burden.

Time and again the elite hold up the poor for you to blame and despise , and every time they do you fall for it.

I suppose it was the poor that caused the banking collapse as well.

It's real easy to attack those who are the weakest and cannot defend themselves.

Why don't you grow a pair and attack the real enemy of your wallet..Wall St..JP Morgan..Goldman Sachs. etc.

Cosmic...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Well said!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by StigShen
you should be a lot more worried about the 2.3 TRILLION dollars that disappeared from the Pentagon the day before 9/11.

Just how silly do the truther lies get?

"In fiscal 1999, a defense audit found that about $2.3 trillion of balances, transactions and adjustments were inadequately documented. These "unsupported" transactions do not mean the department ultimately cannot account for them, she advised, but that tracking down needed documents would take a long time. Auditors, she said, might have to go to different computer systems, to different locations or access different databases to get information.
www.defenselink.mil..."
"Pentagon's finances in disarray

By JOHN M. DONNELLY The Associated Press 03/03/00 5:44 PM Eastern

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The military's money managers last year made almost $7 trillion in adjustments to their financial ledgers in an attempt to make them add up, the Pentagon's inspector general said in a report released Friday.

The Pentagon could not show receipts for $2.3 trillion of those changes, and half a trillion dollars of it was just corrections of mistakes made in earlier adjustments. "
www.911myths.com...

The "missing" money in fact was announced well before 9/11....

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BAMstomper
reply to post by TopherWayne

but at least they support their own habbits with their own hard earned cash.

I think you are mad,there hard earned cash will be from robbing you if you do,climbing in your window!,not only that these addicts have children,do you want to take food from there mouth??? A child that will grow up in misery already?
,Also they will be caught sent to prision and 20,000 a year will turn into a 100,00 a year!,of your money!!
Also not to mention that these people are supplied drugs by goverment for land rezoning!, nobody minds knocking a dump of a place full of drugs and crime.
I hope your children dont ever fall into a trap and be refused money to eat.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join