It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

La Bruzzo wants to drug test welfare recepients...

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by BODYBAGxPAT
reply to post by StigShen

Where did I say that pedophiles were welfare recipients?

I said people who FEEL BAD that the welfare recipients are being lumped together as drug users. You misunderstood

You should feel bad for welfare recipients, because you are next in line. Get off the high horse. Seriously. For your own good. I have seen hundreds of people in the last few years go on foodstamps that a few years before used to talk that same smack about people on welfare. Seen a lotta people eat hat in the last few years son.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
". How about making the super rich pay a decent amount of tax? Then perhaps that money could go to sorting out some of the biggest of societies problems and removing the sense of desperation that makes people turn to drugs in the first place..."

Thats the problem with our politicians. I saw a documentary and for a brief few minutes it went into a recent situation where I believe Mark Cuban and 50 other BILLIONAIRES wrote a letter to congress saying how they have made a lot of money over the past 10 years and wouldn't mind one bit being taxed more to help out our country/economy/society/etc.

Congress didn't pass the bill, and the super rich aren't taxed.

Our congressmen are looking out for their careers, not our country. We need a new political system. But that is another argument entirely. I guess when we look at the bigger picture drug tests seem petty, but money saved is money saved

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

"When it comes to unemployment insurance, it's just that, an insurance.

Are you willing to submit to a drug test to collect your Aflac? "

I work for my insurance. 6 days a week. What I do with the money I earn is no ones business. What unemployed do with taxpayers money shouldn't be spent on drugs. That is just how I feel.

Unemployment insurance is INSURANCE. They paid for it out of their paycheck. Its none of your business how they spend it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
"You should feel bad for welfare recipients, because you are next in line. Get off the high horse. Seriously. For your own good. I have seen hundreds of people in the last few years go on foodstamps that a few years before used to talk that same smack about people on welfare. Seen a lotta people eat hat in the last few years son."

That is all you have? Telling me I am next on welfare, and you have determined that by reading my firsts 3 posts I've ever posted on ATS?

My, you are certainly a wise one. I will be following your every post attentively with my pen and pad of paper whilest taking notes on your decision making skills and sage wisdom.

Or not

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BODYBAGxPAT

I dont expect you to watch or understand, but here is the info that will undo your ignorance,,,

msmreview.blogspot.com...

edit on 3/19/11 by StigShen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

I guess when we look at the bigger picture drug tests seem petty, but money saved is money saved

But is money being saved this way? Think, how much would these tests cost vs how many thy would actually drop fom the welfare rolls?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

My friend, you have a great argument, and I am afraid I do not know the answer

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Gotta go to bed. I will watch this, and I will get back to you before the weekend is over

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gougitousakusha
but this would only find the potheads, while the coke/dust/heroin/meth/crack users look clean the next day. i do agree that the welfare system needs relief, id rather just stop paying for every child a welfare family has after their second. greeds the problem here

it does make all the sense indeed, for if you take pot from welfare recipients they would get sick and die quicker. This is a depopulation move from ultimate control freaks.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Neo_Serf

So, you just want to do drugs and pay no taxes?

You say that like it is a bad thing! Man!!!! If I could get away with doing drigs and not paying taxes - how brilliant would that be! I can't beleive anyone would think this was not a brilliant idea.

Of course I think it is a really bad idea to let people on welfare spen my tax $$$$'s on drugs, as per my earlier post. If they want drugs they should go out and get a job and earn the money to pay for them, like the rest of us do!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

". How about making the super rich pay a decent amount of tax? Then perhaps that money could go to sorting out some of the biggest of societies problems and removing the sense of desperation that makes people turn to drugs in the first place..."

Now, you see this is just based on a misconception. People do not turn to drugs in desperation. That is a falacy. People take drugs because they are fun.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I guess when we look at the bigger picture drug tests seem petty, but money saved is money saved

But is money being saved this way? Think, how much would these tests cost vs how many thy would actually drop fom the welfare rolls?

There is nothing that says they will be dropped from welfare rolls if they test positive. Instead,. they will be forced into counseling sessions that will do absolutely no good whatsoever,.because you can't force someone to not be an addict. They have to want to recover. Simple fact. And even then. it is a hard battle.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Neo_Serf

So, you just want to do drugs and pay no taxes?

I cerainly hope you don't drive on taxpayer funded roads while on those drugs, I certainly don't think it's fair for us to have topay our taxpayer dollars for the fire department to come with the jaws of life because you think that you should get to do drugs and not pay taxes.

I completely agree, it is totally unfair for you, or any other, to bear the burden of my irresponsibility behind the wheel of the potential deadly weapon that is the automobile. Anymore than i should be burdened with the responsibility of involuntarily funding the drug habit (or any activity) of a person who I have not consented to funding.

In the same way you do not consent to my drunken and wreckless driving while you drive beside me with your familiy in your car, i do not consent to my justly earned resources funding anything i dont expressly agree to.

Forign wars, crippling debt, and a permanant underclass of poor are not things I consent to, as I find them exponentially more destructive and evil than I do the scourge that is drunken driving. The crimes of the state, by order of many magnitudes, outweigh the bodycount of impaired driving.

So no, I do not consent to my money being stolen from me, even though it will be anyways. Laws that persecute people for victimless crimes and send them to jail by the millions are far more evil and destructive then that which they claim to combat, but in reality only exacerbate.

*Of course* I drive on public roads, would accept public medical help (canada) and go to public schools. I have no legal alternative. It is illegal in my country to seek private medical care. Hell, its illegal in my country to release to the public any records of doctor performance that would indicate competency. People will and have gone to jail for releasing such info. The roads are the same - I simply have no alternative to get from A - B. The tax funded violence of the State ensures this.

If a slave takes water from his master because he cant drink anywhere else, (because he is in captivity) is that slave now consenting to his continuing slavery? If I lock you in my basement and only let you eat if you call me 'pretty boy' does that qualify as a legitimate and consentual contract? Would it hold up in court? What contract can exist without the consent of both parties, besides the ficticious 'social contract'?

In short, simply because a gun is held to my head and Im told to pay my taxes for all of the involuntary services that I may or may not use, does not give you the moral high ground to clap your hands and say 'ahhh haaa! see! you used what we forced you to use, now you OWE US!'

I dont owe you, or anyone else, **it. But that wont stop you from taking what you feel is yours.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Some people DO take drugs for recreational use but you my friend are delutional if you think they all take drugs for fun....obviously like most here on this board you have NEVER rubbed shoulders with the homeless or the teenagers both on and off the street.

If you take each individual addict aside and put them in to a long term rehabilitation institution you will find there were underlying issues in the first place. You'll be surprised what comes out in their counselling sessions.

Don't take my word for it, go visit some of these institutions where some of these kids and adults are drying out....you might just get a REAL reality check.

I know what I'm talking about

Most of you don't.

But hey.....ignorance is bliss!

Now like I said some pages back.....most of you want welfare recepients to pee in a cup.....YOUR TURN is coming when you won't have a roof over your head or a job to feed yourself or your families but I would bet my bottom dollar that a majority on this board does'nt have children and I bet my bottom dollar ALL of you have debts to pay.....and where did the money come from while you used that credit card? Whats the matter? Why could'nt you pay up front? If I was to come to your door and demand payment of cold hard CASH RIGHT HERE AND NOW of all your debts you owe.....mark my words at least 70% of you will be without a roof over your head tonight.

It's ok for everyone else to pee in a cup for afew coins but WAIT, your turn is coming because I have a feeling almost all of you will be out of a job by early 2013. You are going to BEG for whatever scraps is given to you and you will do what ever your masters tell you to do then I'm going to come back here and say CHECK MATE!

So if I was you....don't kick a horse when it's already down; you'll pay the price at some point down the track!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
its just a waste of time and money , money that can be used to help people in need,

besides food stamps dont get you drugs , or atleast in any convinient way , ..

secondly just ask for the receipts next time they "beg" for more handouts

thirdly if they can cook food they can just aswell grow their own , lettuce , herbs, tomatoes , spuds , strawberries peppers, heck even bananas if they have the space ,

forth ,.

people who have a drug problem or issue with it that makes em neglect them selfs are in need of therapy both mentally and physicly ,

cutting of a life line will only make things worse , they ll begin to steal and rob which in return will cost just even more in the long run ,

for all i know sometime all they need is to pet a horse or mock some cow poo for a while to get in touch with "reality" and who knows maby even get a job if thats what the problem solver is ,....

edit on 19-3-2011 by zerbot565 because: spelling bee

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
This whole American drug test culture is unconstitutional and violates basic human rights. The fact it's widespread doesent make it right.

To lord it over another human being and dictate what they can or cant do with their own bodies is almost prostitution and telling people what they can or cant spend their money on is removing their freedoms and decision making powers and basically saying 'we own you' and what does that sound like? Sounds like slavery to me.

I dont like the creeping fascist theocracy in this country and folks willingness to line up and accept and applaud it.

Plus, the cold hard fact staring us all in the face is that most unemployed waste our precious tax dollars on what? ALCOHOL.. Just try controlling peoples consumption of that. Government idiots. Just trying to find ways to starve and control the unemployed and of course avoid paying them any money if possible.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

a fun fact about drug tests is that they are just as likely to give you a false positive as a positive result and the same goes for a false negative or a negative ,

so even if you have a drug user and the test shows positive its a 50/50 chance its a false positive
same goes the other way around, a non user gets a negative but it has the 50/50 chance it is a false negative

and with that kind of procentage its not even "evidence" of usage or non usage ,

just silly and a waste of money

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565

thirdly if they can cook food they can just aswell grow their own , lettuce , herbs, tomatoes , spuds , strawberries peppers, heck even bananas if they have the space ,

Not sure where you were actually going with your post, but this one above is horse pucky. Try to grow lettuce tomatso and herbs in a motel room or out of the trunk of your car.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

if you can live in a motel your really not in need of handouts ,

besides a 120W led light apparatus can and will grow you food , i have one on my kitchen sink i have strawberries and tomatoes and basic herbs , had em since last December , if i wanted to i could add a couple of rows of lettuce that will produce a new crop every week ,

its a 60cm x 300cm table

as for the fellow living in his car , its something i havent done my self but please enlighten me on how cooking is done and the personal hygiene ?

is it a motor home or caravan or just a plain old hatchback or sedan ?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Mate, do you know how agressive you sound? Perhaps that is intentional?

Well, I have to admit that some of what you say is true. There are those people who are stuck on drugs who have some severe problems, emotinally or otherwise. And it may be said that their addiction to drugs is in some way, or perhaps even in a very major way, connected to those problems. But at a fundamental level, the first time they ever took a drug, and subsequently the next time they took that drug, was because it was fun. It was a release, it was a blast, it was amazing. I don't deny that their subsequent addiction may be the result of their serious life problems. But I stand by my somewhat shallow sounding responce. People take drugs because they are fun. I admit though, that is not always why they stay on them.

I would also question why you are so sure that so many of us will all end up on benafits soon. Please explain this. I have many skills, and despite being made redundant many times in the last few years I have pretty much always been in work. I can always find something. Most people can if they are willing to just look hard enough, and perhaps consider doinng work which they would normally shun.

Over a 20 year period I worked my up from being jobless and homeless (I slept on my brthers sofa bed, so I suppose I was technically not homeless) to being an international IT Manager for a global software house. Senior management with £3 million budget, staff, and responsability for running the IT systems for all offices world wide. The whole time I was taking drugs. Lots and lots of them. especially pot, which I smoked every day, in large quantities.I too pretty much everything you can think of, with the exception of heroin. I did this because it was so much fun. I suppose to back up part of your point, I never got hooked and ruined my life, presumeably because I don;t have the type of problems others do. Not that I don't have problems. I am dyslexic, I have high functioning autism, I was abused as a young teenager by a family member, I was sent to an all boys boardig school at 13, rejected (and subsequently loved and over protected) by my mother at birth. I have issues. But I also have intelligence and striength. I survive because I can see a way to do so.

People take drugs because they are fun. I have been on the streets, not as a homeless, but as a guest - I made friends with those who slept their, drank beers with them, smoked joionts with them, bunged them a few quid now and again. I know their stories, and understand them. You sound like you are a profesional carer, from the way you talk. I totally respect that, it takes a special person to do something lke that. But please don't assume I don't know what I am talking about. And please, don't be so angry.

To get back to the point in hand - I think that the very vast majority of peoplr wgho are on benafits and take drugs take them recreationally. They are not the emotionally broken addicts you hint at them being. Different breed.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join