It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

La Bruzzo wants to drug test welfare recepients...

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HaveAnotherOne

At this point, further debate is pointless. You simply do not comprehend reality.

Not a personal attack, but maybe thats why you make less than 15k annually.

The brain surgeon saves lives and promotes science. The burger flipper flips burgers, usually to the detriment of someone elses health.

The brain surgeon is exponentially more important and valuable than a minimum wage burger flipper is.

Whoa, wait a minute. Now you are blaming the lowly burger flipper who just needed a damned job for our poor health as a nation. CLUE: It's the corporate profiteering that is making everyone sick on toxic food, not the guy flipping that petro-soy puck.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
reply to post by HaveAnotherOne

We are all connected. My money,your money so what we all live in the same world. If you came to me begging for a couple bucks to buy a cheeseburger I would give it to you. I can't afford to help the whole world that is why we all help each other out collectively.
I assume you don't donate to charity then!

So if we are all connected, you wouldnt mind sending me your paycheck, i accept pay pal, or silver or gold as payment. Your money is my money right?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by StigShen

I hear you; I am in a similar position. I have 2 part time contract jobs; as needed basically. I worked since 15 years old and had many full time jobs. I am almost done with my master's in psychology. It is rough out there right now a lot of people no longer want to hire the educated or those with tons of experience because they don't want to have to pay more money.
The thing is what they don't realize is we are willing to work for less money.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

I do have my own bills to pay. I can't really afford to send you money. Do you really need the small amount that I could give you? I doubt you really are as poor as I am or you would not have this attitude. I only give to those who are truly needy.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The economic system is perfectly viable and sound. The government and corrupt corporate influence is the problem here.

Sustaining those that cannot sustain themselves is not a good idea. Let them succeed or fail, but not to the detriment of other peoples wallets.

The economic system is NOT viable and sound, and I can prove it. You have just shown to everyone here that you have no concept of economic reality in this country.

The only reason that people on welfare cannot sustain themselves is because of this "government and corrupt corporate influence" you speak of.

Welfare is not the problem. You are putting the cart in front of the horse.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

We are all connected. My money,your money so what we all live in the same world. If you came to me begging for a couple bucks to buy a cheeseburger I would give it to you. I can't afford to help the whole world that is why we all help each other out collectively.
I assume you don't donate to charity then!

I donate when I feel a cause is worthy. Wounded Warrior Project, and animal charities are the prime 2.

You make 15k per year, it's obvious you aren't donating much either.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I agree we do have a flawed system but there is no perfect answer here. There are only better answers and evolving answers.

Until the economic system is re-structured, debt will mount, and more and more people will be pushed into poverty and onto the welfare rolls. I know plenty of folks today on foodstamps, who never would have even dreamed it would ever happen to them just five years ago.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

FDR did some really great things for the USA like pulling us out of the Great Depression.
By the way what measures a person's worth to you? Just curious?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Repeal all unconstitutional and victimless "laws" and the prison population would plummet.

For lack of a better term, the United States has become a nation of candyasses. Tough love is in order.

Well I agree with your first part there, but you don't know what tough love is. Don't worry, your time is coming. I've seen a whole lotta people take that dive off the high horse in the past few years.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I do donate when I can to kids for cancer or to food pantrys. I have helped out many homeless people on the streets by giving them water or food. I have sat and talked to homeless. I even once gave a hug to homeless person. Would you do that? Would you give your time and love to another being in need?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by StigShen

Want to know what will give? The entitlement mentality will give way to personal motivation and desire. When people realize they have absolutely nothing to fall back on, ingenuity occurs.

Criminal ingenuity. Criminality has little to do with morality, but necessity. People do not go on welfare because they feel they are entitled. They do it because they have to.

Indeed Stig! Many many these days never envisioned being on public assistance. Try though they might, there is nothing for them. Perhaps they were laid off. Perhaps their job moved out of the country. Perhaps they became ill and their job was not there when they finally came back. Yet there they are, trying so hard to get back into a workforce that has many many more applicants for every job than even five years ago (and it was bad then!).

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Left alone, capitalism would do just fine. Governmental interference in the form of bailouts causes undue and unnecessary fluctuations in the market.

Government having its hand in EVERYTHING is the problem we as a nation face. Less government, not more, is what enables the market to function normally. '

Redistribution is not a function of government. In fact, it is theft by force, which if any private party would attempt to do, they would be immediately arrested, tried, convicted, and imprisoned. That is not symbolic of a free nation.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

FDR did some really great things for the USA like pulling us out of the Great Depression.
By the way what measures a person's worth to you? Just curious?

You should study history more.

You would learn most of what you believe is wrong.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

I give my time and love to my wife whenever she is feeling frisky.

That being said, I would never hug a homeless person.

Staying funky stench free and lice free is a goal of mine 100% of the time.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Which would further suggest corporate welfare should be abolished does it not? In the free market system, if a company cannot meet its requirements, it fails and closes doors. So with that, why should social welfare be given any extra " light " to succeed? It shouldn't thus suggesting the need to eradicate both corporate and social welfare.

If you fix the economy, eradicate corporate welfare, the need for social welfare will evaporate almost entirely. Except perhaps for a token group of folks who are handicapped and so forth. But I'll tell you this much, anyone of sound mind and body would certainly much prefer a job where they could earn a living wage, than trying to survive on welfare. Welfare is death my friend.

You do realize you just agreed with what ive been saying this hole time right?

I guess. I just jumped into this conversation. But it wasn't my intention to disagree with anyone in particular. So if we are in agreement, so be it.

Abolishing welfare is not the answer. Abolishing the conditions which necessitate welfare is.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Well everything has flaws in it. I pay attention to the good and what way something can benefit people. Nothing is perfect of course. I would never say Hitler did great things for society but at the same time all human beings are flawed by nature.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Well I agree with your first part there, but you don't know what tough love is. Don't worry, your time is coming. I've seen a whole lotta people take that dive off the high horse in the past few years.

I've been homeless for a while before. I learned that it sucked big time, that being poor sucks big time, so I took the necessary steps to make the money I need in a market people demand to prevent that from happening again.

Nice try though.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The prisons are filled with those who made bad choices, not their own individualism. huge difference.

No, the prisons are filled with people who had no choices, so they tried to carve a path on their own.

link   

Left alone, capitalism would do just fine. Governmental interference in the form of bailouts causes undue and unnecessary fluctuations in the market.

So you would punish the victims in this situation? I say leave them alone until you correct the problems that are causing the huge number unemployed.

link   
Rats.
edit on 3/18/2011 by Amaterasu because: Double Post

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join