It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

La Bruzzo wants to drug test welfare recepients...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129th

LOL Sometimes I think the same however there are so many others on the other flip side of the coin and I'm only too happy to accomodate them.

I know alot of elderly who lost all their retirement funds because of Wall Street, I know so many kids and adult with severe to moderate disabilities who are barely even thought of on their birthdays let alone Xmas and all they want in life is to be excepted as equals in mainstream society. A tall order for most of them; many will never marry, never have kids, never have a home of their own, never have an adult to cuddle them, so surely we could show them some compassion?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Its not just smack heads on benefits

I never even said that all people on benefits were smack heads. I said that people who are on benefits and who are also smack heads would have less money, therefore would be more inclined to steal for drugs

, I thought you'd know better being from Liverpool and a picture of a club as your avtar where probably 90% are on drugs with their hands in the air.

Haha, probably higher than 90% to be honest. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, as long as you're not using benefit money to fund your habit.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by undiscoveredsoul

Originally posted by Michelle129th

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic
This focus on Welfare is an example of just how well the right-wing propaganda machine is working in this country.

While I do agree with the thought behind your post (that corporations suck more of our tax dollars than welfare recipients), I disagree with the idea that I think the way I do because of media. I happen to live in an area where welfare rates are very high. I don't need any media or politicians to tell me how many welfare recipients are spending their days and their cheques...I see hundreds every single day. It never ceases to amaze at how many of them can afford to go to Tim Hortons for a coffee 3x a day, chain smoke on their porches while drinking said coffee, and their kids all have the nicest winter gear (that they get paid extra for on their Oct/Nov cheques, but are then sent invitations to a free winter coat drive), 18 rolls of empty wrapping paper tubes at Christmas in their blue boxes, happy meals at least 2x / week, interspersed with their pizzas being delivered...I mean I could go on and on.

I( would like to know where you live that these "welfare recipients" live like kings and queens honey, cause um... I am ATM a single(divorced) unemployed, mother of 2 who is recieving WELFARE and unemployment. And, let me tell you, we do NOT live like royalty. I recieve a pitance from unemployment and just enough food stamps to not STARVE. I have been unable to pay for my own place tolive, so at the moment am living with a very good friend who has extended charity to me and my girls. People say, there are jobs out there.... WHERE?? for every job applied to around here anyway there are about 100 applicants for ONE position. No matter how hard you try or how qualified you are it is nearly impossible right now to even land a burger flipping job! (theyy would rather high part time teenagers so they dont have to worry about full time benefits and what not) Alot of you people only THINK you know what being on welfare is like. You judge the whole group by a few bad seeds and it really is sad. I hope one day all of you who think your so high and mighty and your # don't stink, fall on hard times, lose everything and end up having to swallow your pride and hold out your hand for help. Then once you pee in the cup and piss positive, I'm gonna laugh hysterically when you can get one f'ing penny. There are more users and abusers int he "productive world" than in the poor. The rich just have better ways to hide it.... PIGS

Ontario Canada....come here and check it out "honey". I SOMEhow was able to land a job flipping burgers (i know in YOUR reality that that is impossible...how many fast food places have you actually applied at? how many more than once?) I worked a full time AND a part time job both in crappy places to afford "just enough food ...to not STARVE" in your words.

You say we shouldn't be judgemental, and yet...you've judged me as

"Alot of you people only THINK you know what being on welfare is like. You judge the whole group by a few bad seeds and it really is sad. I hope one day all of you who think your so high and mighty and your # don't stink, fall on hard times, lose everything and end up having to swallow your pride and hold out your hand for help."

Well guess what "honey" I HAVE been there, and not that long ago. I did land on hard times, I did swallow my pride and forego my college diploma to cook fries and flip burgers, but hey...you're not judgemental because you already know my situation. Oh, by the way, I was also on welfare too myself when i was 16 and had to move out of my family's severely abusive home. Guess what I did? Got myself a student loan and went to college, got a job and went off welfare. I certainly didn't spend my time or gov't money on drugs, so the peeing in the cup would've been just fine by me...I never took advantage of the hand up it gave me to better myself rather than wallowing in the "poor me" situation and getting high on money given generously to me.

I find it funny how you are all arguing one side of the fence that 99% of welfare recipients are not drug users, but then switch gears and say how after drug testing we'll be sending all sorts of poor people into the streets when we cut off their cheques. Well if the large percent of them aren't using drugs, then they won't get cut off will they?

Just a side note also, the last time I checked doing any kind of drugs was ILLEGAL...rich or poor. If anyone chooses to do drugs then they should have a consequence for breaking the law.

P.S. your "pig" statement was very judgemental..shame on you

Michelle

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by johngtr

Neither have I, so please put your money where YOUR mouth is and get YOUR facts straight too.

What's so disgusting about it hmmm? Or is it more that it hit a sore spot, a little bit of truth with you hmmm?

Ok here is my money where my mouth is just for you sir.....

something most of your generation would'nt know about because you're all so dam lazy, rude, unreliable, disrespectful and expect everything to drop in your lap without having to earn it. For you to put in a full day's hard labour your hand would drop off and expect a pay rise by the next pay cheque.

can you tell me how that is not dis-respectful to " My Generation".

That is what i was on about.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

LOL Sometimes I think the same however there are so many others on the other flip side of the coin and I'm only too happy to accomodate them.

I know alot of elderly who lost all their retirement funds because of Wall Street, I know so many kids and adult with severe to moderate disabilities who are barely even thought of on their birthdays let alone Xmas and all they want in life is to be excepted as equals in mainstream society. A tall order for most of them; many will never marry, never have kids, never have a home of their own, never have an adult to cuddle them, so surely we could show them some compassion?

I think because we live in different countries, there is something lost in the differences of the systems. Here, when you don't have a job but are capable of working you are on "welfare". If you are elderly or disabled or otherwise unable to work you would get "disability".

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Again you are putting words in my mouth..Please stop... I never said that...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I wonder how many of you have ever really paid attention to the shopping trolley of a 70-80 year old with their lil list of bare basics that is meant to feed themselves for a week.....

Whats worse, watching them struggle with their little shopping back down the street 1km home while many cars pass and not one offers to lend a helping hand. Shame I'm on a train, I'd stop for the lot if I could.

No wonder so many of them die of borderline starvation.

And you people want them to pee in a cup?

This is SHOCKING and this is the new generation at their finest.....OMG where the hell did we go wrong with you all?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

But surely its unfair to people claiming benefits. Lets remember many people in the uk receive money in the form of government handouts. As I keep banging on about tax payers bailing out bankers, which can be seen as a form of welfare, but because it is given to rich men in suits people dont want to intrude on their privacy. Surely what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Lets take our politicians and their expense's, again another form of welfare, but who would propose a system of drug testing politicians.

The point I am trying to make is, everyone is happy to target the poor on welfare, but not the rich. Therefor it is a discriminatory act against those who find themselves at the bottom of society.

YOu never know? One day you might be on welfare and find you can no longer go to a club and enjoy yourself.
edit on 18-3-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

What I see is a rather truthful observation.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Disability (as it is here too) is still welfare; many people on this thread don't know the difference

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by Kryties

Again you are putting words in my mouth..Please stop... I never said that...

Look, I apologise for coming across so harshly to you, I have generally found your posts to be informative and you seem like a good person - I just cannot STAND it when people who have a life try to take something away from those who are struggling to survive. Yes, drug dealers getting welfare is bad but to make people in wheelchairs, the elderly and those who are just genuinely struggling have to debase themselves to pee in a cup is beyond a joke and nothing more than a 'F@#! You" to them.

Also, the hypocrisy of those who, in other threads, claim their rights are being taken from them by this or that to then come in here and wish to take away the rights of others is a complete joke.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

The proper way to handle T&C violations is to ALERT a moderator to come and clean it up - not to take it upon yourself to do their job for them.

Oh and the one-liner thing is for posts that add nothing to the discussion or are simply "LOL" or "Starred and Flagged".

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The hypocrisy I see in human beings is really sickening.

This whole attitude of "I got mine, to hell with everyone else" is very sad, to say the least.

Thank God not everyone is like this.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Why are the targeting just the poor? Who is paying for these drug tests? I would take a drug test no problem because I do get food stamps and SSI but it need to be covered by Medicare or it is free.
Funny how it is assumed if you are on welfare you do drugs!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Social Security Disablity is not welfare. It is a system that a person has paid into their whole working life. Now SSI and food stamps is welfare but it really doesn't matter because every person is entitled to food stamps if he or she needs them.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by johngtr

The proper way to handle T&C violations is to ALERT a moderator to come and clean it up - not to take it upon yourself to do their job for them.

Oh and the one-liner thing is for posts that add nothing to the discussion or are simply "LOL" or "Starred and Flagged".

I know it is the correct way , i thought i would try to explain my point of view to your "" face "" rather than ""behind your back "" im not taking it upon myself to do the moderator job. How am i ? i am just stating that
i just dont like stereotypical statements that are aimed at me. Especially when it comes to talking about " young people these days " or people who are on benefits.

You think im lazy, cant be bothered to get a job, and have no respect for people, WHY? because im young ( 22 ) and im on " the dole ".,
When in fact i have done nearly three years of a apprenticeship which i had to quit because i was made homeless at the time,through no fault of my own , and could not get to work to do my job,
I have worked in a supermarket and worked my way up to a duty manager of the store before i had to leave as the company changed ownership,
, I have worked on a paint stall in a market and worked in a bakery factory making different types of bread, and packaging ready for distribution.
I also worked in clothes retailer GAP on a temp contract, I have been out of work for a few months now, but only seeking JSA for the last 5 weeks, I am currently up to stage 4 on a application for the Jaguar Factory ( car manufacture ) near my home in liverpool,

How is that lazy, how is that waiting for things to be placed in my lap? I have a lot of respect for a lot of people, just not people who stereotype everybody else from there high horse,
I hope i made my point, This is nothing personal btw ,

Peace

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

Yep, my daughter always says I sterotype her generation......she's right......and I know not all kids of your generation are lazy; just most of them.

I wish you well my friend now that I know you're a Liverpool FC fan!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Thank you i think my initial comment was taken out of context i should of only quoted the top part of the thread because i do agree with what else was being said, that was my mistake and i will admit it
but i will stand adamant that it is wrong to label all the newer generations as lazy lay abouts who have no respect, in truth there are a lot of people like that but those people still only make up for a minority of our newer generations,

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join