It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

La Bruzzo wants to drug test welfare recepients...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by thorazineshuffle

Actually matey....I have my own business, I have earned my way after 37 years in the work place and still working....something most of your generation would'nt know about because you're all so dam lazy, rude, unreliable, disrespectful and expect everything to drop in your lap without having to earn it. For you to put in a full day's hard labour your hand would drop off and expect a pay rise by the next pay cheque.

You snotty whiny kids just don't have a clue.

The day will come when you will SCREAM and BEG for our help when you can't provide a roof over your heads, food in your mouths, fresh clean drinking water and a portaloo with soft kleenx toilet paper. Thats when I'm going to tell you all to go forth and seek work and when you can't get a job and you have to pee in a cup for afew scraps of food (welfare).....I'll remember each of you and your threads on this board then you'll know what my response is going to be!

I guarantee that a majority of you will be out of work within 2 years. Then you're going to know what BEGGING is all about.

Now I strongly suggest you go "downtown" and learn the tricks of the trade from the homeless because I reakon NONE of you will know how to survive a week without some kind of charity or welfare and even then you'll struggle.

Next time you see a kid or adult in a wheelchair or an elderly person struggling down the street, look LONG and HARD......YOU made them pee in a bottle for a bit of welfare........your turn next!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

Star for you, Very well said!! Can't wait to see the excusses you guys will give as to why you should not be tested as well.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This focus on Welfare is an example of just how well the right-wing propaganda machine is working in this country.

Is there fraud in the Welfare system? Without doubt. But focusing on the thousands of dollars that go to this while ignoring the billions that go to corporate welfare (Gov't subsidies of the petroleum industry for example... how do you like your taxes going for that?) is a waste of time and energy.

More could be done by eliminating gov't subsidies of just one segment of the military-industrial complex than would be done by eliminating every single solitary fraudulent Welfare recipient.

But the MIC owns the media, which pumps the gibberish into the "minds" of the masses and voila here we are, focusing on the thousands while ignoring the billions.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It's a good idea this, one that should be implemented in the UK too. I can see this going the other way though: with less money smack heads would have to steal to get their fix

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by thorazineshuffle

Actually matey....I have my own business, I have earned my way after 37 years in the work place and still working....something most of your generation would'nt know about because you're all so dam lazy, rude, unreliable, disrespectful and expect everything to drop in your lap without having to earn it. For you to put in a full day's hard labour your hand would drop off and expect a pay rise by the next pay cheque.

You snotty whiny kids just don't have a clue.

The day will come when you will SCREAM and BEG for our help when you can't provide a roof over your heads, food in your mouths, fresh clean drinking water and a portaloo with soft kleenx toilet paper. Thats when I'm going to tell you all to go forth and seek work and when you can't get a job and you have to pee in a cup for afew scraps of food (welfare).....I'll remember each of you and your threads on this board then you'll know what my response is going to be!

I guarantee that a majority of you will be out of work within 2 years. Then you're going to know what BEGGING is all about.

Now I strongly suggest you go "downtown" and learn the tricks of the trade from the homeless because I reakon NONE of you will know how to survive a week without some kind of charity or welfare and even then you'll struggle.

Next time you see a kid or adult in a wheelchair or an elderly person struggling down the street, look LONG and HARD......YOU made them pee in a bottle for a bit of welfare........your turn next!

Disgusting post should be removed , total lack of respect, talking about a lack of respect from our generation, you should practice what you preach

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

What's so disgusting about it hmmm? Or is it more that it hit a sore spot, a little bit of truth with you hmmm?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Stealing IS how they get their fix.

This bloody argument about peeing in a cup for afew miserable dollars is like putting all single mothers in to one group and speculating they're all worthless no good for nothing common trash whose kids are all fathered by a different bloke.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Get your FACTS straight mate im probably one of the the poorest person on here from a " 1st,world country, i havnt had anything placed in my lap, You could find out lots about me if you bothered asking or researching for yourself, i do not have a lack of respect for people though actually, nor do i make general assumptions

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Its to be expected really from people who let Wall Street rip them off for TRILLIONS of dollars - those fish are too big to fry so they take it out on the poor people who are struggling - makes them feel all big and powerful inside.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

Neither have I, so please put your money where YOUR mouth is and get YOUR facts straight too.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic
This focus on Welfare is an example of just how well the right-wing propaganda machine is working in this country.

While I do agree with the thought behind your post (that corporations suck more of our tax dollars than welfare recipients), I disagree with the idea that I think the way I do because of media. I happen to live in an area where welfare rates are very high. I don't need any media or politicians to tell me how many welfare recipients are spending their days and their cheques...I see hundreds every single day. It never ceases to amaze at how many of them can afford to go to Tim Hortons for a coffee 3x a day, chain smoke on their porches while drinking said coffee, and their kids all have the nicest winter gear (that they get paid extra for on their Oct/Nov cheques, but are then sent invitations to a free winter coat drive), 18 rolls of empty wrapping paper tubes at Christmas in their blue boxes, happy meals at least 2x / week, interspersed with their pizzas being delivered...I mean I could go on and on.

I guess i'm just in the wrong business because we had to stop going for coffees, quit smoking, cut back on xmas presents for our kids, buy second hand clothing/shoes because "we make too much to take advantage of the free coat drives", and I can't remember the last time we budgeted delivered pizza into our monthly allowance. Perhaps I made an error when I decided to work for my money rather than go on welfare....

Michelle

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Fun to see many of the same faces who went full on spastic over the TSA, screaming about the Constitution and their rights, in this thread laughing and saying that this is just AOK by them.

The hypocrisy is mind numbing. Apparently "rights" are only for the upper middle classed and not for the poor.

Have your cake and eat it too much?

~Heff

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

Disgusting? I only got started!

To make a child or adult in a wheelchair pee in a cup for welfare.....to make an elderly person whose probably worked at least 40 years of their life pee in a cup.....to make a Downs Syndrome (or any other biological disorder) pee in a cup for welfare.......

THAT is disrespectful my friend......

and you call out me disrespectful? I'm laughing now!.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
It's a good idea this, one that should be implemented in the UK too. I can see this going the other way though: with less money smack heads would have to steal to get their fix

I agree that smack heads would steal a lot more if there were drug tests involved with claiming benefits, And we already have too many of them stealing of people here as it is.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by HaveAnotherOne
reply to post by Kryties

All it takes is determination and motivation. Hell, sleeping in the streets very well could be the proper motivation some of the parasites who choose to abuse the unconstitutional welfare system need.

Stop doing heroin, and get a job.

Judgemental, jealous bitter and prejudiced much?
99% of welfare recipients are not drug users, except in your fevered fantasies! (Although in the USA, it's probably only 97% - after all, you need something to numb the pain of living in the most unequal society in the world! Your drug is self-righteousness.Get off it and get a clue!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by johngtr

Disgusting? I only got started!

To make a child or adult in a wheelchair pee in a cup for welfare.....to make an elderly person whose probably worked at least 40 years of their life pee in a cup.....to make a Downs Syndrome (or any other biological disorder) pee in a cup for welfare.......

THAT is disrespectful my friend......

and you call out me disrespectful? I'm laughing now!.

I was referring to your first paragraph of the other thread not the last part , i agree with you on that but your lack of respect in the way you put your post across hardly makes you " more respectful " than " my generation ". I agree with what you are saying just not the way you said it

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Taking my hard earned money you better think about filling a cup. If it's good enough for the working man it's good enough for the non working. Pass a year without a problem you don't have to do it for a year. Fail a month get two months off fail 3 times go away for ever . crime will go up and so will death of criminals

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You don't think that maybe you might have had a lawn mower before? Make something from two litre bottles and sell them. Instructions on the web free at the library, bottles in the trash. Come on man these are things my kids do to raise money for the things they want to do! We don't give them a free ride at home and expect them to be able to produce after they are grown. Why can't grown people on their own do the same?

Besides aren't mandatory drug tests part of pre employment screening where you come from? I am subject to random tests in order to work. Is it too much to ask for the same thing for those recieving MY tax dollars?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

If I EVER see you in a thread whinging about having your rights taken away from you by someone or something, I will make sure to point out to you that you are nothing but a hypocrite. Over and over again.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo

Its not just smack heads on benefits, I thought you'd know better being from Liverpool and a picture of a club as your avtar where probably 90% are on drugs with their hands in the air. iT's ok for them but if your on benefits you can not take drugs? See you are being caught up in the right wing media's opinion of people on benefits.

You forget the predominantly genuine cases, people with terminal illness's or wheel chair bound. What if one were to smoke a bit of pot for relief from their symptoms only to find that they will now lose all their benefit. It's easy to make a knee jerk reaction based on anecdotal evidence and right wing media spin, but try looking a little deeper and thinking through the consequences.
edit on 18-3-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join