It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor of town near Japanese nuclear plant: "WE HAVE BEEN BETRAYED"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
I think having the government in bed with you would be many times better than a woman as they never get tired of F****** people !!!

He's got a point.......ya gotta give it to him.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

People of such a high stature are by nature psychopathic. First, they lack empathy, second, they are controlled by their ego and power. For them, people dying is no different than losing a few soldiers in a video game. It's all a game to them.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
All Governments lately have blood on their hands. I wish the American people would wake up and take our country back!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Ever here of walking? It may take a bit longer, but as a last resort it still works.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This sure puts a damper on GE's billion dollar investment in our present administration and it's drive towards "clean" sources of energy and new nuke plants on US soil. It will be interesting how our govt will conspire the info to try to keep the "sell" going with the american people.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee
reply to post by BigBruddah

People of such a high stature are by nature psychopathic. First, they lack empathy, second, they are controlled by their ego and power. For them, people dying is no different than losing a few soldiers in a video game. It's all a game to them.

Actually they are sociopaths and due to the tendancy that many of us have to value stuff over character , we actually end up admiring them. Whether you call "them" the Elites or NWA or the like they are all SOCIOPATHS. Unless those of us with consciences start to refuse to place self interest (ego) above morality (spirit) then the sociopaths out there will always win.

Interesting little essay on sociopathy:

themoderatevoice.com...

It's a very intersting subject (sociopathy).

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigBruddah

I can't understand why someone would do that to their own people.

i can.

IMO some people are more in love with lining their pockets with money(or power, if a factor here), to live well materially and be able to support larger endeavors in the future, and for future progeny, than living in a precarious harmony with people. there are different types of people in the world.

there are some that will rather be played the fool, than be the conman.
there are those that would rather be the conman, than the fool.
those that would rather be left alone, to their own devices, than rely on any particular system or belief.

in todays world, to be self-centered and concerned only with what affects the individual are the order of the day.
fading are senses of honor, loyalty, treating others with respect first and either mediating peaceful resolutions, if at all possible.

it's common now to accept that someone is more apt to screw you over first, than to meet on equal ground and work together.

it's something that puts me personally at a proverbial fork in the road. Do you:
A) join the conman clan to get what you can from people first, using whatever underhanded tactics available?
B) limit your involvement in joint operations, to only those that have a greater percentage of equal trust?
C) remain unflinching in beliefs of honor, loyalty, respect first and hard personal work towards gaining what you want, so long as it doesn't cause major injury to another person(s)?

in regards to OIL, Nuclear and Coal energy sources, there are possibly better alternatives, but with those alternatives, it may be a possibility that those at the "top of the pile" of the aforementioned energy sources will have to relinquish some of what they loved with being at the top. they stand to be made obsolete, or share from a shrinking pie of global necessity/ demand.
imagine being the owner/creator/shareholder of those energy companies....from the beginning you, and your family have been cared for, by the investment in or creation of, the worldwide dependency on oil/nuclear/coal usage worldwide.

what would you do if there was a newly uncovered/or created alternative that makes previous energy sources obsolete, totally clean and CHEAP? everyone from your family, to employees and shareholders will have to adjust to those sources being obsolete.

i wont pretend to know what alternatives that are cheap, clean and of minimal environmental risk are, but if one exists or will be created, it will possibly knock a bunch of current energy sources off the block. and millions will have to adjust. most aren't willing to. humans are creatures of habit. and change scares most of us. so we do what we know.

my bad, i ended up going all over the place with this......

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

These people don't care about life, just money & power. The US government have been exposing our own troops to depleted uranium munitions for decades. ie: look at the high rate of birth defects in war zones.
The PTB are evil, and will never change.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

From what I'm seeing, reactors in the US and Japan are designed, run and maintained not that different from Mr Burns in Springfield. No, Really they are. It looks more like Mr Burns personallity really was based on the Accumulation of all traits of Banksters and Plant Operators

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al

From what I'm seeing, reactors in the US and Japan are designed, run and maintained not that different from Mr Burns in Springfield. No, Really they are. It looks more like Mr Burns personallity really was based on the Accumulation of all traits of Banksters and Plant Operators

Hopefully they aren't all run by workers with the work ethic of Homer...

2nd
edit on 3/18/11 by zcflint05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

A friend of mine has a fiance'. She has family that is about 50 - 75 miles from there. They were able to go out before it got too bad. They have friends in Tokyo that they are literally being quarentined from leaving.

They are being left to die, just as many have stated before.

I understand that this is just anecdotal on my part and I have no proof other than what my friend has told me.

He has told me that they have moved some folks to Okinawas base to be DeCon'ed. They are being given the ominous privaledge of eating MRE's.
Hey, when your hungry, anything can be good.

I was always partial to chili mac and the stew. Peanut butter was always awesome.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by yrwehere1

Agreed.

You would have to put a bullet in my head before I would wait on the feds to "send help".

Remember the old ww2 vet in New Orleans that hoofed it out before the devastation hit?

I had very little sympathy (other than for the emergency crews, infirm or children) that died. those societal leaches deserved to be eliminated.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcflint05
What a sad article from the Daily Mail. Katsunobu Sakurai, the mayor of Minamisoma, only 12 miles downwind from Fukushima, has now joined the chorus of voices worldwide calling out TEPCO and the Japanese government for their intentional lies, misleading statements, and self-service actions that may have sent thousands more to their death via radiation poisoning.

'On March 12, one day after the tsunami, we were assured that only those living within 10km [six miles] of the plant were at risk. They gave the impression it was nothing special. 'On March 14 this was extended to 20km [12 miles] – but as our city hall is 25km away, we thought we were safe. 'Now they have made it wider again, to 30km [18 miles], so that our city is inside the exclusion zone – but some experts believe that even this is not nearly enough.' He began to suspect officials were deceiving him when members of the Jieitat, the government-run civil defence force began to evacuate. Ministry officials said it was a routine measure. 'But people saw this and many started panicking,' he said. 'Who could blame them? They had endured a terrible tsunami, in which more than 1,000 have probably died here, and now they feared a nuclear disaster. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

It's pretty obvious that the Japanese government and TEPCO have lost control of the situation. Dumping buckets of water from helicopters? That sounds like a solution an 8 year old would have for the situation. Governments are telling people to leave--and the Japanese have blocked radiation readings from the Fukushima area to many around the world. All in the guise of profits and keeping a corporation afloat for a few more days. Now the "lucky" that survived the Tsunami and quake can experience the joy of cancer or acute radiation poisoning. I hope the world doesn't forget that the PM of Japan and TEPCO have blood on their hands--even if ONE person dies from radiation poisoning.

this is nothing you, or anyone here has secretly worked out suddenly

channel 4 news here in UK clearly said tonight that the japanese government misjudged the nuclearr disaster and now state its far more serious than originally thought.

a earth quake, a tsunami and an unstable nuclear power plant...im not aware of this kind of disaster before and i deffinately dont hold any person or group of people responsible for any of it...im aware humans make mistakes, its very possible they misjudged the risks to begin with and now realise its worse than originally thought. they are giving their lives to minimalise the damage. i get so pissed off with the freakin idiots who pop up pointing blame in scenarios such as this.

this whole thing is awful i know...once this nuclear problem has been calmed...all we can do is try and learn from it...and prevent repeats of it...nobody is to blame.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthTakesTime

As I understand Japanese culture, these people have a very high respect for authority, they were trained into it since the 1st grade. They grew up beleiving that government cares for them and knows best, because they have the authority. And when for decades you are trained to obey and never question those above you or get punished - thats what you do, you wait for them to tell what to do. I'm sure not everyone follows those rules nowadays but many people most likely do. You can't just blame them for staying, breaking the way of thinking is a hard thing to do. But at the same time, this is the only thing they can do to survive - go against what the government is telling them, do their own research loan money if needed and get out of area as far as they can. I feel very sorry for the people, and I can't imagine how they feel after the shock, hearing that their relatives and friends died to a nature disaster, and now having this enormous fear of radiation. It's a very tough time, but I hope they will recover from shock before its too late and do the right thing.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It seems that whoever is pulling te strings have a much higher intellect than man is capable of. Not Human.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

The US gov would do it to you in a microsecond don't fool yourself.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The most interesting thing I noticed is that in regards to the Queensland floods and Christchurch earthquakes the authorities gave the facts and what they were doing in regards to known facts, and also what they didn't know. In Japan, the authorities (or their interpreters) spend most of their speeches reassuring people that things are OK. They spent their time trying to tell people what they wanted to hear, not what they needed to hear. In speaking to a Lebanese taxi driver he stated that in some cultures if they knew the truth the emotional reaction would be significant. They try to protect their people rather than informing them.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcflint05

Originally posted by skeptic_al

Hopefully they aren't all run by workers with the work ethic of Homer...

2nd
edit on 3/18/11 by zcflint05 because: (no reason given)

Well in Japan......

The attitude is basically NOT to blow the whistle, but to accept what the company wants.
There has been lots of "accidents" that were not reported until now.

Can't happen in US eh?
recently read 14 "Near misses" in US Nukyellar Plants in 2009 and 2010, don't you remember reading about these in 2009 and 2010. No, not surprising, they weren't reported until now.

So US and Japan Plants really are run as depicted in the Simpsons.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Here in BC Canada our health officials are telling us it's not dangerous, the radiation isn't dangerous... but they are NOT TELLING us about the plutonium that embeds itself in the body. The trade winds will carry this plutonium to the West coast and then beyond. The thing about plutonium is that it stays in your body. The lungs are obviously exposed first then it spreads to the bones.

It'll be like cancer magnets in our bodies.

DOOOOOOOOM (in about 10 years I think)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Not only the Radioactive stew but the thing I really can't understand is WHY in a country with a long history of severe earthquakes and Tsunami's did they build 55 reactors every one right on the seashores of Japan?

Why does the US have 104 reactors total and a tiny country that is a fraction the size of the US have 55 reactors?

Why would they have backup generators and their fuel supplies above ground?

These are supposed to be intelligent people but this looks like the work of Politicians not human beings and they should be held accountable.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join