It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor of town near Japanese nuclear plant: "WE HAVE BEEN BETRAYED"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by redgy
why would they feel betrayed, the exclusion zones are given for their own safety, they shouldn't even still be there inside these areas. instead of complaining and only moving 10 miles at a time to avoid the hot zones, have some sense and move further away, surely even they can see things are getting worse and should clear off as far away as possible from these plants instead of staying put in reply to earlier now defunct reports made known.

Let's see--the government and TEPCO have lied or at best intentionally disregarded warning signs that were recognized by worldwide nuclear powers that this situation was much more dire than they ever cared to admit. And how would all these people have the means to go even 10 miles further away? Let's see--your home was destroyed by a massive wave so they won't have access to the cars that were swept away during the wave. If they kept cash in the house it's gone. If they kept in the bank; then let's put it this way: the banks in the area aren't exactly open and ATMs short out. So no money to go anywhere. In short: the ONLY way for them to get out is via subsidized government transportation which would only come during a mandatory evacuation.

I don't comprehend the "THEY SHOULD JUST LEAVE" crowd. These people have ZERO access to resources; are weak due to lack of food and are sleeping (if they are lucky) in an overcrowded high school gymnasium. They can't just "leave". It's not possible.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Lets face it. A nuclear power plant ? In Japan ? WTF? This is not compatible with life.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
It still amazes me how people STILL trust government in ANY country. This guy just woke up.

Welcome, to the real world.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
it seems they have had the means to leave even from the beginning, going by op's link.

Hours after the tsunami struck, Katsunobu Sakurai told me, he had sought advice from the government on whether to evacuate the 71,000 people in his city, which is just 12 miles downwind of the Fukushima nuclear plant.

also as stated,

Yesterday, as the mayor finally woke up to the truth of his citizens' predicament and urged them to leave, they began abandoning the city by any available means.
By last night more than half the population had packed as much as they could carry and fled, jostling for places on buses sent not by the shamefaced government, of course, but by nearby local authorities.

I can understand the difficulties for many in leaving a hometown which may have been declared safe at one stage, to an inconveniance of moving and having to be centered elsewhere, but for them to stay and keep believing all will be well even after many updates reported of known unsafe exclusion zones, it just seems this mayor would rather wait for government provided evacuation than to leave by any means neccessary in the meantime.
sad as it may be, there's no one else to blame than their own self pig headedness for staying so long in wait.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcflint05

why would they feel betrayed, the exclusion zones are given for their own safety, they shouldn't even still be there inside these areas. instead of complaining and only moving 10 miles at a time to avoid the hot zones, have some sense and move further away, surely even they can see things are getting worse and should clear off as far away as possible from these plants instead of staying put in reply to earlier now defunct reports made known.

Let's see--the government and TEPCO have lied or at best intentionally disregarded warning signs that were recognized by worldwide nuclear powers that this situation was much more dire than they ever cared to admit. And how would all these people have the means to go even 10 miles further away? Let's see--your home was destroyed by a massive wave so they won't have access to the cars that were swept away during the wave. If they kept cash in the house it's gone. If they kept in the bank; then let's put it this way: the banks in the area aren't exactly open and ATMs short out. So no money to go anywhere. In short: the ONLY way for them to get out is via subsidized government transportation which would only come during a mandatory evacuation.

I don't comprehend the "THEY SHOULD JUST LEAVE" crowd. These people have ZERO access to resources; are weak due to lack of food and are sleeping (if they are lucky) in an overcrowded high school gymnasium. They can't just "leave". It's not possible.

So true. The scope and magnitude of this disaster have made roads impassible as well. With no transportation, limited access & sheer numbers of those that would require evacuation, only a large scale operation seems realistic. As the weather turned for the worse walking 20 or 30 miles, hungry and without water, seems unrealistic, too. Where would they go?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

Yeah, and we thought Katrina was the worst of the worse, an unparalleled catastrophe, never before seen in the Western World and the end of America -- what has happened in Japan makes Katrina look rinky dink... half the country of Japan is now considered to be contaminated... Tokyo itself is very soon to be off limits! With radiation levels as they are, even evacuees will be welcomed to other cities with suspicion... and geiger counters. I am so sorry, so sorry for the Japanese people. They did not deserve this.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Something sinister is really cooking up, of which the outcome will be ugly for the benefit of few.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

I am not sure they were trying to save the corporation, but rather not trying to show embarrassment that they messed up.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Im praying for Japan, its not about whos fault it is.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

This just tares my heart out. These power companies carry so much "Power" with the governments and care nothing for the health or safety of the public. This just shows how corperations are becoming more powerful than Governments. They are in the works to bulid even more Nuclear Plants in the US, we already have 204. They care nothing about lives only money. I am sure we are not being told the truth in the US either. California has a Nuclear plant right on the Fault Line. China has even bought Nuclear plants in the US. If they ever wanted to take us out they wouldn't even need a bomb.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by BigBruddah

money money money power control greed!
All our leaders are the same....remember they we(they) are just citizens....they are expendable in the eyes of the elites.
We are ruled by psychopaths with no regard for human life

That's because those of us with regard for human life have no regard for the power and control you must acquire to ensure that it's taken care of properly...

obviously this Mayor is one of those who DOES care...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by redgy

People that have never been in any kind of disaster have trouble understanding what it is like. For one most cars are damaged, all public transportation is gone, even if you have a car that runs you can't get gas, when there is no power. Plus most people think that their governments will help save them. Not!! We have this big drill coming up about the New Madrid Fault, now they have on hand almost 200,000 gallons of gas but that is for the helicopters, emergency vehicles only. And believe me they consider the cost of evacuating a town or city and like what happened in New Orleans, they just stuffed everyone in the Super Dome of Doom rather than use city transite buses to take them out of the city. It would cost money and that is all they care about. In any disaster you are pretty much on your own.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

Corporations have no loyalty.

Profit has no loyalty.

There is no "own people."

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It appears as if a lot of misleading goes on with a great many governments, if not all of them. Most of the time in a situation such as the one in Japan, the government will mislead the public in order to keep some kind of order. However, with radiation in abundance as it is there, this is not the time for any government to fib or keep the public from being informed. Human lives are at stake and those unfortunate human beings and those brave ones helping the people in that country has a right to know if their lives are in more danger than the government is letting on.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It's tragic that saving face is more important than saving lives... I wish I could say we'll learn from this... but as history shows, that's very unlikely.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I think having the government in bed with you would be many times better than a woman as they never get tired of F****** people !!!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

sad as it may be, there's no one else to blame than their own self pig headedness for staying so long in wait.

How do you know what individuals' circumstances have been? I think your comment is harsh. Maybe I'd have been tempted to hang on if there was a chance my missing child might be located among the debris. I'd like to see all harshness directed at the ones who really deserve it - not the poor sods caught up in it.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I dont understand why the survival instinct doesnt kick in this people,still relaying on their goverment to do something for them.I hope is not because ignorance about nuclear power ,whats the core of this.Even if u ear theres not a problem ,nothing to see here,move along,RUUNNN!!!....its completely the opposite!!!Dont go home close ur windows and doors !! and wait to die from poisoning.!!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigBruddah

I can't understand why someone would do that to their own people.

Because they aren't really of their own people.....Anybody who is allowed to rule is of a "special" class regardless of ethnicity or country of origin...These people share something........maybe in their dna or genes but they share something that allows them to be who they are and therefore they care not for their country man, because they are not 100% like their countrymen ....They are different and think themselves as being above everybody else....

Doesn't this make sense when nearly everybody who leads never actually leads in the best interest of the people......Doesn't that make sense ?!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
It still amazes me how people STILL trust government in ANY country. This guy just woke up.

Welcome, to the real world.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Exactly!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join