It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group behind global "Days of Rage"???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
While reading this site, I came across a link that talked about people using social media to fuel a revolution.

This was weeks before the Tunisian protests and the others to follow.
Im pretty sure that the link is much older than that even...

I brought up the site in a few hacktivist forums, and many people say that it is associated with the group "Anonomous". You can't really take the word of a screen name, but SEVERAL forums had people making that connection.

We know for sure that Anon helped the Egyptian and other revolutions in the ME, and the content of this site seems to support very similar aims.

Check it out for yourself. armageddonconspiracy.co.uk... ( scroll down towards the bottom, and on the left will be the "Days of Rage" link.)
edit on 17-3-2011 by SunTzu22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I think I have one connect the dots that will show how this software is used for destabilization of countries.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

According to the contract between US Central Command (Centcom) and California company Ntrepid, the software would let each user control 10 personas, each "replete with background, history, supporting details, and cyber presences that are technically, culturally and geographically consistent." The software would also be able to let personas "appear to originate in nearly any part of the world" and interact through "conventional online services and social media platforms," while using a static IP address for each persona to maintain a consistent online identity.

OK So we have a company name. Ntrepid

www.linkedin.com...

Ntrepid Corporation Activity on LinkedIn

Ramzi Asmar is now Analyst at Ntrepid Corporation
was Research Fellow at Matthew B. Ridgway Center for International Security Studies
6 hours ago

We have a name. Ramzi Asmar

www.linkedin.com...

Ramzi Asmar
Title
--
Demographic info
Washington D.C. Metro Area | Government Relations
Education: University of Pittsburgh, University of Balamand, West Virginia University Summary: Conduct detailed All-Source Intelligence Analysis and paralleling the analysis with Socio-Cultural understanding of the Middle East. Linguistic s...

www.policymic.com...

How Social Media Has Become the New Weapon in the Middle East
By Heba Taha | Topics: Middle East Issues | Posted on: Tuesday January 25th 2011

At the bottom of the page.

Photo Credit: Ramzi Asmar

I suggest reading the article above."How Social Media Has Become the New Weapon in the Middle East"

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
no offense to the OP
but I have seen and read parts of that
web site before. And IMO, trading one
evil for another evil is not progress.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
no offense to the OP
but I have seen and read parts of that
web site before. And IMO, trading one
evil for another evil is not progress.

No appologies necessary.

I am not blind to the fact that many a group attempts to jostle for favorable postion, in the case of a "Global Collapse".
I totally agree that switching one tyranny for another, is certainly not acceptable.

I would just ask that you attempt to research my orginal postulation, for you own self.

IF you want to critique the articles, make sure you read the ones concerning Zion. Also, the "fiction" section is a must read to understand the view of the site creators.

Then you could make an educated assumption.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
The nature of Anonymous prevents their being behind the "Days of Rage" directly. The entity works as a clearinghouse of ideas but with a direct hive-mind of its own. The analogy to a flock of birds is an apt way to describe Anonymous. A flock itself is a thing, it does exist but it is comprised of individual birds each with a will. Now if one ads the idea of "rational" to that will, one would get Anonymous.

They have supported the protest movements in the Muslim world yes, but it is unknown to anyone what any further support will be. Instead it will be up to the Anons (members of Anonymous) themselves to build consensus and determine any course of action, as it has been.

Someone, an individual or group, had to come to Anonymous with the concept for the "Days of Rage" which was then propagated by individual Anons, not by any central authority or planning group, because Anonymous lacks such. A bird decided to turn, and enough other birds individually decided to follow so as to turn the flock itself in that direction.
edit on 18-3-2011 by ProjectJimmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

There is definitely some sort of core membership within Anon. The people that do the "v for vendetta" mask things are core members at minimum.

new topics

top topics

join