It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just My Opinion on Believers

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AtruthGuy

Although pretty much all your points are valid, they attack a straw-man. You do realize that right?

-rrr

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by vinunleaded
People who believe aliens dont exist are as ignorant and annoying as those who believe any conspiracy theory thrown at them. Of course aliens exist, do you have any idea how large the universe is? According to Eistein, nothing can travel as fast as the speed of light. There's galaxies several thousand light years away. Even if aliens were advanced enough to make spacecraft that can travel at the speed of light, noone is going to spend several thousand years traveling to earth. And thats only if they know where exactly earth is.

The closest star that might have habitable planet is 581, its 20 light years away. Were developing a rocket that can travel as fast as 10% the speed of light. That will take 200 years to get to that star then the astronauts would have to look for the 'Goddilock' planets, then they probably will find that there's no intelligent life on those planets. Just to give you an idea how difficult it is for civilizations to make contact.
edit on 18-3-2011 by vinunleaded because: (no reason given)

You do realize that this statement hinges on the accuracy of two things: The accuracy of detection of habitable planets and the accuracy and validity of General Relativity when stating an upper speed limit. If you are ready to believe those statements to be 100% correct, then you're right.

In light of that, what do you make of any evidence we might find of actual visitation, suppose the evidence you had at hand included visitation, would you accept that one of the previous assumptions needs to be revised? Try this as a thought experiment and you might find possible problems with those assumptions.

In my opinion there is NO way that our search for habitable planets is anywhere near accurate. NO WAY, and here is why: we have only actually visited a negligible percentage of the volume of space we are evaluating. All observations are remote and rely on a large number of educated guesses. Just a look at the rate of change of our estimates for habitable planets and you will see that all previous estimates were wrong (and conservative) What makes you think that the estimates made two months ago are "the correct ones"?. Given that, you can be sure that all estimates of number of habitable planets must be by far ... lower bounds. So we cannot make any definitive statements one way or another from those numbers.

As far as traveling faster than light, there is the possibility of traveling in topologies that simply don't involve long distances (wormholes, or multiverses) but I think this is far more speculative.

-rrr

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtruthGuy
I just want to address some of the more common arguments believers make. Its getting quite annoying hearing the same BS over and over again, when it does not make sense. Atleast not opinion.

Before I post the following I am open minded that aliens MAY exist some where in the universe. I do not believe they are visiting earth. I also doubt they are reptillians, or lion people.

This first argument drives me insane.
"Aliens Must Exist Cause God Does Not."
First for you teenagers going through "Secret Internet Atheist when mommy and daddy's not home"stage, A good amount of people have gone through that stage before noone cares and you don't have to post "There's no god..lol" in every topic. Samething applies for the kids going through the "gothic (skulls,zombies, snakes, satan everywhere etc) kids."

To you real grown up and mature Atheists. I just feel its a bit Ironic. To yell there's no god but believe in little magical gray and reptillian creatures flying in spaceships, and they have these magical/fairy, and pyschic powers is a little bit ironic.

I'm not a big tough "Internet Religous guy."

Another argument is everyone wants to link the
"Drake Equation."

So far it has yet to be proven right. In fact correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe any part has been proven correct. I mean don't think we have found any civilizations yet because to the drake equation. (I know we havent.)

Another Argument.
"Skeptics just don't want to accept that we are not alone."

Its not a point in "wanting to accept" it's more of "wanting to know".
This goes back to people who "want to believe" they will believe everything hoax or not. They ignore all opposite of their belief. Those on this site with "I WANT TO BELIEVE" in their avatars and signatures,
and have names like "humanhybrid, alienman, galaticpeace etc" ( I don't believe these are actually members of the site this is just examples of types of names here, )
will never accept anything other then aliens exist...because THEY WANT THEM TO EXIST...

They will go around calling people "trolls". I'm sure I will be called one in this thread.

Skeptics want proof we don't care for incredibly bias TV shows, Books, stories...Terribad youtube videos.
We want legit proof.

Another Argument
"The aliens are already here"

My response is prove it.

Show us a real StarGate
Show us a real Alien
Show us a spaceship.

I don't care if you believe you was a alien in a previous life, if you cant prove it then it's BS. And I don't care for internet "roleplay."

And lets not get into the Jerusalem UFO lol.
I still think it was a weak attempt to start a UFO cult. Especially with the "The aliens dropped off a baby jesus topic." That people took seriously.

Thanks for reading.

To understand why people believe the UFo's and aliens are real.Is to understand common sense of lies by the governments on solid factual case by case study.Rendleshem Forest is a classic case of facts being told and terrible skepticism not doing real investigations. The case is in the files of the Britiah Government.The witnesses went in front of National Media and are trying to get Congressional hearings on it to testify to the cover up.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I just want to address some of the more common arguments believers make. Its getting quite annoying hearing the same BS over and over again, when it does not make sense. Atleast not opinion.

Before I post the following I am open minded that aliens MAY exist some where in the universe. I do not believe they are visiting earth. I also doubt they are reptillians, or lion people.

This first argument drives me insane.
"Aliens Must Exist Cause God Does Not."
First for you teenagers going through "Secret Internet Atheist when mommy and daddy's not home"stage, A good amount of people have gone through that stage before noone cares and you don't have to post "There's no god..lol" in every topic. Samething applies for the kids going through the "gothic (skulls,zombies, snakes, satan everywhere etc) kids."

To you real grown up and mature Atheists. I just feel its a bit Ironic. To yell there's no god but believe in little magical gray and reptillian creatures flying in spaceships, and they have these magical/fairy, and pyschic powers is a little bit ironic.

I'm not a big tough "Internet Religous guy."

Another argument is everyone wants to link the
"Drake Equation."

So far it has yet to be proven right. In fact correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe any part has been proven correct. I mean don't think we have found any civilizations yet because to the drake equation. (I know we havent.)

Another Argument.
"Skeptics just don't want to accept that we are not alone."

Its not a point in "wanting to accept" it's more of "wanting to know".
This goes back to people who "want to believe" they will believe everything hoax or not. They ignore all opposite of their belief. Those on this site with "I WANT TO BELIEVE" in their avatars and signatures,
and have names like "humanhybrid, alienman, galaticpeace etc" ( I don't believe these are actually members of the site this is just examples of types of names here, )
will never accept anything other then aliens exist...because THEY WANT THEM TO EXIST...

They will go around calling people "trolls". I'm sure I will be called one in this thread.

Skeptics want proof we don't care for incredibly bias TV shows, Books, stories...Terribad youtube videos.
We want legit proof.

Another Argument
"The aliens are already here"

My response is prove it.

Show us a real StarGate
Show us a real Alien
Show us a spaceship.

I don't care if you believe you was a alien in a previous life, if you cant prove it then it's BS. And I don't care for internet "roleplay."

And lets not get into the Jerusalem UFO lol.
I still think it was a weak attempt to start a UFO cult. Especially with the "The aliens dropped off a baby jesus topic." That people took seriously.

Thanks for reading.

edit on 17-3-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

To understand why people believe the UFo's and aliens are real.Is to understand common sense of lies by the governments on solid factual case by case study.Rendleshem Forest is a classic case of facts being told and terrible skepticism not doing real investigations. The case is in the files of the Britiah Government.The witnesses went in front of National Media and are trying to get Congressional hearings on it to testify to the cover up.Like the media doing a terrible job at reporting facts.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I'm a 16 year old atheist and I see major differences between believing in an all powerful omniscient being who created everything , and technologically superior beings traveling through space.

Many years ago if someone were to see a 747 plane they would tell their friends and family. They would be laughed at by skeptics claiming " You don't believe in god but you believe in flying objects? "

In my opinion we are in just that scenario. I just think of aliens as us but with better, more unimaginable technology. Being more advanced technologically to me seems more realistic then gods or fairy's. Just my opinion though.

I always accepted the idea of aliens , but a recent experience made me believe they are here on earth as well. I will tell you all when Im able to post threads.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Alright look, this is getting out of hand here. I think whoever sits back and says "i'm a skeptic" are just as stupid as anyone who sits back and says "i'm a believer." Both sides are equally ignorant, so stop using the word "ignorant" to prove your point. As if you all can't already tell, it can be used on both sides. The term "open-minded" can be used interchangeably on both sides as well. Neither sides know the real outcome, believers can't prove the existence of aliens and skeptics can't prove they don't exist. Why can't we all just take the angle of probability? If evidence is issued that points to their existence, then we can suppose they might exist, but that is all - nothing is final.

I can't tell you how many times a video is posted or someone presents a story or article and some smartass skeptic with a minimalist signature and irritating avatar says some one-word statement like "Sounds like a plane." or "Hoax." I can't tell you how many people have come forward with a great story with pictures and are eventually scared away by people harassing them or accusing them of faking. There are also occasions where believers harass those who have doubts about aliens, calling them close-minded, etc. I think i it is time we all collectively analyze evidence and work on our quest for truth together. We need to understand that we do not know everything, or barely anything at all. Everything seems to be hearsay or opinion otherwise.

"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing"
-plato

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrowmancer

I believe in logical thought. I think there's enough information to formulate a credible hypothesis concerning the existence of extraterrestrial life visiting Earth. I believe that people are convicted of murder with less evidence than we have for ET's, UFO's and Abductions.

Can you list the actual murder cases that you believe this to be true of?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joaquin
I always accepted the idea of aliens , but a recent experience made me believe they are here on earth as well. I will tell you all when Im able to post threads.

No need to wait until you can post threads.......just post your experience right here right now.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberLegit
If evidence is issued that points to their existence, then we can suppose they might exist, but that is all - nothing is final.

The problem with the "evidence" of ET visiting earth is that it is not particularly strong evidence.
We have no bodies, bones skin samples, nor do we have any tangible evidence of alien artefacts or probes.....yes we have people how claimed that they have "alien" artefacts but none of them has come forward to get their artefacts independently tested to show that the artefact wasn't of earthly origin.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

is this about aliens or atheists???

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod

is this about aliens or atheists???

read the post.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Originally posted by LiberLegit
If evidence is issued that points to their existence, then we can suppose they might exist, but that is all - nothing is final.

The problem with the "evidence" of ET visiting earth is that it is not particularly strong evidence.
We have no bodies, bones skin samples, nor do we have any tangible evidence of alien artefacts or probes.....yes we have people how claimed that they have "alien" artefacts but none of them has come forward to get their artefacts independently tested to show that the artefact wasn't of earthly origin.

What's your take on the Bob White artifact?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Hey

I believe in UFOs because i have seen them... simple as that

IMHO people who talk about talking to them ETs etc & reciving messages from them is total and utter BS as far as im concerned, sometimes id like to un do or erase what i have seen with my own eyes because of all the crap that comes with it... i'm just saying i know ETs/UFOs are visiting this planet and i don't care if anyone believes me or not, i do not wish to try and make anybody believe me, in fact i don't even talk about my sigting's any more because people don't want to listen or open up to the possibility so why even bother, i don't feel its my job to open peoples eyes to the fact we are being visited,

End of the day i know what a see and it was not ours, unless of course the elites are hiding some serious technology, i'm still open to that idea but i have yet to see any proof of this sort of tech even mentioned let alone testing it,

what i will say is, have you honestly, honestly done any real research into UFOlogy before you state they are not here, because the government is not going to tell you were being visited by ET's hundreds if not thousands of years more advanced and they don't know what they want or even where they are from, or maybe they do fact is you are not going to get told that by them, you need to go and find out for yourselves, all the evidence is out there just link it all together and do away with the BS disinfo in there and the real deal,

i would bet 90% of the people who don't believe have done next to NO research at all and the remaining 10% are either dumb or in denial

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Just the fact that you included this line should be evidence enough: this thread should not have been started.

But we all have bad days, we all have to take it out on someone sometimes...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
Hey

End of the day i know what a see and it was not ours, unless of course the elites are hiding some serious technology, i'm still open to that idea but i have yet to see any proof of this sort of tech even mentioned let alone testing it, , all the evidence is out there

You might have seen a UFO.........that was unidentified by your eyes...........but how can you be sure it was spaceship piloted by ET.

Have you ever seen a Sprite,Elve, Blue jet or Ice Crystal pillar.......I haven't but they are all documented if rarely seen natural phenomena.
In my local home town newspaper a few years back, they reported witnesses of strange vertical lights in the night sky......and people actually thought they may be ET come visiting.......but it turns out that they were Ice crystal pillars.

As for people saying "It was not ours".......how do you know?.........The SR-71 "Blackbird" secret aircraft was being tested in the early 60s........It still looks odd today and anyone seeing that strange looking plane flying at Mach 3 back in the early 60s may well have come to the conclusion......"It was not ours"
en.wikipedia.org...

And what about the F-117 Nighthawk stealth fighter,,,,,,that was being tested in the early 80s.....again it still looks strange today......and anyone that saw them in the 80s before they became public may well have thought
"It's not one of ours".
en.wikipedia.org...

The point is, that any really top secret aircraft is most likely going to appear as "not one of ours".

You say all the evidence is out there........but is it.

Point me in the direction where any ET alien bodies, bones or skin sample have been discovered by Joe public?
And where are these alien artefacts that people claim to have but are unwilling to have them independently tested.
Were are the alien implants made from material from made from material not of this Earth this Earth that Dr Lier claims to have in his possession?

If this evidence ever comes forward then indeed it would be impressive tangible evidence that ET is here.......but this type of evidence doesn't seem to be out there at all.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
Hey

IMHO people who talk about talking to them ETs etc & reciving messages from them is total and utter BS as far as im concerned, sometimes id like to un do or erase what i have seen with my own eyes because of all the crap that comes with it... i'm just saying i know ETs/UFOs are visiting this planet and i don't care if anyone believes me or not, i do not wish to try and make anybody believe me, in fact i don't even talk about my sigting's any more because people don't want to listen or open up to the possibility so why even bother, i don't feel its my job to open peoples eyes to the fact we are being visited,

End of the day i know what a see and it was not ours, unless of course the elites are hiding some serious technology, i'm still open to that idea but i have yet to see any proof of this sort of tech even mentioned let alone testing it,

what i will say is, have you honestly, honestly done any real research into UFOlogy before you state they are not here, because the government is not going to tell you were being visited by ET's hundreds if not thousands of years more advanced and they don't know what they want or even where they are from, or maybe they do fact is you are not going to get told that by them, you need to go and find out for yourselves, all the evidence is out there just link it all together and do away with the BS disinfo in there and the real deal,

i would bet 90% of the people who don't believe have done next to NO research at all and the remaining 10% are either dumb or in denial

Well said! I agree with you a MILLION %!!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Point me in the direction where any ET alien bodies, bones or skin sample have been discovered by Joe public?
And where are these alien artefacts that people claim to have but are unwilling to have them independently tested.
Were are the alien implants made from material from made from material not of this Earth this Earth that Dr Lier claims to have in his possession?

If this evidence ever comes forward then indeed it would be impressive tangible evidence that ET is here.......but this type of evidence doesn't seem to be out there at all.

Haha do you think our military and or government would let "Joe Public" go ...public with his finds of a "alien body, bone, or skin tissue"? And as for "Dr. Lier", has found something that is made from material not of this Earth, well...let me put it like this...you go study to be a doctor in college for years, get your degree, IF you did have something...would you risk going public with it? Knowing that there will be "none-believers" out there waiting and willing to bash on what you have discovered, not to mention your reputation will now be that your just a crack-job doctor who believes in aliens. Yea didn't think so...maybe IF there are people out there with some proof, they are just waiting for the right time. If someone happened to come across PROOF POSITIVE that extraterrestrials have been visiting and are here now, I for one would not RUSH to the media, news and all of that as soon as I find it. I would wait for the right time and place to disclose it. If one were to just rush out and put it in the papers, media and all, the government would have you silenced and shut up. You would get branded a cooky crack-pot, crazy nut by the mainstream media, your proof..if any would be confiscated, and you would be left with nothing but a false image upon your name. I believe the proof is out there, and if some do have it, they are waiting for the right time to show it. Just my opinion..

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by M0bstar

Haha do you think our military and or government would let "Joe Public" go ...public with his finds of a "alien body, bone, or skin tissue"? And as for "Dr. Lier", has found something that is made from material not of this Earth, well...let me put it like this...you go study to be a doctor in college for years, get your degree, IF you did have something...would you risk going public with it?

Hmm have you not been watching the news lately?

Those guys in Tunisia, Egypt and even Libya are getting stuff out on the internet that before was being brutally repressed and hidden.
In this age of the internet it's a lot easier to get stuff out in the public domain long before the governments can do anything about it.....just look at the Wikileaks stuff.
Times have changed so that government suppression line no longer washes any more.

As for Dr. Lier......he's already come out and said that he has extracted "Alien implants" that are made from non earthly materials, and made it public knowledge, but he seems reluctant to put his claims up for independent and verifiable testing.
A little odd, that he doesn't try to save his reputation by simply getting one of his "implants" independently tested.......people already think he's cuckoo.
What's more he's still quite healthily alive and kicking........the government doesn't seem in any rush to get their hands on Dr.Lier's implants, or silence him any!

edit on 28-3-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosComplex

Lol not a bad day just stating my opinion...god bless america
edit on 28-3-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

When you say "research" you mean watch incredibly bias ufo / alien shows on the history channel or read
bias scifi books, or playing video games and getting ideas from that.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join