It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just My Opinion on Believers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
All you are saying is, is that "we don't know until we know"... I have to agree, much of what I write is conjecture and fantasmogrical, wishy-washy, wishful thinking. I know that, after I wake up, I have to go to work, perform mundane tasks and interact with real people.

Most of all of what I experience has no direct effect on my physical body, except for alterations in my mood, my sense of vitality, and the thoughts and images in my mind. There is no real way to prove, I could just have an over-active imagination. However, if it were ever revealed that the imagination world is actually the real world, then I guess i'd be in for a treat.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtruthGuy
I just want to address some of the more common arguments believers make. Its getting quite annoying hearing the same BS over and over again, when it does not make sense. Atleast not opinion....

To you real grown up and mature Atheists. I just feel its a bit Ironic. To yell there's no god but believe in little magical gray and reptillian creatures flying in spaceships, and they have these magical/fairy, and pyschic powers is a little bit ironic....

This goes back to people who "want to believe" they will believe everything hoax or not. They ignore all opposite of their belief. Those on this site with "I WANT TO BELIEVE" in their avatars and signatures,
and have names like "humanhybrid, alienman, galaticpeace etc" ( I don't believe these are actually members of the site this is just examples of types of names here, )
will never accept anything other then aliens exist...because THEY WANT THEM TO EXIST...

Skeptics want proof we don't care for incredibly bias TV shows, Books, stories...Terribad youtube videos.
We want legit proof....

My response is prove it.

Show us a real StarGate
Show us a real Alien
Show us a spaceship.

I don't care if you believe you was a alien in a previous life, if you cant prove it then it's BS. And I don't care for internet "roleplay."

edit on 17-3-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

Talk about Irony! Where is your proof that God exists? Or could it be that it is okay for you to inconsistently believe in the things that YOU want to believe in without a shred of proof?

Show is an angel
Show is a demon
Show us proof of a god

I'm sorry but your post is just laughable in it's lack of logic and consistency.

Since we are talking about opinions in this thread I'll add another one. It seems to me that some of the members on this site seem to put their energy into disproving the existence of ET and others put their energy into proving it. Also some people are more scientific and open-minded than others. Many people here - just as you encounter in 'real life' - are opinionated without having any significant knowledge on a topic. I would find it valuable if people's profiles had a section for the reference books/films etc. they have read or seen so that others might have an idea of how valid their opinions were.
edit on 18-3-2011 by TheFlash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Typing on a phone, I blame the network.

Anyway its good to have a sense of humor.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFlash

Did I say god exist? You quoted me I assume you read what you quoted.
I am also not trying to disprove aliens exist. o.
edit on 18-3-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
While I cannot prove that Earth is not unique, neither can you prove that it is. And given the scope of the Universe, my position is statistically more accurate.

Originally posted by Hefficide
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I am not an alien fanatic at all. I personally have not seen a shred of evidence that leads me to believe we have been visited, contacted, or have had a single bit of interaction with any species not evolved on Terra.

Having said that, to assume that life is limited to just one this one rock, given the sheer size of the Universe? In my opinion, very arrogant and small minded. Life found a way here. Life keeps finding ways here. Earth may well be a very rare and "magical" combination of circumstances that lend to the formation of life. I cannot believe, for a moment, that it is the only place where this confluence of circumstances has happened.

While I cannot prove that Earth is not unique, neither can you prove that it is. And given the scope of the Universe, my position is statistically more accurate.

~Heff

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

...and 1000% more probable.

My thoughts on this topic mirror yours Heff.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

I've seen some things I can't explain or prove. (Empirical knowledge) Just my .02¢

You don't put much value on your own opinion. You'd have to have 100 opinions with a value of .02¢ just to get to the 2¢ or $0.02 that you were trying to reach.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slipdig1
reply to post by CrazyMonkey

So when you don't win the fight with your uncle your come here and take your skeptical views out on the believers? What people believe is what they believe, simple as. You won't change peoples mind by making up a "waste of time thread" in the UFO forum telling them they aren't real or stupid. Your the one that is mental trying to tell a group, that come hunting for UFOlogy, the UFO's are not and they should feel fool to believe.

Your post made me laugh

Are you a ceritified idiot? Since when did I say I come on here to fight with people?!??! I don't fight with my uncle either and this is not re directed anger out of frustration because I lost a debate with my UFO believing uncle. lol Thats the most absurd thing I have ever heard. I dont care what you believe what is obvious is your unfit to look at any information accurately. You have made a lot of assumptions regarding me and that shows your somebody who fills in the gaps with what you want lol. I don't make "waste of time threads", once again your spouting crap which is not true. You are very good at distorting things without even realising it

All I ever do from a skeptical point of view is ask legitimate question and try to make my way from a skeptical point of view to one where I am trying to believe with facts. If you got an issue with that or if it threatens your precious view of UFOs - get over it !

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Before I post the following I am open minded that aliens MAY exist some where in the universe. I do not believe they are visiting earth.

hm...so aliens may exist, but they don't visit earth? Why is that? Do you think they not advanced enough to travel here or super advanced that they have no interest?

My position just slightly differs from your which is that the aliens exist and MAY have visited earth. But I do find talks of ananuki, reptilien, etc far far fetched. Am I a believer?

I think skeptics are right 99.99% of the time on 99.99% of things...but when they are wrong, history is rewritten...think Galileo...think John Paulson

edit on 18-3-2011 by TinkererJim because: added another "far"

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdesignmaster

I've seen some things I can't explain or prove. (Empirical knowledge) Just my .02¢

You don't put much value on your own opinion. You'd have to have 100 opinions with a value of .02¢ just to get to the 2¢ or $0.02 that you were trying to reach.

I'd love to respond to your point if I could only figure out what it is.
All I am saying is the OP has the word opinion in it. I'm just stating mine as such. I do feel strongly about things and passionate about defending by beliefs but I've learned to choose my battles and this ain't one I'm willing to spend energy on right now.

My two cents is merely a figure of speech and you are one of the few I've seen that even knows how to access special character set.
For THAT you get a star.

edit on 18-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
As is said ...that there are more stars in the Universe than there are grains of sand on earth ...oceans too. Saying that staggers the mind. It is mind boggling to even think about it. How many of us really have a grasp on how vast the Universe really is. Not many ,I would say.
Since there are that many stars in the Universe, then it would stand to reason that other life is possible out there somewhere or as has been said before ..that is an awful lot of wasted space for just one tiny planet to have life.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ellieN
As is said ...that there are more stars in the Universe than there are grains of sand on earth ...oceans too. Saying that staggers the mind. It is mind boggling to even think about it. How many of us really have a grasp on how vast the Universe really is. Not many ,I would say.
Since there are that many stars in the Universe, then it would stand to reason that other life is possible out there somewhere or as has been said before ..that is an awful lot of wasted space for just one tiny planet to have life.

Wow a dose of reality and sound reasoning.

I forgot what that felt like. Well said.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
i suppose - if i were to just tell you i saw a craft 'floating' in the air, that would not be believable.

i don't care.

here is what i saw:

Dec 1999 around 0400 mst.
a craft approximately 35 ft in diameter came in hot and i saw this out the corner of my eyes.
when i turned to look the craft had slowed to about 1 to 2 mph.
it had lights round about which took turns lighting up and had a thickness of just under a foot on the outer edges.
at the thickest mid point it was (maybe) 4 ft thick from the bottom to the top of the 'bubble'.
it was your basic saucer shape - no way could an adult male (or female) fit inside the 'cockpit'.
when it turned , it did not turn but, in fact, simply went in another direction, this is when i got a little creeped out.
it did not make a noise and was basically 'floating' at tree top level.

that's my story.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ellieN

Absolutely...and also considering the "time" dimension. Millennium is but a tick in the scope of the universe.

First we found new people on the other side of the mountain...

Then we found new people on the other side of the ocean...

Is there a pattern developing here?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
People who believe aliens dont exist are as ignorant and annoying as those who believe any conspiracy theory thrown at them. Of course aliens exist, do you have any idea how large the universe is? According to Eistein, nothing can travel as fast as the speed of light. There's galaxies several thousand light years away. Even if aliens were advanced enough to make spacecraft that can travel at the speed of light, noone is going to spend several thousand years traveling to earth. And thats only if they know where exactly earth is.

The closest star that might have habitable planet is 581, its 20 light years away. Were developing a rocket that can travel as fast as 10% the speed of light. That will take 200 years to get to that star then the astronauts would have to look for the 'Goddilock' planets, then they probably will find that there's no intelligent life on those planets. Just to give you an idea how difficult it is for civilizations to make contact.
edit on 18-3-2011 by vinunleaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I read this on a fellow posters Avatar. I thought it especially poignant.

The surest sign there is intelligent life in the Universe.

Is the fact they haven't visited Earth...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by vinunleaded

The closest star that might have habitable planet is 581, its 20 light years away. Were developing a rocket that can travel as fast as 10% the speed of light. That will take 200 years to get to that star then the astronauts would have to look for the 'Goddilock' planets, then they probably will find that there's no intelligent life on those planets. Just to give you an idea how difficult it is for civilizations to make contact.

If we subscribe to the "impossible" doctrine, we certainly will never get there...

Perhaps Dr. Yukio can shed some light on this? go to 1:50

We are ants! baby! ANTS!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by vinunleaded
According to Eistein, nothing can travel as fast as the speed of light.

No... Einstein said "Nothing can ACCELERATE to the speed of Light."
That does not exclude something that can go faster than light.

The funny thing with light it self, is that it instantly get the speed of light.
It doesn't slowly or quickly accelerate TO the speed of light.

The theories about the Tachyon, is that it can NOT slow down to slower speed that the speed of light...
But it can go faster...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

This first argument drives me insane.
"Aliens Must Exist Cause God Does Not."

Skeptics want proof we don't care for incredibly bias TV shows, Books, stories...Terribad youtube videos.
We want legit proof.

Another Argument
"The aliens are already here"

My response is prove it.

Firstly, I'm a Christian, and although I haven't seen a UFO in real life, I believe they exist and are seen all the time here on earth. I believe some of them are organisms and some are vehicles. Members of my family who are Christians have seen them, although at that time and that place I doubt they'd ever heard the term UFO or had any idea what one was.
I am not a UFO enthusiast. However, over the course of my life, I've seen far too much evidence to discount it out of hand.
I suppose we should let everyone out of incarceration who were put there because of eyewitness testimony, because obviously people can not be relied upon to know what they're seeing and to relate it accurately. Expand that logic to every activity that requires that human beings rely on the evidence of their senses.
The huge numbers of police, military men, astronauts, politicians, preachers, average people, etc who say they have seen them, I suppose they were all delusional, crazy, or bald-faced liars. Yes?
What kind of proof would you like? What is legitimate proof? From what I've seen, every time a good quality pic or video is acquired, the excuse is that it's "too good". Can't win. In addition, youtube seems to be flooded with parody paranormal videos, so much so that it's a real impediment to looking for serious ones.
Isn't it just possible that they don't want the general population to know exactly what they're doing here? And that they don't leave spare craft, tools, etc laying around all over the place? And that governments and corporations would prefer to have knowledge that would give them an immense military advantage kept secret?
Skeptics claim to have a detached, logical perspective, however, every time I see one speaking on the subject, it turns into openly ad hominem derision of witnesses (google "logical fallacy"), and addressing the facts falls by the wayside. Skeptics hide behind the excuse that one "cannot prove a negative", but they spend most of their time claiming to do exactly that. They say "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence", and then they assign the right to define "extraordinary" to themselves.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
You see the real problem here is that you want us to provide you with solid proof that aliens exist. The problem with that is any real proof disappears before the public can be made aware of it. I will be the first to admit that most of the videos, claims of abductions and supposed whistle-blowers are nothing more than hoaxes.

Something tells me that it wouldn't matter what kind of evidence is presented to you, you still wouldn't believe. I have seen a flying disk up close and can tell you that there is no way it was made by anyone on this planet.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I'd love to respond to your point if I could only figure out what it is.
All I am saying is the OP has the word opinion in it. I'm just stating mine as such. I do feel strongly about things and passionate about defending by beliefs but I've learned to choose my battles and this ain't one I'm willing to spend energy on right now.

My two cents is merely a figure of speech and you are one of the few I've seen that even knows how to access special character set.
For THAT you get a star.

edit on 18-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

There really wasn't any point to figure out. You had made a good point only to follow it up by the 2/100ths of a cent instead of two cents. Just thought that was interesting.

I'm also honest, so you can remove the star for accessing the special character set, I copied and pasted your's.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join