It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where in US would be safe hypothetically if Fallout follows main US Jetstream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

So I'm sure we are all aware that the radiation fallout from Japan will be hitting California tomorrow morning. They are saying it will be at very low doses, not able to cause any real harm to us, however, there is very little information coming in, an apparent BIG cover-up from Japan's Government about the real levels and severity of the situation.

But one thing is certain, radiation IS coming to the US and WILL be affecting us possibly for months from Japan.

Now, I live in NJ which is directly in the path of the main jet-stream. If things seem to get much worse here, and the levels are much higher than anticipated, where in the US would be a smart idea to take a last minute vacation to, to avoid contamination?

I was personally thinking of going to Florida for a week or so with my Family should this be worse than first thought here. I am prepared at any moment to grab essentials and just drive

So from more educated ATS members I ask you this: Where would be the smartest place to head to most likely avoid the jet-stream flow of radiation?
edit on 17-3-2011 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2011 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Florida will defintely not be effected unless it lasts long enough and bad enough to effect the whole northern hemisphere.
That is it I'm afraid.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by porschedrifter

I can't tell you where it is safer away from this jetstream but I can tell you the fallout already hit the USA earlier yesterday but no one was paying attention because they prefer to be told by mainstream media that has been telling many porkies especially in the past few months. The Govt is playing this down and I have no doubt there is a coverup of grand proportions.

Cancer is a multi multi billion dollar business in the USA.....now thats just trebled.

It's too late now, damage already done.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
It's not on the east coast yet, There's a real time radiation map www.radiationnetwork.com... that shows levels are pretty much normal still.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

and how can you tell us that the radiation already hit, readings have not altered...and no i'm not just talking about the ones on websites. I have a couple people i've spoken to in the last 24 hours with their own counters and they report NOTHING to suggest anything or anything harmful has hit

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by porschedrifter

......I can tell you the fallout already hit the USA earlier yesterday but no one was paying attention

Link?

SMR

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The strongest jet streams are the polar jets, at around 7–12 km (23,000–39,000 ft) above sea level, and the higher and somewhat weaker subtropical jets at around 10–16 km (33,000–52,000 ft).

Remember that both of these jet streams move all the time. They don't always "hit" in the same areas. I think it would be best to just stay where you are and try and protect yourself INSIDE your home best you can. If you see or hear of an alert about it, it's already too late anyway. If you are thinking of skipping town now, I feel it would be more wise to start sealing up your house instead. If you are truly worried about fallout.

I doubt that any radioactive fallout has been able to get anywhere near that high in the air to "catch a ride". I'm really waiting on any proof in the next few days that shows we are being bombarded by radioactive fallout.

If those plants were to blow up in a massive failure, then we're talking a different story.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I ain't seeing no walking the talk here. If you know radiation has spread the west US, provide the info.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Can I ask you where you gathered this info from? as I am very interested in your source.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BnletB

Search "First North American Landfall in Bakersfield Ca" in the Japan forum.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Sorry guys, I did not read on and tripled questioned the post.....Guess it immediatley got me all worked upforgive me.-

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

nothing comes up when I search

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

www.blackcatsystems.com...

Is that alright???

Sorry it's not CNN, Fox or any other large media corporations

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The only place that would be safe per-say would be the midwest or the bible-belt. Funny how that works. In the past, people escaped the bible belt to go to bigger cities and these cities were known for loathing the word and immorality abound. In all the visions I have read of nuclear attacks and major earthquakes of big cities on the coast, everyone was trying desperately to move to the bible belt to get to safety. Hmm...smells like divine retribution to me.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The winds from Japan have not quite reached us yet, so any radioactive readings before now should be discounted. I would start watching the counters around 0400 GMT 18 March and onward to stay on the lookout for the (expect low) radiation readings.

To the OP, simply put, avoid the wind. So taping up the windows, etc, is not a far fetched idea but I won't be doing anything of the sort here in California unless of course directed to, or if geiger counters begin to rise. Of course by then it will be a chicken-with-head-cut-off fest around here, so hey. ;-D

I believe one of the ATS members did post a YouTube video yesterday regarding readings reported to him by someone else (you see where this is going?), but of course that is to be taken with a grain of iodine. hurrhurr.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Sure thing.....but since the American Govt are in big time on Japan's coverup I'm not about to believe one single word coming out of the USA at this point. I like to do my own checking by a whole lot of other resources.

Take in to consideration exactly when the first explosion took place in Japan....not the third. Most Americans are going by the jetstream after the 3rd explosions.....thats pretty darn silly.
edit on 17-3-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ag893

if you don't think there's immorality in the bible belt you have got to give your head a shake.

new topics

top topics

join