It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death penalty and cruel and unusual punishment question!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Ok I'm going to be serious in this thread because I have some questions! First of all it is illegal to murder and kill people. Number one, the bible said don't kill. And I don't care if You are for or against the penalty because that isnt the issue right now. Now we aren't allowed to murder or kill or we will be put in prison or put to death depending on the circumstances. So if we aren't allowed to kill as it against law then why is the government able to kill and put citizens to death? Being put to death is cruel and unusual punishment depending on the cause of being put to death. It also violates the constitutional amemendmant of cruel and unusual punishment. So it is against the law to kill or murder but yet the government has authorization to kill when a citizen crosses certain borders such as at area 51. Why can they kill and we can't? Can anyone answer this question without giving me a B.S. Response! And don't tell me "just because, they are the Government" I don't wanna hear that. I want answers and I'm sure you do to if you have thought about this before.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Because they are the government. I don't know what other answer you're looking for.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

They can't... they think they can though

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool
Because they are the government. I don't know what other answer you're looking for.

Obviously you don't know much about criminal and government law! I just said don't give me a B.S. Answer. I wanna know why the government has authorization to kill on site at certain locations. What is so important that someone needs to be killed over?

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/17/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Someone must have the authority to punish crime. We the people elect sheriffs, judges, police forces are formed in cities, in short, we give them the authority. If left to the masses, it would be vigilantes stringing people up for what ever they decided was a crime. I believe in capital punishment for certain crimes. In some cases, let the punishment fit the crime. You do not want to know my idea of punishment for pedophiles.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I have no answer to your question just a comment to add. If you are in the military you are allowed to kill in a war but you are not allowed to murder an innocent. Therefore someone has to decide if it is a killing or a murder, then it has to be decided by what definition the words murder and kill fall into. Then as you say you can be put to death for some offences. I don't think there is any answer to this because it becomes a spiders web on definitions of words and people in power who decide.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
.There are many things more valuable than human life, its staring you in the face everytime you see a violent crime or the nightly news.The answer you are looking for is not black and white and you will not understand until you are in that situation.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Someone must have the authority to punish crime. We the people elect sheriffs, judges, police forces are formed in cities, in short, we give them the authority. If left to the masses, it would be vigilantes stringing people up for what ever they decided was a crime. I believe in capital punishment for certain crimes. In some cases, let the punishment fit the crime. You do not want to know my idea of punishment for pedophiles.

I believe in Capitol punishment for certain crimes also and if I were to tell you what punishment should be like for pedofiles you would want to punishment me for how painful and gruesome it would be. I HATE pedofiles.
I see what your saying and I understand it but what I don't get is how I could be shot for stepping 1 inch over an imaginary line at area 51. Because the perimeter isn't even close to the actual facility! So why would I be shot for crossing a line when I can't even see the facility?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by squizzy
I have no answer to your question just a comment to add. If you are in the military you are allowed to kill in a war but you are not allowed to murder an innocent. Therefore someone has to decide if it is a killing or a murder, then it has to be decided by what definition the words murder and kill fall into. Then as you say you can be put to death for some offences. I don't think there is any answer to this because it becomes a spiders web on definitions of words and people in power who decide.

Finally! The best response I have read yet in my search for answers! Thanks! Good job.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
.There are many things more valuable than human life, its staring you in the face everytime you see a violent crime or the nightly news.The answer you are looking for is not black and white and you will not understand until you are in that situation.

I have been in many situations before and situations like what you are talking about. But I have more respect for human life than a normal person does. When you kill or murder it affects way more than people than you realize. It affects so many people.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi
I believe in Capitol punishment for certain crimes also and if I were to tell you what punishment should be like for pedofiles you would want to punishment me for how painful and gruesome it would be. I HATE pedofiles.

So let me get this straight. You don't like the fact that the government has the right to execute a prisoner. But you just admitted that you would gruesomely and painfully punish a pedophile?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

So let me get this straight. You don't like the fact that the government has the right to execute a prisoner. But you just admitted that you would gruesomely and painfully punish a pedophile?

Yup you got it right and I will tell you why. Pedofiles are the scum of the earth. Pedofiles are the worst kind of people that exist. I would much rather be friends with a murderer than have to be in the same room as a pedophile for 1 minute.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

"He who is without sin cast the first stone."

So much for being a christian......

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I see where you are coming from and btw I'm catholic. So I'm gunna guess that you would do nothing if your kids were molested by a pedophile. Well that makes you a horrible parent!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I see where you are coming from and btw I'm catholic. So I'm gunna guess that you would do nothing if your kids were molested by a pedophile. Well that makes you a horrible parent!

Does anyone else find it ironic that she is catholic yet condemns pedophilia?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Does anyone else find it ironic that she is catholic yet condemns pedophilia?

So now you are judging me? Thou shall not judge! Do you remember that?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

edit on 17-3-2011 by PoorFool because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Lol, inb4 mods delete our posts.

I'm gonna stop here because this is getting way too off topic and too many personal attacks.

Bye.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join