It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S., Allies Get UN Approval for Military Action Against Qaddafi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

U.S., Allies Get UN Approval for Military Action Against Qaddafi

www.businessweek.com

March 18 (Bloomberg) -- The United Nations Security Council authorized a no-fly zone and other military action to prevent Libyan leader Muammar Qaddafi from making good on his threat to conquer the rebel capital, Benghazi, and “destroy” the opposition movement.

The council provided the legal basis for the U.S., France, the U.K. and several Arab nations to intervene in the Libyan conflict to avert a feared bloodbath if Qaddafi defeats the opposition.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.csmonitor.com
www.jpost.com
www.theglobeandmail. com

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The globalist elite is taking action on Libya because their proxy rebels are in danger of defeat.

Now, I see nothing wrong with toppling ol'Gaddafi from power in Libya that he has ruled over with an iron fist for 42 years now.

What we should be concerned with is the nature of the Libyan rebel forces. They are a fragmented, disorganized motley of angry militiamen and defectors from the Libyan army.

Their agendas are obscure and divisions are among tribal lines.

Question is, would a no-fly zone roadblock Gaddafi's efforts to crush the Libyan rebels? I doubt it, since he has the advantage in tank and infantry forces, which comprise the main bulk of his armed forces.

What do you think?

www.businessweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

Oh-MY! I really don't want to go here, or for that fact respond to your post. A question for you . . . have you spent more than a couple minutes a day, beyond a normal minuscule glance at the headlines, to see what is actually happening over in the Middle-East, let alone Libya? Come on man . . . don't talk smack about the global elite and their minions and involve innocents in your summation until you know what the hell is happening, and the people that have died as a result. I have been in DAILY contact with rebels on the ground ( or their representatives) and frankly your attitude pisses me off. Don't spout STUPID # unless you truly know what you are talking about . . . please!
edit on 17-3-2011 by nonnez because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Great, a 3rd war front.

This is just f*ing dandy.

Iraq all over again. We'll capture Gadhafi in some hole, hang him, then fight guerrilla fighters for another 10 years.

Another link
www.haaretz.com...
edit on 17-3-2011 by BiGGz because: link

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
What I see is, #1 Libya has oil, #2 the usa controls the UN. #3 the usa wishes to exert it's influence even further in the middle east etc perhaps creating another market for haliburton etc, as in offer democracy (which of course the usa is a prime example of..NOT, freedom..NOT, freedom of speech..NOT,) The usa needs to first clean it's own house before it even thinks about destroying anothers and then profits again from it's misplaced aid in the name of supposed democracy. Look at what just happened in Bahrain, 1000 Saudi troops sent in to SUPPORT the Gov't, so the usa likes the present Bahrainian regime we can assume and because the usa supplies the Saudies with most of their armaments etc the usa is guilty by association once again. When will this madness stop? I am unsure if LIbya is on any seismic faults otherwise I am sure they would have already been targeted by the HAARP also.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
A thread on this topic already exists here.

Please add your comments to the thread listed above.

Closed.

top topics

join